S

sólstafir

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Life as a process, from physico-chemical point of view is just wonderful, truly magnificent and extremely complex thing. I adore it from this perspective. Whats emerge from this process is different story tho. Life from perspective of living thing can be a gift, but often is a curse... Can't decide for now what my view is. I love and hate it at the same time.

I'm able to think like you on better days, and life is not only what happens to me, but also for others, you can witness it yourself sometimes for others - truely magnificent for them, but not for me.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Can I take it back and exchange it for something else?

Reactions: Broken Chimera, AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot and 2 others
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
It is like a gift from your old aunt. You have no idea what to do with it but you have to be grateful because everyone expects you to be grateful.

• Love
Reactions: Broken Chimera, AutumnEmbers, TimeToDie and 3 others
S

suicideofpeace

Feb 28, 2019
if my life a gift, please get back your a gift god ....and give me eternal sleep

• Hugs
Reactions: Nunyabinniss, TimeToDie, oopswronglife and 1 other person
Leonfreak17

Leonfreak17

<<-voDKa->>
Aug 12, 2018
I don't even celebrate my birthday, in my eyes that day is a dark stain on this world.

Reactions: Broken Chimera and Nunyabinniss
Nunyabinniss

Nunyabinniss

Mar 23, 2019
I don't understand how life is a "gift" when many of us were unplanned and basically an outcome of our parents' mistakes.
And some of us were treated like burdens and forced to face traumatizing childhoods and left to fend for ourselves as broken adults.
Not a gift, more like left in the trash.
Parents act like we owe them for giving us life. But I feel like they owe us.

None of asked for any of this.
None of us asked to be born, only to end up longing to die.
oh my friend, boy do I ever feel you. I've thought about this many times before. I definitely doubt see it as a gift, and for many of us bastards it truly seems to be more like garbage. I feel you....

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot
D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
Anyone else get angry when they hear the phrase, 'the gift of life'?

If it's a gift, then I'm looking for the Returns department.

• Love
Reactions: lilyeehaw and not_a_robot
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
When will people learn it isn't a black or white thing. Life is neither a curse, nor a gift. Live and experience your life the way you do and stop trying to find a definition that applies to every single person in the world.

That advice goes both ways.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Life sucks even worse than the gif-wrapped snow shovel I got as an X-mas gift as a kid. I'd like to return my life for a full refund.

Haha that's so messed up! "MERRY CHRISTMAS to our Child Labourer!" Were they expecting you to be excited about that gift??

Reactions: not_a_robot
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Let's see, Life is a gift that I can't give away and it's looked down on to destroy it? This "gift" made me want to tear my hair out daily, made me deal with fake people daily, suffer physically and mentally and I'm supposed to be thankful for this gift that I never asked for or wanted? And to top it off if I don't stick around for it a God is going to send me to hell for not wanting what he gave me? Doesn't make sense? Then why do people say it almost every day? As far as I'm concerned this is hell. I'll take hell over this.
When will people learn it isn't a black or white thing. Life is neither a curse, nor a gift. Live and experience your life the way you do and stop trying to find a definition that applies to every single person in the world.

That advice goes both ways.
While I agree with you, if life isn't a curse it sure as hell feels like one.

• Hugs
Reactions: lilyeehaw and not_a_robot
lilyeehaw

lilyeehaw

yeehaw?
Jun 30, 2019
I have become more spiritual, The more I wonder the path to death.

Consciousness is a gift, Life in our current form is a gift to those who can bear it and a curse to those who cannot. Its an experience that can be whatever you make of it, The connections, Decisions you make. You are in control of your life under the situational conditions you are restricted by for the time being or the duration of your life.

Our bodies are a harbour for our conscious being. The universe is a mind-blowing complex system that we can't fully comprehend. Our understanding of existence will not be able to be understood for the foreseeable future, we cannot grasp just how uncomprehensible existence is because we are simply limited by our evolutionary progress. I believe that all of us are connected to the universe via a sort of cosmic consciousness, We are but passengers ever travelling across the universe. It sounds crazy, I most likely am crazy.

Anyway, that's my ramblings for tonight thanks for coming to my TED talk xD

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: AutumnEmbers and lilyeehaw
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Let's see, Life is a gift that I can't give away and it's looked down on to destroy it? This "gift" made me want to tear my hair out daily, made me deal with fake people daily, suffer physically and mentally and I'm supposed to be thankful for this gift that I never asked for or wanted? And to top it off if I don't stick around for it a God is going to send me to hell for not wanting what he gave me? Doesn't make sense? Then why do people say it almost every day? As far as I'm concerned this is hell. I'll take hell over this.

While I agree with you, if life isn't a curse it sure as hell feels like one.

Yeah, but that is your experience of it though.

Theon

Theon

Experienced
Jun 20, 2019
The phrase "the gift of life" just makes me incredibly sad because I squandered so many of the gifts I received.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot and lilyeehaw
ToodleyDoKangaroo

ToodleyDoKangaroo

Jul 14, 2019
I think the problem is that as humans, we tend to think in binary terms when some things just exist. Life isn't good or bad. It just is. But I don't think we start off as blank slates either. We have genetic makeups and we're already predispositioned to certain things. And we can't pick our parents and our families. So for the first eighteen years, we pretty much don't have much choice. By then, a lot of things have been set into motion and it can be hard to overcome whatever has already happened. Yeah, eventually we do have choices and we can change things, but it's extremely hard and sometimes impossible to do. I think if anything, life is chance. It's random and it doesn't really care about us. Shit just happens and sometimes it works in our favor and other times, the odds are stacked against us.

But, for real, if this shit is a gift, someone made a very passive aggressive buying decision. :-D

• Hugs
Reactions: binturong and not_a_robot