Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I recently learned of still another suicide, via Instagram and then looking the deceased person up in Facebook. Another person always pictured smiling, looking happy. The whole gist of any comments for this deceased person, there were lots of comments, however, the whole tone was "DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM!" I.E. don't bring up that this was a suicide. People can't just TALK about these feelings.

There is another suicide website, but without forums, that I found in 2010. It even had a chart of the success rates of each ctb method, the duration of time it takes to die, and an "agony index" of how much pain one would have with each method. This is something that helped me to NOT ctb, seeing this chart. But now the do-gooders deactivated the link in this alternate suicide website.

I have also read that the do-gooders don't think people should be looking at suicide memes. Suicide memes have been a real help, providing some understanding of how I feel, sometimes with levity that helps me feel a bit better.

This is a vent, I guess, but like I said, this suicide (local in my city) finding about it is recent. "DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. DON'T BRING UP SUICIDE". Then everyone stands around, after the person takes their own life, wringing their hands, saying "Why didn't they TELL anyone???" Because all anyone does is post the National Suicide Hotline, AFTER the person takes their own life. Otherwise, don't bring up how depressed you are, how suicidal you may feel. And people die.

I guess this is a vent, I hope anyone reading this understands. Thanks for reading

Reactions: peaches and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
That website put me off suicide years ago - that every method is tricky, that you have to get it right or you make things worse. It's an important resource.

since then, I research poisons in everything I watch and read!

Reactions: Tegan_sky
KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
That website you mentioned sounds really interesting. Shame the pro-lifers took it down. It sounds like it could've been used in a similar way to what you described it, to disincentivize people from killing themselves. Do you remember by any chance the most popular method, and its rating on the agony index? My guess would be that it had something to do with firearms, or maybe something like hard drugs.

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
That website you mentioned sounds really interesting. Shame the pro-lifers took it down. It sounds like it could've been used in a similar way to what you described it, to disincentivize people from killing themselves. Do you remember by any chance the most popular method, and its rating on the agony index? My guess would be that it had something to do with firearms, or maybe something like hard drugs.
The website still is out there...I don't know if it would be a violation of SS rules to name it. The most successful method was gunshot to the head. Shot to the head also had the shortest duration of how long to die, and not too bad of an "agony index." I know the right search words to use to find the chart, the page is still out there. But the pro-lifer, do-gooders deactivated the link in the main website.

• Love
Reactions: KuroiSH
P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I recently learned of still another suicide, via Instagram and then looking the deceased person up in Facebook. Another person always pictured smiling, looking happy. The whole gist of any comments for this deceased person, there were lots of comments, however, the whole tone was "DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM!" I.E. don't bring up that this was a suicide. People can't just TALK about these feelings.

There is another suicide website, but without forums, that I found in 2010. It even had a chart of the success rates of each ctb method, the duration of time it takes to die, and an "agony index" of how much pain one would have with each method. This is something that helped me to NOT ctb, seeing this chart. But now the do-gooders deactivated the link in this alternate suicide website.

I have also read that the do-gooders don't think people should be looking at suicide memes. Suicide memes have been a real help, providing some understanding of how I feel, sometimes with levity that helps me feel a bit better.

This is a vent, I guess, but like I said, this suicide (local in my city) finding about it is recent. "DON'T TALK ABOUT IT. DON'T BRING UP SUICIDE". Then everyone stands around, after the person takes their own life, wringing their hands, saying "Why didn't they TELL anyone???" Because all anyone does is post the National Suicide Hotline, AFTER the person takes their own life. Otherwise, don't bring up how depressed you are, how suicidal you may feel. And people die.

I guess this is a vent, I hope anyone reading this understands. Thanks for reading
Hi,
Well said. I do understand.
A friend of a friend recently died from suicide.
I didn't know her. But part of what ensued was a scramble among the "survivors" and what they should have done to KEEP her here.
I educated my friend about how much this woman had to hide herself, how she knew the consequences of being truthful would land her in the hospital against her will, and how she had spent many years trying to stay here. That it's not about them.
Some pain and suffering is not survivable for some of us.

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
The website still is out there...I don't know if it would be a violation of SS rules to name it. The most successful method was gunshot to the head. Shot to the head also had the shortest duration of how long to die, and not too bad of an "agony index." I know the right search words to use to find the chart, the page is still out there. But the pro-lifer, do-gooders deactivated the link in the main website.
I was sort of right. Guess I'll have to start digging through decade old pages, then. Thanks for your reply.