L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
I don't think overwhelming SI means you have something to live for necessarily. I want to die…I need to die…but I'm so scared. I've searched and read dozens of jumping threads on this site…a lot of people think it's a horrible way to ctb. And I get it. Will I feel instant regret and will the fall be terrifying? Will I die on impact? Or experience excruciating pain? Will I hit the water and drown?

But even though I'm a middle aged adult, I'm living with my mom right now bc I'm so deeply depressed. This limits my ctb options to close to none. But I could take her car in the middle of the night and drive to this bridge…but will I be able to overcome the fear and actually jump!?

How would you handle the SI of a 600ft drop? I don't have drugs! 😔

IMG 5683 IMG 5684

• Hugs
Reactions: Hypocrite_, Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
abouttosuicide

abouttosuicide

Dec 20, 2023
I believe that you would be death in a moment when you touch the land...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Jumping sounds like such a terrifying method to me, those who choose it really are so courageous, I admire them and I really wish it's not so difficult to cease existing on our own terms. But anyway I hope that you eventually find freedom from your suffering.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I agree with you. I don't think SI is to do with a love of life. I think it's an instinctual fear of danger. We know whatever we're about to do is going to cause us harm but we don't know how much it will hurt, how long for and how much fear we'll experience. Plus yeah- the whole fear of maiming but not killing ourselves.

I used to consider jumping. I even walked across a bridge to check it out once- I didn't really intend to jump- it was more of a test but yeah- I'm not sure I have the guts. Plus- this particular bridge, people have survived from- so- that would be enough to put me off. That looks very high though. Do people use it a lot for suicide?

Reactions: Lostindespair3
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I don't think overwhelming SI means you have something to live for necessarily. I want to die…I need to die…but I'm so scared. I've searched and read dozens of jumping threads on this site…a lot of people think it's a horrible way to ctb. And I get it. Will I feel instant regret and will the fall be terrifying? Will I die on impact? Or experience excruciating pain? Will I hit the water and drown?

But even though I'm a middle aged adult, I'm living with my mom right now bc I'm so deeply depressed. This limits my ctb options to close to none. But I could take her car in the middle of the night and drive to this bridge…but will I be able to overcome the fear and actually jump!?

How would you handle the SI of a 600ft drop? I don't have drugs! 😔

View attachment 125077View attachment 125078
I can only speak for myself. For me I feel like I have to be emotionally numb. When I'm distraught I can't imagine jumping like that. When I'm peaceful I feel like I could do it. I plan on drinking to help overcome SI. Funny thing is most people worry if the jump is high enough. My spot is 16 stories. I want it to be high enough, but not to high. 150-200 feet seem fine for me. 600 feet makes me nervous. Weird I know.

Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
That would certainly kill you on impact, gonna be horrifying though. At least it wouldn't last long. Good luck.

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Yeah- I agree with you. I don't think SI is to do with a love of life. I think it's an instinctual fear of danger. We know whatever we're about to do is going to cause us harm but we don't know how much it will hurt, how long for and how much fear we'll experience. Plus yeah- the whole fear of maiming but not killing ourselves.

I used to consider jumping. I even walked across a bridge to check it out once- I didn't really intend to jump- it was more of a test but yeah- I'm not sure I have the guts. Plus- this particular bridge, people have survived from- so- that would be enough to put me off. That looks very high though. Do people use it a lot for suicide?
Wait people have survived jumping from Rio Grande Gorge?? When I searched I couldn't find any. About 2-3 people a year jump from this bridge. Thank you for your reply- you articulated things so well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Wait people have survived jumping from Rio Grande Gorge?? When I searched I couldn't find any. About 2-3 people a year jump from this bridge. Thank you for your reply- you articulated things so well.

Oh sorry- no- I meant the bridge I checked out in the UK once. I can't have been that articulate in that case but thank you for the compliment. No- that Rio Grande bridge looks much higher.

I

iji

Dec 4, 2023
I believe most people who jump from height do that on impulse, for example while feeling overwhelming stress. I almost did thiis in such a situation. I really recommend you don't do this because this is a super horrible way to go and very risk. You can look for yourself people who end up vegetative, paraplegia...

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Oh sorry- no- I meant the bridge I checked out in the UK once. I can't have been that articulate in that case but thank you for the compliment. No- that Rio Grande bridge looks much higher.
Haha I meant the first part!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep