abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Time is such a weird thing. Whether people believe it to be a construct or a constant or something completely different time affecting us all. This can be in forms of remembering feelings of nostalgia or sadness, forgetting time in the sense of current or past moments, giving thought to the infinite time ahead of our existence. I could defiantly write multiple pages on each of these small aspects in the way that time affects us but rather I just will sum it up by saying that all of these difference aspects of how awful time can be are laying a heavy toll onto myself the last year and a half (probably my whole life honestly). Time just always seems to be in control. Time will move faster than intended, time will slow down in the worst spots, time will remove what was once there, time will skip what I currently have, time just ends up getting the best of me every time. I will admit as someone who doesnt sleep more than 4 hours each night being awake for 20 hours and living what seems to be one constant day I do have troubles grasping the concept we use to wrap our heads around time. Anyways I honestly dont know where I was going with this, and I know its stupid to be "blaming" time, but I just find it so annoying that I have to live in a reality in which time acts the way as it does for the majority of us.

• Love
Reactions: imsorrythatimhere, pthnrdnojvsc, kovkay and 8 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
When I look back on my entire life it seems very short, which is great. The shorter, the better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Death is beautiful, Tkmiz_Tsukumizu, abruptum and 3 others
throwaway2goawy

throwaway2goawy

Mar 7, 2021
I get it, one thing about time is that I used to HAVE to be in a routine to feel good, especially with COVID limiting what we can do and meaning I have to WFH for a year (and counting).

While I'm not the best to speak to as I'm feeling shit at the moment, doing stuff like having a set bedtime with enough hours, going for walks at lunch, going off of electronics before bed, drinking enough water each day etc. did make a visable difference to me. I think having a routine stopped me wasting the day away and gave me some satisfaction knowing I'd completed my tasks that day.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, budgie, abruptum and 1 other person
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
Wish I could turn back time think people have written songs about it

• Yay!
Reactions: abruptum
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Yes, always fighting time and losing.

• Hugs
Into The Void

Into The Void

Student
Mar 10, 2021
Take DMT and experience time dilation.

Reactions: sparkie, Dead beat dad and Makko
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Love and respect friend, I feel this.
I think time is like a sort of train and I'm looking out of the window and all that happens is that the train gets faster and faster and the landscape goes by quicker and quicker.

DBD

• Hugs
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
Due to circumstances beyond my control, my life is on hold at the moment, and I'm not talking about the pandemic. It makes me feel like time is passing me by, which just feeds my anxiety and depression. Once life goes back to normal for everybody else, I'll still be stuck in neutral. Only makes me want to ctb ASAP.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: budgie, abruptum, Ame and 1 other person
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
on copious amounts of lsd i have relived the same day on a continuous loop only to have the events of the day get more drastic until i was able to escape and I can say the experience I had with time in that moment only gave me more confirmation bias towards time being a dickhead of a thing
Due to circumstances beyond my control, my life is on hold at the moment, and I'm not talking about the pandemic. It makes me feel like time is passing me by, which just feeds my anxiety and depression. Once life goes back to normal for everybody else, I'll still be stuck in neutral. Only makes me want to ctb ASAP.
it feels like if i ever stop to take a second for myself i will always be a second behind for the rest of my life because time never cuts anyone slack. i'm sorry for whatever you're going through it does provide some solace to know that it's not just me going through this alone

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kovkay, Ame and booray
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
Time is horrifying. I hate how fast it flies by sometimes. I also really, really hate aging.

Reactions: Callie Arcale and pthnrdnojvsc
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was thinking of this last night! Time is so weird!
The clock is ticking and there's nothing we can do to stop it. The goal: death, who's patiently waiting for all of us.

Everything has a time limit! At least that's what our brains make us believe!

• Hugs
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
This post made me think of a line from a song I like that goes:

"Time has a funny kind of violence and I'm trying to keep in mind it can't leave you the way it finds you."

Last edited:
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
My experience of time is paradoxical. On the one hand I feel like the last 40 years have been but a blink of an eye.

On the other hand, every day is going by at a snail's pace, and everything is such misery and torture.

I don't understand how time can pass so quickly and so excrutiantingly slowly at the same time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, booray, stygal and 2 others
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
there is this thing called time engineering and it's a secret science.

also referred to as Buddhism. I suspect monks are just as evil as the technocrats and the mathematicians.

Last edited:
  • Wow
B

Belaya Noch

Sep 3, 2020
This thread reminded me of Marcel Proust's In Search of Lost Time

The time which we have at our disposal every day is elastic; the passions that we feel expand it, those that we inspire contract it; and habit fills up what remains.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Ame and abruptum
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
Would love to if i could get it? I had a very powerful LSD experience once it was the most amazing 16 hrs of my life but bit scary (wasnt even drinking at the time i cant even imagine doing something like that now without alcohol ive become so weak) now i did it by myself like i do everything but never did it again like the one parachute jump i did!

Into The Void

Into The Void

Student
Mar 10, 2021
Would love to if i could get it? I had a very powerful LSD experience once it was the most amazing 16 hrs of my life but bit scary (wasnt even drinking at the time i cant even imagine doing something like that now without alcohol ive become so weak) now i did it by myself like i do everything but never did it again like the one parachute jump i did!
You can get psychedelics from the dark web if your interested.

kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
It always trips me out how out perception of time can be affected by the activities that we are doing. Also, it's scary that time seems to speed up as we age. The way to combat this is to constantly seek novel experiences.

Reactions: stygal, signifying nothing and pthnrdnojvsc
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
It always trips me out how out perception of time can be affected by the activities that we are doing. Also, it's scary that time seems to speed up as we age. The way to combat this is to constantly seek novel experiences.
And let go of past experiences I find also helps.

Reactions: kovkay
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Working hard on shifting my mindset to live more in the present or at least cut out my past. It's hard though, my minds always trapped in situations that already happened.
Plus ever since I can remember - even in my earliest childhood - I wanted time to move faster and the day to be over quicker but simultaneously I didn't know why - since nothing different would happen the next one. Like I am driven by an invisible force.
I also can't really utilize or enjoy any of my "free" time.

Last edited:
Reactions: kovkay and Callie Arcale
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life is a function of time.

Time kills everything. Everything ends and deteriorates with time. I hate time and I wish I can freeze it.

Reactions: Callie Arcale