sadlyexisting

sadlyexisting

Missing the good times
Jun 26, 2023
I remember when I was still young, I was so happy and full of life. But when I got to middle school everything changed, I was always the person with good grades and just perfect in everything school related. When I started to fail in school I just got pressure from all sides, parents, friends, teachers, and even from my grandparents. Because of that pressure I failed even more and when my grades went from a 1 to 3 (A to C) I got seen as a complete failure in my family. Just a girl that doesn't seem to care about school and was just lazy all the time. I started to lose friends because of that, teachers just said how disappointed they are and one even said: ''I hope you get a 1 (A) in the next exam, otherwise I don't want you in my course anymore, you are just ruining the average grade of the course.'' That was the point where I really thought that I was worthless, and still do to this day. I told the teachers many times, but they didn't believe me because I couldn't get a diagnosis. They thought I was just trying to make up an excuse for my bad grades. I just hope that the fucked up education system will get fixed one day, it has caused so many to lose their lives already.

My feelings feel somehow very invalid, some people have been through trauma or even abuse and I want to die of just too much pressure. It seems a bit silly, actually. I just hope that everyone can find their peace someday.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: tbroken, actualfemcel, sserafim and 10 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
They point the finger, to distract from how they're the incompetent ones. Better to call it mere training than education

Reactions: tbroken, sserafim and The anhedonic one
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are perfectly valid, those people just sound so cruel to me. And I certainly think that education very often just leads to even more unnecessary suffering.

Reactions: The anhedonic one and FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I got seen as a complete failure in my family.

Ugh. I used to be a good student and then went downhill in highschool. My parents then started comparing me to my younger sibling. Like, wtf? So bullshit.

I hope you get a 1 (A) in the next exam, otherwise I don't want you in my course anymore, you are just ruining the average grade of the course

That's just next levels of fucked up, I'm so sorry you have to hear this. I only passed highschool with my abysmal grades 'cause the teachers had "pity". The opposite side of the spectrum.

Hope you can endure or solve this 🫂

• Love
Reactions: 90starve and The anhedonic one
Ferret77

Ferret77

Jun 2, 2023
I remember when I was still young, I was so happy and full of life. But when I got to middle school everything changed, I was always the person with good grades and just perfect in everything school related. When I started to fail in school I just got pressure from all sides, parents, friends, teachers, and even from my grandparents. Because of that pressure I failed even more and when my grades went from a 1 to 3 (A to C) I got seen as a complete failure in my family. Just a girl that doesn't seem to care about school and was just lazy all the time. I started to lose friends because of that, teachers just said how disappointed they are and one even said: ''I hope you get a 1 (A) in the next exam, otherwise I don't want you in my course anymore, you are just ruining the average grade of the course.'' That was the point where I really thought that I was worthless, and still do to this day. I told the teachers many times, but they didn't believe me because I couldn't get a diagnosis. They thought I was just trying to make up an excuse for my bad grades. I just hope that the fucked up education system will get fixed one day, it has caused so many to lose their lives already.

My feelings feel somehow very invalid, some people have been through trauma or even abuse and I want to die of just too much pressure. It seems a bit silly, actually. I just hope that everyone can find their peace someday.
Hmm....I wonder where are you from, cause it seems like we have the same grading system as you do...
Well....I completely understand how you feel and agree with you. I like education in general, and I think it's very important, however I absolutely hate the school system.
In primary and middle school, I was something called 'the gifted student,' where I would always get really good grades and be one of the top students in my class. I tried, but I didn't have to try as hard in the beginning and people would always praise me. I was never good at anything besides academics and I was going through a lot of mental health problems and family issues, so validation from other people was rare to me....Of course I got kind of addicted to the feeling of at least academic validation, as it was the only way to get it, and as a result I became a huge perfectionist (even in other areas of my life). It's not a bad thing inherently, but fueled by the toxic school environment, it only resulted in more issues.
I feel like once you're a good student, the expectations of always being the best are crazy.
Good grades aren't celebrated anymore, they are expected. It's almost like they are mandatory at this point. Your good grades aren't even that focused on anymore, because everyone's like....Well of course, they're the smart one, what else.....
But god forbid if you get a bad grade, or if you don't perform that well anymore.....Then everyone acts like you did something bad, like you're lazy and oh my god you've changed so much, what happened to you? They can't even fanthom the idea, that you are just a simple human being with problems, that perhaps there are things more important than just stupid numbers or letters on your papers. They absolutely do not define anyone's intelligence whatsoever. The pressure is unbearable, especially at 'prestigeous' schools, and a lot of people cbt because they just can't do it anymore....So no, your feelings are absolutely valid and I'm sorry that you had to go through that.
And ugh.... Don't even get me started on how they turn the students against each other and how they completely ignore bullying, but god help you, if you want to go to the bathroom during class....
Anyway, sorry for the long tangent, but I've always hated the system and I alway will... It's so stupid, really. Your academic performance does not define your worth as a person.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
sadlyexisting

sadlyexisting

Missing the good times
Jun 26, 2023
Hmm....I wonder where are you from, cause it seems like we have the same grading system as you do...
Well....I completely understand how you feel and agree with you. I like education in general, and I think it's very important, however I absolutely hate the school system.
In primary and middle school, I was something called 'the gifted student,' where I would always get really good grades and be one of the top students in my class. I tried, but I didn't have to try as hard in the beginning and people would always praise me. I was never good at anything besides academics and I was going through a lot of mental health problems and family issues, so validation from other people was rare to me....Of course I got kind of addicted to the feeling of at least academic validation, as it was the only way to get it, and as a result I became a huge perfectionist (even in other areas of my life). It's not a bad thing inherently, but fueled by the toxic school environment, it only resulted in more issues.
I feel like once you're a good student, the expectations of always being the best are crazy.
Good grades aren't celebrated anymore, they are expected. It's almost like they are mandatory at this point. Your good grades aren't even that focused on anymore, because everyone's like....Well of course, they're the smart one, what else.....
But god forbid if you get a bad grade, or if you don't perform that well anymore.....Then everyone acts like you did something bad, like you're lazy and oh my god you've changed so much, what happened to you? They can't even fanthom the idea, that you are just a simple human being with problems, that perhaps there are things more important than just stupid numbers or letters on your papers. They absolutely do not define anyone's intelligence whatsoever. The pressure is unbearable, especially at 'prestigeous' schools, and a lot of people cbt because they just can't do it anymore....So no, your feelings are absolutely valid and I'm sorry that you had to go through that.
And ugh.... Don't even get me started on how they turn the students against each other and how they completely ignore bullying, but god help you, if you want to go to the bathroom during class....
Anyway, sorry for the long tangent, but I've always hated the system and I alway will... It's so stupid, really. Your academic performance does not define your worth as a person.
This is literally exactly how I feel. Right now I am at a private christian school in germany. And dealing with christian's is even worse, since they see suicide as a sin and people who do it are just selfish. I literally hate them so much omg, once they even talked bad about a student that killed herself. One teacher of mine is even saying that god resolves everything and mental health problems don't even exist, everyone is just lying. Like what the fuck are they talking about

• Love
Reactions: 90starve, The anhedonic one and Ferret77
Ferret77

Ferret77

Jun 2, 2023
This is literally exactly how I feel. Right now I am at a private christian school in germany. And dealing with christian's is even worse, since they see suicide as a sin and people who do it are just selfish. I literally hate them so much omg, once they even talked bad about a student that killed herself. One teacher of mine is even saying that god resolves everything and mental health problems don't even exist, everyone is just lying. Like what the fuck are they talking about
Ah that makes sense, I'm from Czech republic....
What....Those people are so delusional 😭
You can believe in God, but don't deny science...I really don't understand people who are like that. Mental health issues are very real and were always here, it just wasn't talked about, because it was seen as shameful. People act like it's a thing that the new generation came up with or whatever, when it's here from the beginning of time. People were just shoved into mental health asylums and they called it a day...
And I absolutely hate the idea of "suicide is selfish and if you do it, then you're a horrible person".....For what? For being in pain every day and being so exhausted of it, that I decide I don't want to be here anymore? I don't want to be in that pain anymore?
People always talk about free choice, but....When it comes to this, free will suddenly gets thrown out the window. Why is it selfish if it's my body, my mind, my life....To do whatever I want with it? To be honest, I think by that notion, it's more selfish to force someone to live against their own wishes and suffer every day... Because of your own selfish beliefs and wants. I think suicide should be more accepted in society and euthanasia legal....But well, that's a different issue.
I hate how fake christian's are (not everyone ofc). It's the straight up toxic positivity (oh you're depressed? Everyone's sometimes sad ...Pray!) and instead of spreading love and compassion to all human beings, how it should actually be, they put judgement on everyone and everything that does not align with their beliefs. I'm sorry you have to be in that environment, because I'm sure it does worsen up your mental health....So I hope you'll be okay!

• Love
death's lover

death's lover

Jan 14, 2023
Literally half of the days that I wanna ctb is because of school and this shitty education system

• Love
  • Hugs
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
The education system is just a brainwashing system used to steal people's childhoods and prepare them for a lifetime of wage slavery.
It is a completely unnatural system and that is why so many kids end up developing mental illnesses because of the huge pressures enforced upon them.

• Love
Reactions: tbroken, Timothy7dff, magician99 and 1 other person
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I recall, one time in grade 9, my English teacher told me to come to her desk, she lectured me on how I'm not going to pass, I was already extremely depressed at the time on the verge of killing myself, she said I'll become a failure to society and I'll end nowhere in life, the amount of rage I felt in that moment was unforgettable, I've always been called the idiot, the fat kid, the waste of space, I fucking hate getting talked down to

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one and 90starve
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023

i think that your reasons for wanting to end your life are just as valid as anyone else's. school was hard on me too - i was bullied and isolated, and started to fail classes due to truancy.
i hope that the education system gets fixed, and becomes more geared to supporting children in difficult times rather than punishing them, and preparing them for actual life with more useful information. thinking of you <3

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024

Honestly the fact the world puts so much pressure on grades for social standing i find to be hideously disgusting if I'm honest idk why the world is this way but its dispicable and your right i hope there is change for future generations and for understanding of the human mind too

I can genuinely relate to your situation though as i was fucked by my education system myself not in the same way by all means but was held back from excelling as far as i could

Reactions: sadlyexisting