brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Like it a lot more. A book hasn't engaged me like this for a while

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, ijustwishtodie, Lost Magic and 1 other person
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Books! Things to know: It's a series. It was never finished though. As far as I know Frank wanted to write seven books but he only wrote six before he died. They go together, the first two do and then the next two. You should probably stop there, I did. If you do decide to keep reading then you should know that Brian (his son) wrote more but his work is not considered to be very good.

My opinion: The books are incredibly good! Dense, difficult to understand but if you're smart enough to then you will learn a lot. That's kind of the trick though, realizing that this is not an action story (like the movies are) but a story about humans. Frank is a fucking genius! All this shit that the system does, he saw it, how we function as species, he saw it. He put it into words, disguised it as a political story but as I said, once you realize what you're actually reading it's easier to understand. Of course you also need to be open minded as we are. Most humans are too dumb to understand any of it, that's why they see it as an action movie.

Reactions: Lost Magic
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Generally speaking, books are more or less different from movies.
In most cases, books are just better.

This happens for obvious reasons.
Among other things, more threads could be created in the book.

For example, I like the asoiaf universe.
The books are much better than the TV series: Game of Thrones.

Reactions: Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed the books. Not that many people read as much, so good on you! Personally, I have only seen the 1984 Dune directed film by David Lynch. I wasn't that keen tbh, but I realise that the movie is a big departure from Frank Herbert's source material. Whoever controls the spice, controls the universe. That's a solid metaphor for the reality that we are facing. It's a sad one at that. Humans are so destructive, wasteful and greedy. Enjoy the rest of your reading 👍