• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Apparently Ritalin made him dumber. Sucks for him lol. He probably doesn't even actually have ADHD

https://neets.net/threads/ritalin-made-me-dumber.48624/

"I took tests on and off Ritalin, I did better off
Ritalin made it even harder for me to focus
My brain is messed up"

"It made me giga paranoid and irritable tbh
The thing is that it 100% gave me more energy and focus but the thing I would focus on could be completely random. And sometimes the energy was too much and I had like a mental sperg out lol."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
I think instead of making him "dumber," it just overstimulated him, making it difficult for him to focus on the task in front of him (and not search for new stimuli)

~~~
But what exactly should we discuss here?...

Reactions: Forveleth
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think instead of making him "dumber," it just overstimulated him, making it difficult for him to focus on the task in front of him (and not search for new stimuli)

~~~
But what exactly should we discuss here?...
How psychiatric drugs can be damaging. Medication should not always be the answer. There's a saying that medicine is 3 parts poison

Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs can cause PSSD. There have been multiple threads about that on this forum. Actually, there are a multitude of threads on here about how psychiatric medications have damaged people
It is possible with Buspar. I've never taken it, but I know it has an effect on serotonin.

I have taken propranolol on many occasions. I don't think it causes any long term side effects, but that's just my experience.
I think even I was damaged (from Buspar (buspirone)). Psychiatrists don't even let you know the true side effects or long-term effects

Last edited:
Reactions: surroundedbydemons
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
I have to take my drugs for my condition, I don't think it made me dumber though and I don't know about Ritalin. Also, why do you keep linking that site?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This isn't even getting into how psychiatric drugs like SSRIs can often lead to bigger problems for the people who take them. They apparently remove sex drive which might sound like a dream for some people but if that were true then why do the people suffering from it always seem to be so upset to have it gone?

As another example, Anti-anxiety drugs are also useless because they can lead to people no longer being afraid to commit suicide thus these drugs that were supposed to help actually ended up being fatal.

Psychiatrists say that "it's about finding the right cocktail that works through trial and error" but why even go through all that if there's any risk of permanent damage from the errors? Why can't these geniuses just come up with the exact perfect blend of drugs that are guaranteed to work every time? Obviously I know why they can't but I'm just saying it shouldn't even be attempted if there is a single millionth of a percentage of a chance of any negative consequences.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Pharmaceuticals (SSRIs and SNRIs) destroyed my brain. I haven't been the same person since taking that poison almost 2 years ago. I've also had adverse reactions to marijuana (gave me panic attacks and DP/DR for around 1.5 years after I used too much) and psilocybin (another serotonergic which clearly I'm hypersensitive to). Some people do not process this shit well. F.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
How psychiatric drugs can be damaging. Medication should not always be the answer. There's a saying that medicine is 3 parts poison

Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs can cause PSSD. There have been multiple threads about that on this forum. Actually, there are a multitude of threads about how psychiatric medications have damaged people
Okay

I was unsure whether the thread was about all psychiatric drugs in general or specific to ADHD

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I have to take my drugs for my condition, I don't think it made me dumber though and I don't know about Ritalin. Also, why do you keep linking that site?
What drugs do you take? I used to take Ritalin and Adderall for ADHD (cuz I actually have ADHD). Sorry, I just like that site. I'm also a NEET and people don't talk much about NEET stuff on SS so I thought I'd bring the NEET discourse here

Last edited:
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Anti-psychiatric researchers:
Thomas Szasz, Colin Ross, Robert Whitaker, Alice Miller, Silvano Arieti.

• Informative
Reactions: vadim and sserafim
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
What drugs do you take? I used to take Ritalin and Adderall for ADHD (cuz I actually have ADHD). Sorry, I just like that site. I'm also a NEET and people don't talk much about NEET stuff on SS so I thought I'd bring the NEET discourse here
I don't really want to mention it here publicly but apparently it increases testosterone levels in men and that's ok; I'm also techincally a NEET.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I just know the worse your depression is the less effects any drug has so I've stayed away from medication personally, but I heard from multiple ppl that their anti depressants doesn't exactly help, it just makes them completely numb. And sometimes makes them want to do nothing at all.

• Informative
L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
Pharmaceuticals (SSRIs and SNRIs) destroyed my brain. I haven't been the same person since taking that poison almost 2 years ago. I've also had adverse reactions to marijuana (gave me panic attacks and DP/DR for around 1.5 years after I used too much) and psilocybin (another serotonergic which clearly I'm hypersensitive to). Some people do not process this shit well. F.
What would you take instead?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
This isn't even getting into how psychiatric drugs like SSRIs can often lead to bigger problems for the people who take them. They apparently remove sex drive which might sound like a dream for some people but if that were true then why do the people suffering from it always seem to be so upset to have it gone?

As another example, Anti-anxiety drugs are also useless because they can lead to people no longer being afraid to commit suicide thus these drugs that were supposed to help actually ended up being fatal.

Psychiatrists say that "it's about finding the right cocktail that works through trial and error" but why even go through all that if there's any risk of permanent damage from the errors? Why can't these geniuses just come up with the exact perfect blend of drugs that are guaranteed to work every time? Obviously I know why they can't but I'm just saying it shouldn't even be attempted if there is a single millionth of a percentage of a chance of any negative consequences.
At the end of the day, most psychiatrists do not have their patients' best interest in mind. There is a lot of corruption within the field of mental healthcare and psychiatric drugs are no exception. I remember watching a short where a nurse interviews a psychiatric nurse and in it they talk about having to force patients to take their psych meds and they try to frame it as them trying their best to help them. Some people in the comment had to point out the fact that most people refuse to take their psych meds because of all the awful side effects that come from them and that begs of the question of why psychiatric nurses and psychiatrists feel the need to force their patients onto drugs immediately rather than listening to them or trying out other options first. The psychiatrist I saw back when I was an outpatient got upset and told my mom that she'd put me in a mental hospital all because my mom wasn't too keen on putting me on psych meds. This psychiatrist immediately wanted to drug me up right after she was done confirming my diagnoses and diagnosing me herself and got upset just because my mom refused. Psychiatry is a field that sadly attracts a lot of horrible people.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
At the end of the day, most psychiatrists do not have their patients' best interest in mind. There is a lot of corruption within the field of mental healthcare and psychiatric drugs are no exception. I remember watching a short where a nurse interviews a psychiatric nurse and in it they talk about having to force patients to take their psych meds and they try to frame it as them trying their best to help them. Some people in the comment had to point out the fact that most people refuse to take their psych meds because of all the awful side effects that come from them and that begs of the question of why psychiatric nurses and psychiatrists feel the need to force their patients onto drugs immediately rather than listening to them or trying out other options first. The psychiatrist I saw back when I was an outpatient got upset and told my mom that she'd put me in a mental hospital all because my mom wasn't too keen on putting me on psych meds. This psychiatrist immediately wanted to drug me up right after she was done confirming my diagnoses and diagnosing me herself and got upset just because my mom refused. Psychiatry is a field that sadly attracts a lot of horrible people.
Because the only tool they have is a hammer so every problem they see looks like a nail.

L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
CBD actually works well for me but everyone is different. I won't experiment with anything else after the various disasters I've had.
Damn ok. Thanks for the heads up. What disasters have you had? Trying to avoid the mistakes!

Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024

Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs can cause PSSD. There have been multiple threads about that on this forum. Actually, there are a multitude of threads on here about how psychiatric medications have damaged people

I think even I was damaged (from Buspar (buspirone)). Psychiatrists don't even let you know the true side effects or long-term effects

In what way do you think you were damaged from Buspar?

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Damn ok. Thanks for the heads up. What disasters have you had? Trying to avoid the mistakes!
The ones I mentioned (THC, antidepresssants, psilocybin)... here is a more detailed post. Sadly I can't give any recommendation since everyone is different and there's no way to know in advance how things will play out. I'm just one individual though and my experience isn't common.

Reactions: life360d_on_me