• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
It's not your fault you didn't live up to your full potential. Whatever has led you to ctb, it's likely that it has been out of your hands. I know in my case it was, entirely.

It's extremely sad to see lost potential go to waste, especially if it's used as fuel to prop up abusive people. But it's not your fault, and you shouldn't allow the burden of lost potential to keep you from ending your pain. The burden of "lost potential" may also have been implanted into you by narc parents / caregivers.

Ultimately, your life is not that important. Don't allow meaningless and vague concepts of "value," "potential" etc stop you from ending your pain. More than anything you deserve to be pain free. If the expectations you have for yourself are preventing you from living without significant pain, let them go.

Find eternal peace.

Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

Dec 15, 2021
It's not your fault you didn't live up to your full potential. Whatever has led you to ctb, it's likely that it has been out of your hands. I know in my case it was, entirely.

It's extremely sad to see lost potential go to waste, especially if it's used as fuel to prop up abusive people. But it's not your fault, and you shouldn't allow the burden of lost potential to keep you from ending your pain. The burden of "lost potential" may also have been implanted into you by narc parents / caregivers.

Ultimately, your life is not that important. Don't allow meaningless and vague concepts of "value," "potential" etc stop you from ending your pain. More than anything you deserve to be pain free. If the expectations you have for yourself are preventing you from living without significant pain, let them go.

Find eternal peace.
Well said. Especially when it comes to narc parents that set you up for failure.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Good points! What are your views on not killing oneself due to FOMO and right timing in general?

Reactions: akwa
Time4Peace

Time4Peace

What the hell I'm doing here?
Apr 9, 2024
Here's an analogy I came up with.
You are in prison and you are served lunch. Being happy to have lunch and maybe it's even tasty, doesn't mean you are not in prison.

This is a world of pay to play, with us or against us, to have and then to replace and to be replaced.

A farm, a prison, sadness, loneliness, tragedy, disgrace.

Last edited:
loslassen

loslassen

call me June
Dec 8, 2023
I think there is no right way to look at it, but many personal ones that might as well be right in each persons eyes, not everyone has the same experiences let alone the same perspective over things. I've been shown and I've lived very beautiful things that make me want to keep on living, that make me feel even more sad to the thought of wanting to leave. But to me it is also fear, and some kind of grief and sorrow to my "lost potential" I'm sad, I'm upset I didn't get to live fairly, I'm upset I'm wasting myself so much in suffering when I could be doing so many amazing and fun things, I try to keep on pushing with the hope it might get better some day, but yes, in the end of the day I just want my pain to end, and I'm afraid, of my lost potential, but I don't want to suffer anymore…

Reactions: thenamingofcats
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
Good points! What are your views on not killing oneself due to FOMO and right timing in general?
If you feel FOMO and have doubts about timing ofc don't do it, but I'm a hardcore antinatalist and see suicide as the most rational choice, always. If you're dead there will be no feelings of FOMO, all pain and all craving will cease.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
My parents view me as a failure, but honestly, I don't care. I don't want to achieve anything anyways. Why am I expected to? They wanted me to go to medical school and become a doctor, but I'm a NEET. I just don't see any reason to make something out of myself. My mom says that I didn't reach my full potential but I never even wanted to. I never wanted to become an adult in the first place and even when I was a kid, I never had a dream job or career. I didn't want to be anything

Last edited:
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
If you feel FOMO and have doubts about timing ofc don't do it, but I'm a hardcore antinatalist and see suicide as the most rational choice, always. If you're dead there will be no feelings of FOMO, all pain and all craving will cease.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I'm an antinatalist as well, btw, though not a promortalist, at least not in the sense most are. What if you're wrong about there being nothing after death? Would that change your views?

Reactions: sserafim