• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Today I finished the book Signifying rappers by Mark Costello and David Foster Wallace. One can say people have a certain intelligence towards music and mine is close to zero. I am horrendous at it. So I will only be able to give a superficial "analysis" (it sounds sad) of the music part. So the presuppositions for a good thread might not be met but I will try my best.

So I love Lil Peep's music. But I am not quite the target group. But this is the first interesting fact. He raps about money, hard drugs, "bitches", a fast lifestyle completely diametrical to mine and this is one reason why I am so attracted to his music. It is like a look in a different world for me. An escape from my daily sorrows and worries. What if I went hard on drugs (which i would never do), play Russian roulette with my fate and try to become a rapper, risking my whole fucking life just for this one chance. We are fascinated by such people. Though there are a lot of untold stories of young homeless mentally ill men in the streets of the US with face tats who will never be able to afford an house, addicted to multiple substances, never will able to work. Some become criminals, some are exposed to abuse, some commit suicide. So personally I am sceptical about the influence of his work. I heard stories of fans who adored his lifestyle and shared the same premature death.
However everyone is free to choose one's own way of living. And personally I can relate to the desire to die young. It never was my first priority but my inner sadness and abuse fueled that desire.

I think concerning Peep on risk aversion we have the biggest differences. I am a very risk averse person sometimes it has advantages sometimes disadvantages. It is to assume without this lifestyle he never would have become famous. Personally I am anti-drugs but it is likely that his creativity was increased by substances. And the influence of such music is very difficult to pin down. So much music has the content of drugs, sex and rock'n roll and not everyone who loves that music becomes an addict. And some people who become addicts would have become that anyway.

I am fascinated by his mind. Personally I die a thousand death if I make a somewhat big (minor tbh) mistake for example at exams. I torture myself over that. And he he fucks his nervous system irreversibly, celebrates it and gloryfies the pain as he calls it in one song. I love his chutzpa. There is some beauty in such an attitude without a doubt. It often has severe consequences but it feels bold to accept the consequences knowingly. Still I would not recommend anyone to copy his lifestyle.

I like Peep's personality. I can relate to his social awkwardness, his anxieties and fears. He always knew he would get judged for his face tats but still tolerated that feeling because he genuinely wanted them. (Still I would not recommend anyone who needs a job face tats). I highly respect him as an artist. He was real. But he also promoted self-destruction to a certain extent. His lyrics are not the fanciest ones compared to the lyrical skill of Eminem or let's say Kendrick Lamar. But you feel deep emotions when you listen to his songs. He was real, he was honest, he was relatsble, he was exceptionally good at mixing the sound etc. on his own. I must say I think he did for example Star shopping alone and damn he was a genius at doing that at such a young age. It is really sad how much insanely good music he could have created if he lved longer.

His music is purely elegiac. Bitter-sweet for someone chronically depressed with suicidality as me. You feel less alone, you feel understood and at the same time there is so much beauty isn how he captures the pain in such an amazing art. There are fun songs, there are love songs, drug songs, heartwarming and heartbreaking ones.

One big questionable thing about me. I might would have never become Peep fan if he did not die this young. Due to the fact artists explode in their popularity when they die this young. I am not that much into the music industry and I rather only listen to bigger artists. I am rather a sheep in this instance. Of course we all feel melancholia and sadness when we listen to his song. And this feeling becomes more intense because we know he is gone. I think that is natural. Shit don't feel the same when you're out of town.

People die, that's when we like 'em, you know?
'Cause your remorse kinda
Makes you check 'em out

I know the song was never intended of Peep. Peep was a very tolerant person, openly bisexual and xxxtentacion almost beated a gay man dead. Still he nails it why Peep blew up after his death. I like Peep for being so tolerant.

His stance on capitalism might be hyporcitical. But he is not a political artist and well almost all rappers rap about money.

Moreover I am very focused on intelligence and education. He is the opposite. And sometimes I don't like my fixation on that and prefer Peep's view on it. In the music video of Awful things there is a poster with the words "Reading is my sauce". I find such a stance anti-intellectualism kind of thought provoking.

So I hope I got some good points in this thread.

rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
But I am not quite the target group. But this is the first interesting fact. He raps about money, hard drugs, "bitches", a fast lifestyle completely diametrical to mine and this is one reason why I am so attracted to his music. It is like a look in a different world for me. An escape from my daily sorrows and worries.
I really love lil peep, and im also someone who have a complete different "lifestyle" than whats in his song. I'm someone who would really abide the rules, not really for anything, im just scared of breaking the rules. So I never really went outside of my "comfort" and just follow what people are doing or telling me to do.
I like Peep's personality. I can relate to his social awkwardness, his anxieties and fears.

His music is purely elegiac. Bitter-sweet for someone chronically depressed with suicidality as me. You feel less alone, you feel understood and at the same time there is so much beauty isn how he captures the pain in such an amazing art. There are fun songs, there are love songs, drug songs, heartwarming and heartbreaking ones.
This is maybe why I love lil peep, on the outside we're really different, I could never be like that. But it feels like we feel the same things. Some songs just start to hit more and more as time passes.
One big questionable thing about me. I might would have never become Peep fan if he did not die this young. Due to the fact artists explode in their popularity when they die this young. I am not that much into the music industry and I rather only listen to bigger artists.
I also only discovered him after he died. I was never into any music artist or really any genre before. I listened to nightcore, j-pop, k-pop, and stuff like that before. I still listen to those stuff but now I try to find more underground music. Mostly stuff thats on the same line as what peep made.