• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
One of the greatest tools humans have is the ability to think and deduce but this tool is oppressed because it creates a threat to the many delusions humans have including any form of human supremacy, prolife, etc

(Note: The brain in this post means the abstract part able to compute and analyze, not the messy biological hardware, the messy organ full of problems and pain that sometimes even prevents the ability to think, compute and analyze.)

Unfortunately, even here, the remnants of such mental suppression and abuse is still there, the indoctrination is heavy that even when someone is ctbing, they subliminally think about such things. I can't stress enough how this mental abuse could cause mental illnesses and could be a reason for ctbing.

One of the common problems is low self-esteem. When everyone is trying to suppress and gaslight and suppress one's brain and capabilities as much as possible, low self-esteem is an obvious result.

Add to that the enormous amount of Ad hominem (both explicit and implicit) even in places like this forum. Those tiny bits accumulates and makes one in disbelief in their own capabilities.

To explain and demonstrate the core of the problem, let's look at this example, not an uncommon line said by a lot of people.

"Everything is a result of the brain, so we (I and you) can't know anything."

This type of lines is a double argumentum ad hominem, in which someone attacks themselves and tries to attack the other person, often followed or accompanied by anthropocentric statements. I can't stress enough how this is actually gaslighting, how this should be noticed everywhere specially in this place where people are suffering because they already experienced such mental suppression and abuse everywhere in this world, and it shouldn't go unnoticed here because usually it could hurt subliminally.

The above statement has at least two logical problems:

1- The statement itself is a result of the brain, and whatever conclusion is a result of the brain:

This means both sides are on equal footing, and the whole anthropocentric line that tries to make humans superior (explicitly or implicitly) is wrong.

2- The brain is capable of reaching objective truths:

Universal objective truth being unreachable doesn't mean partial and finite objective truths are unreachable. Universal objective truth's problem is the size which is a straightforward mathematical problem where one can't even process the input because it's arbitrarily large. The brain, however, is capable of reaching finite or small objective truths. That means one is capable of knowing truths, and if someone is trying to invalidate it and the capability to reach it, it's a form of abuse.

Oppressive anthropocentric and prolife statements attacks the individual and tries to make one feels inferior while subliminally making humans more important than what they are.

Then the absurdity of thinking how humans are great while attacking the brain (which is the greatest tool, allowing humans to compute and understand, and sharing a core process with the universe).

All of these attacks and more are to suppress one's capabilities because this brain is capable of exposing lies, delusions, manipulation, and how it's possible for this brain to show how human supremacy is wrong.

The conclusion is that It's possible to know some things and it's possible to be confident about your knowledge. And you should know that when someone is trying to invalidate it, it's harmful and worsens one's mental health. You have the freedom of thinking and reaching as much as possible of finite truths.

rationaldeath

rationaldeath

Dec 10, 2021
Could you give another example of one of these harmful statements that you've seen? I think I agree with your points but I want to be sure I fully understand what you're referencing.

Reactions: Life sucks
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Could you give another example of one of these harmful statements that you've seen? I think I agree with your points but I want to be sure I fully understand what you're referencing.

The range is very wide that almost anything could be used as an example of harm.

I'll choose this example:

A: Scientist X said (insert any statement including anthropocentric ones.)

B: This contradicts what Scientist Y said and there are some faults here and there.

A: (Ignores then goes and repeats the same thing for others.)

A [another scenario]: You should be a scientist like them first and get this and this.

Here, A is actually doing reverse Ad Hominem against themselves while also doing Ad Hominem against B. Ignoring the impersonal objectivity of what B said and harming B.