SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
From general things like moon phases and other "instinctual" phenomena. I know some sound strange when they claim they feel different on a full moon or being in certain areas changes them. At the core we are still an "animal" so to speak and are connected to everyone and everything around us. We can observe and report on animal behavior and link it to the environmental factors or primal instinct... but I think us being "civilized" human beings is just something we try to be, most can adhere to and be a mindless slave.. but some have more of a primal instinct than others and are more sensitive to changes happening around us. I personally feel connected as hell. I feel like I generally know how people feel, think, or are going to act based on just overall feelings I get from that person. My "gut feeling" is pretty active and also pretty accurate at times. Most believe dogs can see what humans can't, or can tell if someone is a bad person on contact... so why is it so hard to think that we also cannot do this? Or are at least impacted by it.

Personally I love detaching myself from technology and people to enjoy the organisms and nature around me. It intrigues me to know that we essentially are all from cosmic dust, matter cannot be destroyed, matter is energy, so I like to think I can feel that energy throughout.

I feel like I'm leaving something out /: I can elaborate like hell in my head sometimes, and then essentially speak or write some shit that is confusing. Either way, I remember having a convo on this topic a while ago and he seemed intrigued.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsamadworld and Fragile
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'd like my epitaph to read "Loved by Dogs" LOL it's true, they love me, for all my failings with people, dogs seem to naturally gravitate towards me and I give them all the attention I can. Dogs can read our feelings and character better than we can reads theirs or each other's, mostly.

We are animals. Very complex, conflicted, intelligent, unwise, self destructive animals, but animals nonetheless. If aliens looked down on us, for all that we separate ourselves from the animal kingdom, they'd probably think all the great apes were closely related and may hardly be able to tell the difference.

And yes, we are simply stardust. A gradual continuum of complexity from hydrogen and helium to thinking, conscious life. The distinctions we make in terms of living and not living, sentient and non-sentient are to a certain extent arbitrary, based on our own need to anthropomorphize and label things in order to understand them. That doesn't mean that's actually the way things are.

And I'd always trust a dog's instincts. :love:

• Hugs
Reactions: SuiSqueeze92
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
I'd like my epitaph to read "Loved by Dogs" LOL it's true, they love me, for all my failings with people, dogs seem to naturally gravitate towards me and I give them all the attention I can. Dogs can read our feelings and character better than we can reads theirs or each other's, mostly.

We are animals. Very complex, conflicted, intelligent, unwise, self destructive animals, but animals nonetheless. If aliens looked down on us, for all that we separate ourselves from the animal kingdom, they'd probably think all the great apes were closely related and may hardly be able to tell the difference.

And yes, we are simply stardust. A gradual continuum of complexity from hydrogen and helium to thinking, conscious life. The distinctions we make in terms of living and not living, sentient and non-sentient are to a certain extent arbitrary, based on our own need to anthropomorphize and label things in order to understand them. That doesn't mean that's actually the way things are.

And I'd always trust a dog's instincts. :love:

I agree with you on all of that :) I think the line between humans and our surroundings is finer than most think.

And yeah my dog knows better than I do lol she's like a high tech security camera always watchinggggg :0 INTRUDERS BEWARE

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
See, nobody wants to talk about some interesting shit lol I'm done. I look up to people like Hawking and Tyson... but them sharing their views and nobody but the science community does nothing. We stay stagnant. I get it, most are too worried about themselves and what they have going on, but I try to always look forward to what can be, versus a what if... won't happen if you don't use your own damn mind though and go off of what YOU think. How do you think discoveries are made? Waste knowledge that some here think they have all the answers to? Why? Let's talk.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I would quite happily go back to using less technology.
The way I see it, once a species develops enough intelligence to manipulate their environment by the use of tools and technology (from a pointy stick to ai) they are an accelerated curve to environmental and societal collapse via population explosion, pollution, disease, famine, warfare etc. Technology can be used to ameliorate these things, but population pressure, competition for resources and the potato-hive-mind get in the way.
In the film Star Trek: Insurrection, IIRC the Federation were observing some less well developed society on one of their outposts. Their stealth was uncovered and when they talked to the people, they found that they had abandoned space flight and settled back into a less developed society because the technology brought them nothing but suffering.
We are so clever, but lack wisdom - just because you can do stuff, doesn't mean you should. Cultural evolution has outstripped biological evolution and we can't keep up. We are in the midst of the sixth great extinction period, The Holocene Extinction, and a time is coming where the catastrophe will slowly eclipse all the others we face even now.
And this is probably unavoidable and even necessary. It's an existential crisis that I suspect every technology using species in the universe must face at some time in order to develop wisdom. And the only way to develop that wisdom is through the meta-crisis that invariably develops them.

Is that interesting enough? :blarg: Just my meanderings, could be all bollox, what do I know?

Reactions: Poptart