• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
It seems most times when I post online asking for assistance I get anything but, or it's one out of 20 replies after the insults, dead links, incomplete responses from people who never show up again etc. Technical forums are especially bad. Most frustratingly I don't understand the majority mentality of people who choose to expend energy insulting, lecturing, telling you why your question is stupid or you are asking it wrong rather than just helping. In one sentence they could answer, but choose to go on for many paragraphs about how wrong you are for existing and acting as if the internet is just them and you somehow violated their personal space. To those people:

I DID search for it and the results I got were old, incomplete, deleted, or didn't work. I don't know everything and not everything can be figured out with a list of instructions as lists of instructions are notoriously unreliable, lead to more questions since they are often poorly done, and that's why experience matters. You didn't pop out the old birth canal with that experience so stop acting like anyone with less than you in a given topic is an idiot you idiot. I don't even know who you are and you are acting like I flipped through a catalog of people online and personally selected you to "annoy" with my plebeian inquiries. YOU CHOSE TO ENGAGE ME. Your unhelpful smugness hasn't solved anything, changed any behavior, made anyone smarter, all it's done is transfer your shit onto another person. But I suspect that's the point. People who take shit out on others are the worst of the worst, lacking in empathy and decency.

Lastly...people who write open letters to other people who will never see them are annoying. What twats. They should go do something productive like answer questions on technical forums.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Final Escape, Empty Smile, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 3 others
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Ok so I do not want to be that guy but...

You cannot write a post about people lacking in empathy and decency and follow it up with a sentence lacking in empathy and decency.

People who write open letters are still people and maybe those letters are productive, for them and/or their mental health. Leave people be

On topic: Yes, the inclination to be unhelpful seems to be everywhere. People engage all the time for what only seems to be to argue, rile up, or otherwise aggravate someone else. The internet brings out the worst in humanity or at least lets us see it.

Some people do get annoyed if you ask questions that can already be answered. Still, I will never figure out why they then need to spend the next 30 minutes berating someone because they asked for help.

I can only assume the slight is that you wasted their time because they chose to read it, and then you wasted their time because now they HAVE to tell you how wrong you are until perceived slight is corrected or they get bored thus wasting more of their time.

Reactions: Ruffian and Soul
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
That final sentence was me having a go at myself for writing the above. I guess I will be offended on behalf of myself for offending myself. #enoughofmyself #downwithmyself #lovemyself

Also people who say "I don't want to be that guy" LOVE being that guy. You are SO that guy. #thatguy
*guy used in a gender neutral context and is not representative of any patriarchal intention. Thoseguys span gender and race and creed. It might just be the key to world peace...uniting under the love of being "that guy".

But I still like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empty Smile
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Uh...that final sentence was me having a go at myself for writing the above. I guess I will be offended on behalf of myself for offending myself. #enoughofmyself #downwithmyself #lovemyself

I can always count on me to miss these things ;)

Reactions: oopswronglife
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Also people who say "I don't want to be that guy" LOVE being that guy. You are SO that guy. #thatguy
*guy used in a gender neutral context and is not representative of any patriarchal intention. Thoseguys span gender and race and creed. It might just be the key to world peace...uniting under the love of being "that guy".

But I still like you.

Ninja Edit - I wish i could like being "that guy" or any guy really if so I may not be here....oh well

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Are you sure g-minor is the right chord for this rant, noob? I kid, I feel the same way. The internet in many ways is just an outlet for people to show off their pseudo knowledge. It's kind of nice when you don't give much of a shit anymore and can let it all hang out on a place like SS. I actually like being able to freely admit I'm a dumbass who screwed up life royally every step of the way.

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I like when people do rants on here lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd, Ruffian and oopswronglife
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Ninja Edit

I actually like being able to freely admit I'm a dumbass who screwed up life royally every step of the way.

That's like a fly saying it screwed up the planet's orbit because if flapped it's wings "wrong" that one day trying to not get eaten. Life screws people up...not the other way around. Somebody should put that on a rock and sell it in a shop for a ridiculous amount of money. "Live, love, get screwed up life"

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape