K

kekcal24

Dec 28, 2020
Reincarnation. If this is a prison planet, No escape, not through time or space, not even through suicide, because you'll come back as another conscious, eating, breeding, dying, creature, the perfect hell. Consciousness forced forever to experience itself through countless identities, iterations, infinitely. And the real tragedy is 99.999% of consciousness will never realize the meaningless of the game, because realizing that belief doesn't amount to a successful species prone to reproduction.

We're already in hell. I can only hope that it ends forever when we die for the first time, and that the above paragraph is wrong.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Symbiote, Pharmaruined and 11 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Reincarnation. If this is a prison planet, No escape, not through time or space, not even through suicide, because you'll come back as another conscious, eating, breeding, dying, creature, the perfect hell. Consciousness forced forever to experience itself through countless identities, iterations, infinitely. And the real tragedy is 99.999% of consciousness will never realize the meaningless of the game, because realizing that belief doesn't amount to a successful species prone to reproduction.

We're already in hell. I can only hope that it ends forever when we die for the first time, and that the above paragraph is wrong.
The whole idea of Buddhism is to escape this hell once and for all. And that involved rejecting every single thing here. Give it all up. Know that when you die it's all gone, whatever you liked, cling to, enjoy, hate, all of it, let it all go. It's not that easy.

• Love
Reactions: deadspirit, demuic, profoundexperience and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to believe in reincarnation and I've heard the fact that we're humans is a lots of progress! If that's true, IT SUCKS BEING A HUMAN IN THIS WORLD!!!

Fortunately, I don't believe in it anymore. I might believe we're in a simulation, though.

Anyway, in the end, I think when we die is just like before the time before we were born: we simply don't exist.

• Love
Reactions: Gnip, deadspirit, adam&eve and 2 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Freaky, I had this thought about an hour ago and definitely bothered me. Will I be cycled back into a worse life without even a rest. And it does all seem like a long cruel punishment. How hard is it to get out of this mental cage

Reactions: Meditation guide, adam&eve and profoundexperience
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019

The hope is that you'd be reincarnated into an NPC that is blissfully content with leading a mediocre life

ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020

I'm curious, why do you believe this will happen? If we are constructs of our brain and our current life experiences, once your brain has ceased to function there is no possible way you would continue. There is no proof of reincarnation as well, it doesn't match with the science we know and wouldn't make sense. There is no way to know for sure but even if you somehow were reborn you wouldn't remember your previous life or experiences, all you would know was your current existence. I think after dwelling on this a long time that our end is really that, an absolute end.

• Love
Reactions: Escape Artist, Good4Nothing, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Here's a thought: The only way out of the cycle of reincarnation is to commit suicide.

I mean how else could one more emphatically and unambiguously "communicate" they were done/finished
with this pointless, the-one-and-only-origin-of-all-suffering, chaotic "amusement-park ride" called life(s)/existence(s)?

It really could work like that. What I'm saying is no more outlandish than the orthodox reincarnation theories... based on "karma": I mean what could be stronger karma than the absolute rejection of — giving a middle finger to — physical existence by killing oneself?

Personally, I think reincarnation, like heaven & hell, is just a human invention... We're trying to project an ideal of "universal justice" onto a system that has nothing of the sort (and never did).

But, if reincarnation does exist... Killing myself is the only ostensible "loophole" I can see in that "system".

At least that's what I personally believe-in...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Deleted member 22624, Wrennie and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
There is reincarnation. It's horrible but true. Be prepared when you die. Let go of all. Any love for anyone or any animal. Let go of anything you enjoy. Let go of any place you are attached to. Forget family, friends, pets, all of it. Practice it. It's not easy. Food you enjoy, drugs you enjoy, even hate or dislikes, let go of that too.

These are all attachments. They pull you back into this hell. Be prepared that when you die you are not attached any more to anything. It's not easy to do but is the only way out.

Reactions: profoundexperience
Them

Them

Dec 24, 2020
There is reincarnation. It's horrible but true.
Im sorry, why is it true? You know that just typing "it's true" and then describing some bizzare chain of actions you need to take in order to achieve your only way out doesn't make it true, right?

Actually thing you're describing can be called "the disintegration of personality" and is easily achieved through dementia, late stage of schizophrenia, etc

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Symbiote, Deleted member 22624 and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That all does suck but if it's true then at least hopefully next time I reincarnate I'll be able to have the chance to do some breeding instead of being born in a useless existence that can't.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Here's a thought: The only way out of the cycle of reincarnation is to commit suicide.

If the form of reincarnation espoused by the eastern religions is true then it's not that easy to escape the cycle. Most people commit suicide to escape immediate pain without any consideration of the long view. Their actions are hardly a philosophically oriented protest about the nature of life on earth.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
OMG, that's amazing, @Them... Talk about terrifying (yet true)!! Where is it from?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Escape Artist, Good4Nothing, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
A

Arnar

Mar 2, 2020

If 99.999% of consciousness were to realize the meaningless of the game, that would clearly be a much greater tragedy, no? Because that will lead to more suffering.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Let go of all. Any love for anyone or any animal. Let go of anything you enjoy. Let go of any place you are attached to. Forget family, friends, pets, all of it. ... Food you enjoy, drugs you enjoy, even hate or dislikes, let go of that too. These are all attachments. They pull you back into this hell.
it's not that easy to escape the cycle. Most people commit suicide to escape immediate pain without any consideration of the long view. Their actions are hardly a philosophically oriented protest about the nature of life on earth.
I can't think of any more definitive, absolute way to "let go of everything" than committing suicide. (reasons and motivations notwithstanding)

It seems to me the "default" that most people follow is to "fight fight fight"... and to "hold-on for dear life" until — finally — their biology fails. That, surely is "holding on" [to karma, etc.].

Must we first achieve perfect mental discipline and equanimity to be free of our karma? OR, is it possible to do it through a mere, physical "act of will"? An act that overtly says "enough is enough". If it is all maya/illusion/a dream anyway... perhaps it is "bad karma" to "hold on" to even the idea of enlightenment?

May the Buddha strike me down if I'm wrong!

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Deleted member 22624
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
You come back because you are attached to things here. Love of family or country or home or food or drugs or nature or whatever. You get bored on the other side. You miss this place.

• Love
Reactions: Pharmaruined, Deleted member 22624 and profoundexperience
A

Arnar

Mar 2, 2020
I can't think of any more definitive, absolute way to "let go of everything" than committing suicide. (reasons and motivations notwithstanding)

It seems to me the "default" that most people follow is to "fight fight fight"... and to "hold-on for dear life" until — finally — their biology fails. That, surely is "holding on" [to karma, etc.].

Must we first achieve perfect mental discipline and equanimity to be free of our karma? OR, is it possible to do it through a mere, physical "act of will"? An act that overtly says "enough is enough". If it is all maya/illusion/a dream anyway... perhaps it is "bad karma" to "hold on" to even the idea of enlightenment?

May the Buddha strike me down if I'm wrong!
Honestly don't think that Buddha would condone suicide, he would want all conscious creatures to experience pure bliss, and to have no reason to kill themselves :P

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and profoundexperience
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
If 99.999% of consciousness were to realize the meaningless of the game, that would clearly be a much greater tragedy, no? Because that will lead to more suffering.
How so? Would that realization not instead lead to the end of suffering??
Love of ... whatever. You get bored on the other side. You miss this place [things, experiences] ...
Yes, you could be right about that.

I think that the one thing I want to remember is that it's all just not "worth it". Of anything, that's the "statement" I intend to make (especially to myself) in my impending killing of myself.
Honestly don't think that Buddha would condone suicide, he would want all conscious creatures to experience pure bliss, and to have no reason to kill themselves :P
The Buddha, as great as he was (and he was very great indeed)... nonetheless was unable to eliminate suffering (in fact no spiritual master has).

So the game became I need to practice mental control... and if I do that hard enough and long enough... there are profound mental states/experiences that can be achieved.

I have no doubt such states exist, but honestly I'm just not that interested. Why? It seems to me that any "experience that can be experienced" HAS to be impermanent.

"Vast emptiness and NOTHING holy." I want to be that nothing!

Last edited:
A

Arnar

Mar 2, 2020
How so? Would that realization not instead lead to the end of suffering??

Yes, you could be right about that.

I think that the one thing I want to remember is that it's all just not "worth it". Of anything, that's the "statement" I intend to make (especially to myself) in my impending killing of myself.

The Buddha, as great as he was (and he was very great indeed)... nonetheless was unable to eliminate suffering (in fact no spiritual master has).

So the game became I need to practice mental control... and if I do that hard enough and long enough... there are profound mental states/experiences that can be achieved.

I have no doubt such states exist.

"Vast emptiness and NOTHING holy."
Because nihilism and a feeling of meaninglessness is known to lead to psychological suffering, on what planet do these things end suffering? How do you reach that conclusion? Genuinely curious

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Because nihilism and a feeling of meaninglessness is known to lead to psychological suffering
I completely agree.
on what planet do these things end suffering? How do you reach that conclusion?
Where did I say that "nihilism and a feeling of meaninglessness" end suffering? I agree with you = they don't.
Nor can believing in a delusion (aka believing in "the game") end suffering, in my humble opinion.

The only way to unconditionally "end suffering" is complete and permanent nonexistence for all beings. In nonexistence, there are no such things as "the game", or nihilism, or meaninglessness... (or enlightenment and reincarnation for that matter)...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing and Deleted member 22624
deadspirit

deadspirit

Jan 9, 2021
I dunno if I believe reincarnation, but it would be cool to be reborn into a life that at least felt like it had meaning. What terrifies me is being reborn into a place/time/body that's meant to endure even more suffering than I'm in rn. Like if I was reborn into a country in a civil war or famine

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Please just ignore me. A fractal recurrence sounds like the worst thing if it were true? OMG! I hope not?

pen

pen

it's A non Getting Down socializing situation
Dec 25, 2020
What's the purpose of being born again, again and again, just so we can get SN, pentobarbital and RC opiods/opiates and be out of here in a blink of an eye?, maybe centuries or thousands of years ago, it could be argued against the gruesome of the death act, but now it's easy as it never been before.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
A fractal recurrence sounds like the worst thing if it were true?
AND, on top of that, there are at least 4, different types of theoretical multiverses where identical "copies" of us are having this exact conversation right now.

Which means to me that it really doesn't matter at all if I put an end to "this" "copy".

Reactions: Meditation guide
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
I dunno if I believe reincarnation, but it would be cool to be reborn into a life that at least felt like it had meaning. What terrifies me is being reborn into a place/time/body that's meant to endure even more suffering than I'm in rn. Like if I was reborn into a country in a civil war or famine
Take a look around, chances are you won't know what being free is, or what a life is like without some master controlling every inch of you, that's what you're risking in coming back.. and just look at all the suffering..

I doubt you'll be born into a charmed life with perfect parents, schools, health etc.. there's so many chances for things to go wrong and being reliant on many many others in the beginning stages Is a risk not worth taking.
This is a hideous game

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide, deadspirit and profoundexperience
pen

pen

Dec 25, 2020
Wouldn't to be nice to be born in another universe, where's in no suffering would amount to anything, but the degradation of the your own, like in the most egalitarian Countries in the earth.

Reactions: profoundexperience and Deleted member 22624
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
If death is anything like anesthesia then rest assured there's absolutely nothing after.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, deadspirit and profoundexperience
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
AND, on top of that, there are at least 4, different types of theoretical multiverses where identical "copies" of us are having this exact conversation right now.

Which means to me that it really doesn't matter at all if I put an end to "this" "copy".

Oh shoot that is bad! Hahah!

I know I am crazy and all, but I made that up just calling it a fractal recurrence like some sort of hypothesis or something and used it for describing what I thought I saw once a few years ago.. after having experienced a long episode of rather severe psychosis lasting about three months.

I came to the conclusion that such knowledge if it were accessible and understandable would be largely detrimental.

If true it begs asking why? I am convinced a human brain and mind can not begin to comprehend such absurdity, seemingly?

• Love
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I always like to think that there's a parallel universe where the person that represents me is having the exact opposite life. So I'm depressed all the time and abused, while he is happy and having a great life. I die sad and alone, while he dies surrounded by friends and family. Sometimes I'll have dreams where I get to see the life he's living and I love it, but sadly, he experiences nightmares all the time because my life is shit. Interesting to think about.

pen

pen

Dec 25, 2020
I always like to think that there's a parallel universe where the person that represents me is having the exact opposite life. So I'm depressed all the time and abused, while he is happy and having a great life. I die sad and alone, while he dies surrounded by friends and family. Sometimes I'll have dreams where I get to see the life he's living and I love it, but sadly, he experiences nightmares all the time because my life is shit. Interesting to think about.
Listen , when you say that you're having dreams of the same kind, it's probably because you're getting bored of doing the same thing.