Iamcharlie

Iamcharlie

What's after death?
Jul 24, 2020
It feels like there's no other choice.
Why suffer and live to work?
Life costs so much and I'm not even having a good time.
But I'm terrified of existing after death,
The thing is I want to no longer be able to think or even be an essence I want to be completely sucked out of the world and cease to exist. I dont want my left over energy to be available.
Does anyone get what I mean?
Does anyone here feel the same way?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Odd_Duck, AprilsBlessings, Marctic and 9 others
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
The thing is I want to no longer be able to think or even be an essence I want to be completely sucked out of the world and cease to exist. I dont want my left over energy to be available.
I absolutely understand. I feel like it would be best if I could just be basically erased. I don't want to exist. I have no idea about afterlife or whatever but I just want to be gone. No more guilt, pain, just nothing.

Reactions: Iamcharlie and Tereon
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
The good news is that, although nobody REALLY knows, the 'eternal nothingness' theory is becoming increasingly credible, and is probably the most plausible idea about what happens after death.

A plurality of evidence suggests that you cannot have experience without a functioning brain, without neurons firing in a highly specific manner. Most likely, you will be just as you were before you were born - nothing.

Reactions: Odd_Duck, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, suffering and 3 others
Visperidia

Visperidia

Jul 30, 2020
I understand that feeling, but also a lot of the time I yearn to be some other form in this universe. I don't just want my consciousness to disappear and sometimes I feel like death is the only possible way to achieve this, if it can be achieved.

Reactions: Iamcharlie
Iamcharlie

Iamcharlie

What's after death?
Jul 24, 2020
The good news is that, although nobody REALLY knows, the 'eternal nothingness' theory is becoming increasingly credible, and is probably the most plausible idea about what happens after death.

A plurality of evidence suggests that you cannot have experience without a functioning brain, without neurons firing in a highly specific manner. Most likely, you will be just as you were before you were born - nothing.
This trips me out, sometimes I think about after dying being the same as before you were born -nothing- but what if your born again? What if the human soul can only be recreated as human? I don't want to live through a childhood all over again. Having to learn everything I've learned all over, all of the same experiences happening just at different times Fu*k that.
This makes me think of the saying "your an old soul"

But what if you aren't created as human? What if you end up being a cat, a horse, a frog? maybe even a bug? Maybe being recreated into something like that would be worse. Maybe hell is real, maybe heaven is real, what then? do you spend "eternity" through that? What if you become a ghost and can never leave this realm, and can never be heard? These possibilities are the only thing that stops me from CTB.
And in the end If wont even remember this life and the experiences I've been through what the fuck is the point? What is existence? Why do we die? Why do we live?
WHAT THE F**K IS THE POINT.
MAYBE WE GET RECREATED AND PUT IN THE "PAST" AND THE "FUTURE" IS FOREVER CHANGING?
WHAT IF SOMEDAY I'M MY OWN GRANDMOTHER OR GRANDCHILD?

WHAT IF I'M THE ONLY REAL PERSON IN THIS WORLD AND EVERYONE I KNOW IS A SIMULATION
AND I'M BEING TESTED?

Sorry to clog up your mind with this if any of you are actually real.

(NOTE): I am not religious or anything but I'm open to ideas of others

• Wow
Reactions: Superdeterminist and InevitablePattern91
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
This trips me out, sometimes I think about after dying being the same as before you were born -nothing- but what if your born again? What if the human soul can only be recreated as human? I don't want to live through a childhood all over again. Having to learn everything I've learned all over, all of the same experiences happening just at different times Fu*k that.
This makes me think of the saying "your an old soul"

But what if you aren't created as human? What if you end up being a cat, a horse, a frog? maybe even a bug? Maybe being recreated into something like that would be worse. Maybe hell is real, maybe heaven is real, what then? do you spend "eternity" through that? What if you become a ghost and can never leave this realm, and can never be heard? These possibilities are the only thing that stops me from CTB.
And in the end If wont even remember this life and the experiences I've been through what the fuck is the point? What is existence? Why do we die? Why do we live?
WHAT THE F**K IS THE POINT.
MAYBE WE GET RECREATED AND PUT IN THE "PAST" AND THE "FUTURE" IS FOREVER CHANGING?
WHAT IF SOMEDAY I'M MY OWN GRANDMOTHER OR GRANDCHILD?

WHAT IF I'M THE ONLY REAL PERSON IN THIS WORLD AND EVERYONE I KNOW IS A SIMULATION
AND I'M BEING TESTED?

Sorry to clog up your mind with this if any of you are actually real.

(NOTE): I am not religious or anything but I'm open to ideas of others
I think that it probably is possible to be born as a non-human animal, because I think (but I don't KNOW) there are other mammals with a sense of self.

This is a scary thought because for example, one may be born as a cow raised on a farm for slaughter. This is strong motivation to move away from the cruelty that we inflict on other animals.

As for reincarnation, yes I think it's probably true, but it's not REincarnation because it's not YOU being born again, it's just another organism with awareness and selfhood, and you may be the experiencer again.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, yetme and Iamcharlie
Visperidia

Visperidia

Jul 30, 2020
I think that it probably is possible to be born as a non-human animal, because I think (but I don't KNOW) there are other mammals with a sense of self.

This is a scary thought because for example, one may be born as a cow raised on a farm for slaughter. This is strong motivation to move away from the cruelty that we inflict on other animals.

As for reincarnation, yes I think it's probably true, but it's not REincarnation because it's not YOU being born again, it's just another organism with awareness and selfhood, and you may be the experiencer again.
Yes you're right about the animals. Dolphins, elephants, some whales and primates like bonobos most definitely have a conciousness. Dolphins especially have been found to be very concious. Other than bonobos and us, dolphins are the only other creatures that mate for pleasure not breeding purposes. They can solve intricate puzzles and have saved or raped many HUMANS stranded at sea. Dolphins are super rapey.

Reactions: yetme, Iamcharlie and Superdeterminist