battlaxx

battlaxx

Mar 25, 2023
my autism, trauma caused by abuse and rape, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder are NOT temporary, they are going to stick with me for life unless I decide to kill myself. why cant pro-lifers understand that some issues that suicidal people face simply can't be cured?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: myusername890, Mauve87, Letmedienow and 25 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those pro-life people are just so incredibly delusional and lack any compassion, it sounds really horrible what you've had to endure, existence is just too cruel.

Reactions: myusername890, sserafim, Letmedienow and 7 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
my autism, trauma caused by abuse and rape, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder are NOT temporary, they are going to stick with me for life unless I decide to kill myself. why cant pro-lifers understand that some issues that suicidal people face simply can't be cured?
Sadly, because they are the slaves of those who want to make profit of people like you, me and many more...

Reactions: sserafim, Letmedienow, Homo erectus and 2 others
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
There is no cure for such ailments, just treatments, treatments which a person may even be resistant to.

Hence people should have the opportunity to end their suffering if they do not wish to go on.

No decent person is saying that they can't, just that they shouldn't have to go on.

Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, ClaudeCTTE and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through that. It's so awful how pro-lifers cause so much more suffering and pain.

Reactions: Homo erectus, antilife and ChronicallyCynical
G

ghostkid

i feel nothing but everything
Sep 14, 2023
I don't think pro lifers actually understand or even think about it really. Maybe they just think "oh, so you are depressed? Take some meds, go outside and have fun" or stuff like "time heals all wounds"... that's obviously not true for every situation but they might just not get that since they don't experience it like that.
And sure, some problems that make people suicidal might really be temporary but to generalize that is so stupid! (And i personally think that people should choose their own solution, temporary or not)

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, Letmedienow and 2 others
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Because they don't understand. They think our brains are like there's where your sad for say 10 minutes then it passes. It is an annoying and stupid quote. They've got no right to judge. Bollocks to them all. They should try years of mental torture before judging us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mauve87, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Pro-life people have not realized that they have a permanent disease:
Hypocrisy

Being told "life is beautiful", "smile", "make your dreams come true" is almost like being told that they have a better life than you.

Many people supposedly care about CTB, but they don't even lift a finger.
And there you have the evidence, thousands and thousands of cases of CTB.

They just want to distract you from your thoughts to keep you in this hell.

I remember when I was in college, I had a classmate who always posted on Facebook about CTB prevention and she was always supposedly worried about people with depression, saying CTB won't solve your problems.

And you know, I've had depression and thoughts of CTB.
And do you know what she did with me?
Basically, nothing.
She regarded herself as an "inclusive" person and openly supported the LGBTQ+ community.
But she never noticed my depression and loneliness. And she didn't even say anything when I dropped out of college.
And there are thousands of cases and unfortunately those people are the ones who add fuel to the fire that keeps this hell alive...

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, conarc, sserafim and 5 others
G

GeriatricGoblin

Sep 14, 2023
I guess they want to make you feel hopeful. But of course it comes across as totally ignorant and phony to ppl like us.

I think it's might be possible to learn to cope and heal in a way where you can have a relatively fulfilled and peaceful life even for someone with such horrible issues as you. But I still think it's your choice which path you wanna choose. And ignorant advice and phony, forced positivity doesn't help of course. People are so stupid, and scared and hypocritical...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, Praestat_Mori, Homo erectus and 1 other person
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
My degenerative neurological disease is not temporary. Major treatment resistant depression isn't either.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: conarc, Praestat_Mori and ChronicallyCynical
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Literally. I don't fit into this world and it's not just a "temporary problem", it's a life-long problem. My adhd and other neurodivergences are not temporary, they are chronic conditions which make it hard to function and live in society. For me the problem is having to exist in a world that was not meant or built for people like me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ChronicallyCynical
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
Pro-life people have not realized that they have a permanent disease:
Hypocrisy

Being told "life is beautiful", "smile", "make your dreams come true" is almost like being told that they have a better life than you.

Many people supposedly care about CTB, but they don't even lift a finger.
And there you have the evidence, thousands and thousands of cases of CTB.

They just want to distract you from your thoughts to keep you in this hell.

I remember when I was in college, I had a classmate who always posted on Facebook about CTB prevention and she was always supposedly worried about people with depression, saying CTB won't solve your problems.

And you know, I've had depression and thoughts of CTB.
And do you know what she did with me?
Basically, nothing.
She regarded herself as an "inclusive" person and openly supported the LGBTQ+ community.
But she never noticed my depression and loneliness. And she didn't even say anything when I dropped out of college.
And there are thousands of cases and unfortunately those people are the ones who add fuel to the fire that keeps this hell alive...
Oh, your example reminds me of this frustrating experience of mine from years back with a former classmate of mine - at the time a current one - to whom I explained that I'm not sure if I can be friends with them and their friends because the people who they associate with have harassed me and laughed at my expense, but all they could say - despite being the passive on-lookers was: "well, I didn't harrass you". That still doesn't mean, especially given you gave me no reason to trust you, especially given whom you associate with, that I owe you my friendship. And you know what the really rich part was? I accept their friend request and since then they have NEVER tried to communicate with me. They had every chance. In fact, I have tried striking up a conversation. Why do people insist on merely filling up their friends list with meaningless contacts as if it were a popularity contest?

Sorry for going off-topic, but your comment reminded me of this, so I felt like getting it off my chest.

Anyway, sorry that happened to you. That person clearly had no frickin' clue what they were talking about. Clout and popularity chasers act so righteous but do nothing but shame and ignore people who could use the support and validation annoys me to no end. And they often happen to be pro-lifers. It's really fucking sad that people supposedly so obsessed with life don't give a shit about the quality of other people's lives. They're just talk. Their only real obsession is controlling other people's lives to fit their standards and to give them what they want/need.

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, Praestat_Mori and ClaudeCTTE
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I don't care if I didn't even have any problems ( which of course is impossible in this hell called life) .

I don't care if i didn't even have any problems . I want to ctb problems or not no one has the right to tell me I can't . I don't have to justify it or give reasons to anyone . I want to that's it. it's no body else's business if want to kill myself or not. it won't affect anyone anyway. but they made assisted suicide illegal and nembutal also a crime to keep me a slave in their prison.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, GreenTree and 3 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Indeed. I can't changed my fucked up body and the social ozterisation that comes with it and I definitely DON'T want to pass on these cursed genetics.

• Hugs
Reactions: conarc, Praestat_Mori and ChronicallyCynical
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
seriously, two of my top reasons are the fact that I'm never going to have a job that pays me a living wage and my BPD which isn't curable. if anyone really thinks my problems are temporary, they're more than welcome to give me a few million dollars to afford to be alive and also create a cure for BPD 🤷‍♀️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and ChronicallyCynical
S

Sauna

Sep 14, 2023
It's something they will never understand. Because they are not in the "spot". The problems they have faced have been in fact temporary or something to actually manage in the long run. Only somebody who knows that things are NOT (most fucking likely) getting better to a bearable line understands it. Every person has a breaking point. Most people never get to that and they die naturally or from accident. I think suicide is the most painful way to die because that person has died fighting so hard that it literally broke their will to live. It's kinda absurd and fucked in my point of view. Never thought I would personally get to this point but here we are. Still trying to get on terms with it but I would say month is the most I will be here anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: antilife, foreverfalling and Mauve87