existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, TheEndisNear121200, Delia and 5 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
If you live with other people and you don't wanna get found out too soon or if you don't want your loved ones to find you in your dead state.
If you live alone and want your body to get discovered quickly then it probably won't until the stink starts coming out of the house or if your family/friends start worrying and looking for you.

might not be a deal breaker to you tho, I'll personally probably do it at my house cause it's comfortable

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, Arvinneedstodie, ecmnesia and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Your loved ones finding you?

This and the police investigating your death. I'm scared of one of my family members going to jail because of me so I might CTB in a hotel and leave videos and notes explaining it was me who killed myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheEndisNear121200, Arvinneedstodie, ecmnesia and 3 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
This, pretty much. Also, a suicide might affect the price of the property.
Does it really? I heard mixed views on that but I'm curious

Reactions: botanormal and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yeah I read that too, but is it just in the US or in Europe too?
I don't know but I think many people would rather not buy a property where something like that happened.

Reactions: Nymph and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Personally, it's most likely what I'm going to do. If you don't have any other options, or you feel more comfortable at home, it's probably the best place. There might be concern, like others said above, with people close to you finding your body. If you care a lot about that, it's something you should consider. Of course, your body will be found by someone either way, so it depends on what you care about personally. Even though I don't want to hurt my loved ones, I know my death will hurt them regardless, and so I want to be at home where I feel safe and comfortable, even if I know it will be incredibly painful to see my body. But that's just me! Ultimately, it comes down to your own preferences. Good luck :hug:

Reactions: Gnip, NegativeSymptoms, timetofly and 1 other person
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Cleanup is usually no big deal in many first world countries, but property value, like someone said, is.
If the residence your living in is ever planned to be sold, that could really effect the price or if anyone buys it at all.

Reactions: Trannydiary, botanormal and sadworld
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
This and the police investigating your death. I'm scared of one of my family members going to jail because of me so I might CTB in a hotel and leave videos and notes explaining it was me who killed myself.
I'll just lock the door from inside and do it when noone is home, so it'll be self explainatory

Reactions: Trannydiary, WornOutLife, botanormal and 1 other person
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
I want to be at home where I feel safe and comfortable
I'm still torn between this and a hotel, where I won't feel comfortable & safe at all, but...
It's either me first (death where I feel at peace), or my relatives finding my dead body. Why is everything so hard? :ehh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
The person who lived in my house before my parents got it died here, pretty soon before they bought it, and it didn't effect property value at all according to my mother. They didn't kill themselves so it's a little different, but just going off of what the article said as it included non-suicide deaths as a reason for price drop too. It was over 18 years ago now, so maybe it's changed since then? Just wondering, thanks for sharing this!

Reactions: sadworld and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm still torn between this and a hotel, where I won't feel comfortable & safe at all, but...
It's either me first (death where I feel at peace), or my relatives finding my dead body. Why is everything so hard? :ehh:
If the relatives you live with is your parent/parents you could think of it this way-
That your parents made you for their own selfish reasons but you didn't want to live. So you can be "selfish" for the one last time and ctb at home.

At least that's how I think about it to make myself feel less bad cause I do still blame my parents for making be live, I wish I was never born so I'm gonna be a petty bitch and ctb at home-got them:pfff:;-;

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Death is beautiful, Trannydiary, spooky and 3 others
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
That your parents made you for their own selfish reasons
that's a 100% fact in my case, yes. To use and abuse.

The sad part is I'm living with my older sister and she is the only person who tried as much as she could to help me.
I'll feel like a total piece of shit doing it at home... :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, botanormal and Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, botanormal and timetofly
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'll just lock the door from inside and do it when noone is home, so it'll be self explainatory

Good idea. I might do it too although the police may start an investigation anyway. I just want to disturb my loved ones as less as possible. If It sucks being an alive burden, imagine being a DEAD burden? lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, botanormal and Marauder
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
In my case, I live alone in my own home in the US.

Full disclosure varies by state, so check out state laws.

Also, look up Hippa laws around cause of death. These can be sealed I believe (I read that somewhere, but cannot find the link), so please don't quote me on it - better to research it.

<3

On Edit: I just looked this up again, and I am not sure that cause of death is protected by Hippa laws.

Last edited:
Reactions: W’ren and sadworld
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I don't think it is. I intend to die in my home; it's just easier and more comfortable that way

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, Gsz1982 and KleinerWolf
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
Does it really? I heard mixed views on that but I'm curious
It depends on the country/state iirc. I think the duration of time for which you have to disclose it varies by state in the US, but don't quote me on that. My parents killed themselves and when my sister and I sold their home we only had to disclose it for the first 3 years after iirc, but we couldn't sell it for shit in the meantime lol

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and W’ren
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah I read that too, but is it just in the US or in Europe too?
I believe there is also a limitation on any murders, suicides, violent events occurring within the home/property. Something like the realtor/owner is responsible to divulge anything within the previous 5 years. If not, then the sale can be contested and possibly other repercussions? It's definitely worth looking into. Quite interesting.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
depreciation of the property,
sentimental for the family.

(applicable in some cases)

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming
T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
Wait, there's a possibility suicide will be treated as murder ???
Shit that makes everything worse, I don't want my brother to go to jail if he finds me !!!
The whole thread tbh adds to my anxiety. Now I'm having a panic attack fuck.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TattiQueen and KleinerWolf
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Wait, there's a possibility suicide will be treated as murder ???
Shit that makes everything worse, I don't want my brother to go to jail if he finds me !!!
The whole thread tbh adds to my anxiety. Now I'm having a panic attack fuck.

First, please take a deep breath slowly, and count to ten. I hope that helps a bit. I think they mean that if it isnt a method that's quite obviously self inflicted. If you're to leave a note behind, I'm sure that actually helps a lot. But keep in mind coroners can tell a lot by a persons manner of death. For example, they can tell whether the wound is inflicted with right or left hands, which direction, weapons used, gunpowder on hands, and a plethora of other things ! Also, blood spatter analysis provides an enormous help in situations such as these, when it applies. I really hope this helps you understand a little better and definitely relieve some of that anxiety, if not all.

Reactions: TheEndisNear121200
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
First, please take a deep breath slowly, and count to ten. I hope that helps a bit. I think they mean that if it isnt a method that's quite obviously self inflicted. If you're to leave a note behind, I'm sure that actually helps a lot. But keep in mind coroners can tell a lot by a persons manner of death. For example, they can tell whether the wound is inflicted with right or left hands, which direction, weapons used, gunpowder on hands, and a plethora of other things ! Also, blood spatter analysis provides an enormous help in situations such as these, when it applies. I really hope this helps you understand a little better and definitely relieve some of that anxiety, if not all.

are you sure?
based on my understanding, they can't even conclude the difference between asphyxiation hanging vs erotic hanging. lol

but I suppose they would put more forensic investigations into other types of suicide..

T

TheEndisNear121200

Student
Oct 10, 2020
Thank you for your response. My method is hanging, and I have to do it at home, as I don't have any other options.
Not only will my loved ones have to find me, and be traumatized for life as well as finding it impossible to sell the property, now they can also go to jail !! The whole thing is just too stressful to think about.
I gave up on the idea of writing a note but now it seems like a must

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Trannydiary, Xocoyotziin and KleinerWolf