A

Already Gone now

Oct 15, 2022
Okay I just want to start out by saying that I know how ridiculous this post is going to sound, but I have to put my history out for a bit for context. I've been added to taking diphenhydramine in whatever form for years upon years. And I recently stopped cold turkey, and I'm wondering if I relapsed just slightly like half of my normal dosage. I've been trying so hard to get my shit right. And abusing Benadryl was just like a given thing that I used to do. But days ago I really reached a quitting point. But I'm craving it right now and my mental health not so good and I just want advice. I have no family or peers friends to speak of besides one or two people..... bottom line is how would you maybe handle this?

• Hugs
Reactions: guayabas and not-2-b-the-answer
guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
my first google search says not to quit cold turkey:

Diphenhydramine withdrawal is intense. You should never stop taking it cold turkey once you have developed a dependence on the drug. Like benzodiazepines and prescription opioids, the user must be slowly weaned off of the drug by consistently reducing the dose he or she takes each day. There are even "Benadryl detox programs" to help people ween off of excessive diphenhydramine use.

Diphenhydramine withdrawal symptoms include:
  • Constant restlessness
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Nausea
  • Diarrhea
  • Cold or hot sweats
  • Cold symptoms

A

Already Gone now

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks, I've been reading up on it and I think I should lower dose myself. I've been sleeping alot and major headaches I've been sublimating with tea lemonade beer drinks, Mike's hard. And I don't want to get back into drinking but I've hit a spot where I'm just on fuck it mode.😑
Does anyone get that. What am I recovering for?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: guayabas