B

Boardwalk

Oct 12, 2023
I've talked to about 5 people in my life about being depressed and wanting to die and literally all of them have responded the same way. They either tell me to talk to someone else like a doctor or family or they just refuse to talk to me. They all left me after too. I finally talked to my best friend after years about the problems I had with him and he refuses to talk to me again about this kinda thing. Literally all I want is someone to talk to when I'm having a panic attack that's not gonna just immediately abandon me. But that's too much to ask for I guess. Has anyone else had people react the same way?

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
People certainly see us as a liability and a burden, which is why I strongly believe it is best not to mention it to people.

There's really not much anyone can do anyway so I don't see how it can do any good.

Reactions: Boardwalk
B

Boardwalk

Oct 12, 2023
People certainly see us as a liability and a burden, which is why I strongly believe it is best not to mention it to people.

There's really not much anyone can do anyway so I don't see how it can do any good.
Yeah. At the time I wasn't entirely suicidal but after telling people about being depressed it's almost comical how they immediately abandon you and act like it's supposed to make you feel better. The biggest regret I'll have is not knowing how they responded. Like I fucking asked them numerous times and they still act the same.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's the irony of it really. Those same people will likely be the ones telling everyone they should reach out and talk to someone!

Most of the people I have told are those I have strongly suspected to feel the same way. That's why this place feels so valuable though. We can vent here without people freaking out, giving us platitudes or abandoning us. I'm sorry your friends have been so unsupportive.

Reactions: Boardwalk