Dark Spring

Dark Spring

Sobreviviendo
Sep 29, 2020
My psychiatrist says that I need to stop being a depressive person and that increasing my medication will help, but I don't really feel that he cares about me. He never asked me if I wanted to end my life, and whenever I start to tell him how I feel he says to talk to the psychologist about it, not to him. I feel like nobody really cares how I am. Not to mention that he made me wait three months to see me

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rn110bg101, GoodPersonEffed, Stick and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
If I think about my time in therapy I want to kill myself immediately. Sorry I know that doesn't help you. I never had an outlet like this one sadly

• Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Meditation guide, Stick and 5 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
It sucks. I had to wait many weeks too to see my therapist but I knew it wouldn't help. Words don't work for me. If someone tells me "Stop being depressive" I wouldn't start to be happy again and love life. They don't undestand. I find that very unprofessional. It makes me want to ctb too because I spent money and wasted my time in something that I knew it wasn't going to work. Pointless.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Stick, roju and 4 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Therapy helps in the sense that I get to complain and feel heard, but it doesn't change reality.

• Hugs
Reactions: ronigail9, Rn110bg101, Stick and 4 others
TreizKhushranata

TreizKhushranata

The cup of life has been poisoned forever.
Sep 26, 2020
Psychiatrists give pills. They aren't therapists.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Dark Spring
Pineapplecrown

Pineapplecrown

Pine
Oct 21, 2018
I feel like it's pointless if they don't actually understand the problems experienced ..
I went to counciling after a miscarriage. It was suppose to be counciling for becoming a mum and processing everything n preparing for that as I was going to be a single parent. After the baby died I went obviously for the grief..
But the woman could not relate.
I only went twice after that

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Stick, Dark Spring and 2 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if your own professional is making you want to ctb, drop them! Find someone else in between, but please do not ctb because someone is acting like a jerk. Dile de ir a joderse :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: UpandDownPrincess, GoodPersonEffed, Stick and 2 others
Dark Spring

Dark Spring

Sobreviviendo
Sep 29, 2020
Thank you for your words, I really want to change my psychiatrist, I'm not convinced that he can help me. However, my psychologist makes me feel more comfortable but I never mentioned to her that I have been thinking for years that CTB is a possibility for me and I haven't done it for my family and my boyfriend, I don't want them to feel responsible for a decision of mine

• Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101 and Stick
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Thank you for your words, I really want to change my psychiatrist, I'm not convinced that he can help me. However, my psychologist makes me feel more comfortable but I never mentioned to her that I have been thinking for years that CTB is a possibility for me and I haven't done it for my family and my boyfriend, I don't want them to feel responsible for a decision of mine
:hug: Is your psychiatrist connected to your psychologist? Can you change the psychiatrist without needing to change the psychologist? I'm glad that you feel comfortable with your psychologist!

Reactions: Stick
Dark Spring

Dark Spring

Sobreviviendo
Sep 29, 2020
:hug: Is your psychiatrist connected to your psychologist? Can you change the psychiatrist without needing to change the psychologist? I'm glad that you feel comfortable with your psychologist!

I think so, today I have an appointment with my psychologist and I thought I would tell her that I don't feel comfortable with my psychiatrist.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, GoneGoneGone and Stick
T

tiredxillenial

Jul 19, 2020
I think so, today I have an appointment with my psychologist and I thought I would tell her that I don't feel comfortable with my psychiatrist.
I very much relate to your post and hope the psychologist is/was able to help.
It sucks. I had to wait many weeks too to see my therapist but I knew it wouldn't help. Words don't work for me. If someone tells me "Stop being depressive" I wouldn't start to be happy again and love life. They don't undestand. I find that very unprofessional. It makes me want to ctb too because I spent money and wasted my time in something that I knew it wasn't going to work. Pointless.
Very much relate. I'm in a similair situation right now re:why bother because it's a waste with psychiatrists.
My psychiatrist says that I need to stop being a depressive person and that increasing my medication will help, but I don't really feel that he cares about me. He never asked me if I wanted to end my life, and whenever I start to tell him how I feel he says to talk to the psychologist about it, not to him. I feel like nobody really cares how I am. Not to mention that he made me wait three months to see me
That's a horrible thing to say. They are incompetant in their profession. I hope you were/able able to find a new one.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dark Spring and Meditation guide
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
It sounds like you have a bad psychiatrist :(

It took me more than a few different tries to find one who I actually liked and who cared about me and wanted to try more than just medication

• Hugs
Reactions: Dark Spring
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
It took me a lot of tries to find one that would listen to me as well, so if you want to go to therapy, find someone you're comfortable with.
I personally gave up on therapy but if you want to go then you should.

• Hugs
Viceroy

Viceroy

Student
Oct 20, 2020
CHANGE. Ive stuck with people I felt like changing and it never worked well

• Hugs