• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Was there a point when you gave up on taking care of yourself once you decided CTB was an option?

Reactions: StillWaiting, marcusuk63, Circles and 1 other person
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
Few weeks.. Havent been to work in over a week. I want to die more than I've ever wanted any thing.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Things2do1st&ThenCtb, weargon, Soul and 5 others
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
Yes, when I go through severe bouts of depression, self-care goes out of the window I have no motivation to do anything.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Halo13, ImsooDone1N and 2 others
Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
My self care has been shit for years. Probably mostly just laziness, especially growing up. Don't brush my teeth (very occasionally these days so that I don't need even more dental work), don't change out my daily contacts for months on end, don't shower nearly as much as I should, eat like crap, hardly go out, don't exercise, etc. I still have some (minimal) things I do because I live with family because I have no choice and it would just get worse if I didn't. I'll have to get my shit together to gather and organize belongings and documents and stuff before I die though.

Reactions: Things2do1st&ThenCtb, esclava, Qbert and 5 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Yes

Reactions: Halo13, ImsooDone1N and Circles
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Have not shaved since i joined which is when i took my profile photo , so have a beard and scraggy hair , lucky to shower once a week , go days on just eating minimal amounts of crap , hardly sleep , smoke like a chimney and stopped taking my asthma meds six weeks ago ,unfortunately i think my cause of asthma was the asthma meds !! as my breathing has never been better ! , i was expecting to have a massive asthma attack by now :aw:... when i CTB ,soon, i will have a shave and cut my hair though .

Attachments

• IMG_20190527_112653.jpg
    IMG_20190527_112653.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 55
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Loli, Random, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 6 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Well, yes, ive been neglecting to take care of certain things as often.. but as for myself I think I take average care. I know that I take better care of my cat than I do myself. But he deserves it.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soul and marcusuk63
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
My take on this: Taking care of myself - I will do so up until I ctb. The reason being is that the decision to ctb is one that should be made with the clearest of mind, keeping a clear mind as possible (the Stoics also believed this) - and proper health (excercise, eating right, getting enough sleep) plays a role in how one thinks. I also recommend things such as yoga class and acupuncture.

Reactions: Qbert
weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
Have not shaved since i joined which is when i took my profile photo , so have a beard and scraggy hair , lucky to shower once a week , go days on just eating minimal amounts of crap , hardly sleep , smoke like a chimney and stopped taking my asthma meds six weeks ago ,unfortunately i think my cause of asthma was the asthma meds !! as my breathing has never been better ! , i was expecting to have a massive asthma attack by now :aw:... when i CTB ,soon, i will have a shave and cut my hair though .
Oi, that's quite a transformation. But I know the feeling. Showering is overrated. Every time you change your clothes, they've sort of cleaned you anyways lol. And that's funny how sometimes even some good can come out of bad things, regarding the asthma, kind of fascinating to read that bit actually.

• Yay!
Reactions: Loli and marcusuk63
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
I don't know, when someone tell me something like this: taking care of yourself, be alright , etc.
I feel so sad...

Last edited:
Reactions: Loli and marcusuk63
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
My take on this: Taking care of myself - I will do so up until I ctb. The reason being is that the decision to ctb is one that should be made with the clearest of mind, keeping a clear mind as possible (the Stoics also believed this) - and proper health (excercise, eating right, getting enough sleep) plays a role in how one thinks. I also recommend things such as yoga class and acupuncture.
I wonder if anyone ctb with a clear mind. especially if the method takes some time to accomplish

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
For me, it's been important to continue to taking care of myself, as if I am not going to die, because there is always the possibility that my circumstances may change and I will not ctb. The possibility of this is quite slim, but it exists nonetheless.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I do the bare minimum to feel quasi clean/attractive. From my own personal standpoint I don't care too much but if I know I'm going out or doing something a bit important or intimate I'll take a long shower. Most of my days are so empty and devoid of interaction that it's not worth going all out.

Reactions: marcusuk63
Firecaste

Firecaste

Experienced
Jan 5, 2019
So no one told you life was gonna be this way.
CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOAYYYY.

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I wonder if anyone ctb with a clear mind. especially if the method takes some time to accomplish
"But if you feel yourself falling away and losing control, retire in good heart to some corner where you will regain control—or else make a complete exit from life, not in anger, but simply, freely, with integrity, making this leaving of it at least one achievement in your life."
- Marcus Aurelius

The above from Aurelius is what I would consider cbt with a clear mind - doing so for correct reasons. It's important to take care of one's health up to the very end so one's mind is healthy enough to consider all and any possibilities when considering one's final act on this Earth.

Reactions: TiredHorse
esclava

esclava

Professional fence sitter
Mar 15, 2019
I'm too busy taking care of everyone else and that's all that matters to them.

Reactions: Tabbyql
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
"But if you feel yourself falling away and losing control, retire in good heart to some corner where you will regain control—or else make a complete exit from life, not in anger, but simply, freely, with integrity, making this leaving of it at least one achievement in your life."
- Marcus Aurelius

The above from Aurelius is what I would consider cbt with a clear mind - doing so for correct reasons. It's important to take care of one's health up to the very end so one's mind is healthy enough to consider all and any possibilities when considering one's final act on this Earth.
theoretically, I agree.