N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if tagamet is as effective as it needs to be w sn. i can't get primperan but can get tagamet. idk if anyone can answer this or if it's against rules but would just 800mg and the sn with some xanax work?

Merith

Merith

Oct 24, 2019
Isn't this just an antiacid, not any form of anti-emetic?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
That's what I decided to use. I'm comfortable with it.

Reactions: Meditation guide and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Tagamet is fine, yes

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Tagamet is recommended by PPH.

Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Nexium, a proton pump inhibitor, is now recommended by Exit as a viable alternative to Tagamet, although it remains a second choice, not first hand.

Regarding anti-emetics, the recommendation became to couple 30mg of Meto with 8mg of Ondansetron (Zoffran)

Reactions: Frew and Meditation guide
DaughterOfCamus

DaughterOfCamus

Nov 6, 2020
Nexium, a proton pump inhibitor, is now recommended by Exit as a viable alternative to Tagamet, although it remains a second choice, not first hand.

Regarding anti-emetics, the recommendation became to couple 30mg of Meto with 8mg of Ondansetron (Zoffran)

So if I'm understanding this correctly, proton pump inhibitors (Nexium) are being seen as alternatives and not as a addition to the regimen by Exit?

Reactions: Viro_Major
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
ARE TAGAMET AND PEPCID THE SAME THING?

Tagamet (cimetidine) and Pepcid (famotidine) are histamine receptor antagonists used to treat and prevent certain types of ulcer, to treat conditions that cause the stomach to produce too much acid, and to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

Pepcid is also used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Both Tagamet and Pepcid are available over-the-counter (OTC) and as generics.

Side effects of Tagamet and Pepcid that are similar include headache, dizziness, joint or muscle pain, diarrhea, nausea, or constipation.

Side effects of Tagamet that are different from Pepcid include drowsiness, depression, agitation, breast swelling or tenderness (in men), or skin rash.

Side effects of Pepcid that are different from Tagamet include fatigue, weakness, mood changes, insomnia, dry mouth, or vomiting.

Both Tagamet and Pepcid may interact with antacids or ketoconazole.

Tagamet may also interact with antidepressants or blood thinners.

Pepcid may also interact with alcohol, atazanavir, itraconazole, cefditoren, dasatinib, delavirdine, fosamprenavir, or aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).

I don't know what they mean by "interact with" exactly. I see you shouldn't take NSAIDS such as ibuprofen with Pepcid. The generic of Pepcid is famitidone. I take famitidine and it is much stronger than Tagamet so I don't know why they don't recommend that instead.

Last edited:
reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Is Tagamet sold over the counter in the UK? Is it even sold under that name in Europe? What's equivalent across the pond?