S

SNOB

Apr 7, 2020
is anyone else surrounded by people but still feels alone?

i feel guilty because i have a lot of friends and family who care about me but i still feel this way

i had an attempt a short while ago but it didnt work out. ive just been landed with a psychiatrist whos diagnosed me with this and that and gave me a load of pills and lost my job. i feel like suicide is my fate and the way im meant to leave.

my 30th bday is looming but i dont want to face it. i feel like a failure and i just want to pass to the other side. get drunk and jump so to speak.

death is inevitable for everyone so it doesn't matter anyway right? and seeing somone of the bravery and courage on this forum makes it feel more real.

massive respect to all of you who are valiantly battling on and making your own destiny.

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, FrankieVallie and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I don't think this feeling is uncommon for people like us. And that's what I keep telling myself...every last one of us dies, there's no getting around it. So its really nothing to fear, logically.

Reactions: FrankieVallie
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Yes. I have always felt like this. Always alone even when people are around. After many yrs I learned that for me this was an advantage though because I realized that I am glad that I am not like the mainstream general public . One day everyone's family and friends, lots of people you know will be gone and then this feeling will get even worse. Old age = more suffering . So why should we be forced to stick around for it if we don't want to? I hope you can find some kind of joy for your 30 birthday. Maybe things will turn around for you.

Reactions: FrankieVallie
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Story of my life, sadly. I'm autistic, and that only magnifies the loneliness. I live with people, but I feel incredibly alone and misunderstood. I sometimes feel too sensitive or soft or "weird" for this world

• Hugs
Reactions: reddrake08, FrankieVallie, falloutcarter13 and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Definitely. When you are depressed it feels hard to connect with other people at times. Your emotions make you feel like you're seeing things differently to others, which can make you feel isolated. It's a very valid feeling, you have no reason to feel guilty.

• Love
Reactions: falloutcarter13
FrankieVallie

FrankieVallie

Jul 24, 2020
is anyone else surrounded by people but still feels alone?

i feel guilty because i have a lot of friends and family who care about me but i still feel this way

i had an attempt a short while ago but it didnt work out. ive just been landed with a psychiatrist whos diagnosed me with this and that and gave me a load of pills and lost my job. i feel like suicide is my fate and the way im meant to leave.

my 30th bday is looming but i dont want to face it. i feel like a failure and i just want to pass to the other side. get drunk and jump so to speak.

death is inevitable for everyone so it doesn't matter anyway right? and seeing somone of the bravery and courage on this forum makes it feel more real.

massive respect to all of you who are valiantly battling on and making your own destiny.
I'm surrounded by a strong family but feel more alone than if I didn't have them at all. It's a matter of how well they actually understand you. They love me but have no idea who I truly and and don't understand me at all. Therefore, I still feel alone.

Reactions: Passersby