• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

amnotreal

amnotreal

Student
Oct 20, 2019
i had surgery on feb 18th. i had decided to wait and do surgery and see if it could improve my quality of life. it did a lot. they found stuff that was unexpected. my colon was all messed up but it didn't need to be re-sectioned. it might eventually need that though. i have been learning about colostomy bags and stuff and wheel chairs and all these things that could become part of my life but maybe never will. i am trying to get comfortable with the idea that medicine and doctors can help me keep living by making it so i am healthy enough and able enough to live.
i thought i had really bad hemorrhoids but it was a prolapsed colon coming outside my body. the surgeon fixed it and removed so much adhesion's stuff and found endometriosis. im recovering from surgery. i need to wait and heal and then decide. i am gonna start ketamine infusions which in the past helped me a lot with ideations. im so anxious all the time. i really want to be healthy enough to go hiking again and

the surgery i had helped my body so much but the psychological impact is difficult and not being able to really exercise at all for a while is really difficult. i couldn't exercise before the surgery because of being sick and now i can't because i need to recover and i guess i am still sick. maybe i have always been sick. i want to garden again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eridanos, L-L and mesohappy
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Damn that's scary.Sorry you had to go through all that.Hopefully you heal fully and no need for colostomy bag and all that other stuff.Just don't rush it,take it easy and give yourself time to heal fully.How long for full recovery time?

I hope you are back to hiking,gardening,and things you love soon.:heart:

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I know several people with colostomy bags and they do everything. It was tough to adjust at first, but now they don't give it a second thought. One is a high school teacher, one is a housewife in an area with lots of high expectations and pressures, and one is a nurse. Ironically, the nurse had the toughest time getting adjusted.

My aunt was in a wheelchair most of her life due to polio. The doctors said she would likely not live to age 10. She died at 67.

None of these people are famous or determined to be a source of inspiration. They just kept on and found ways to make their situations work for them. I'm not sure where you're located, but there are more and more wheelchair friendly trails every day. Gardens can be elevated or boxed to help folks reach them.

I know it's corny to mention all these things as if they take away your pain.I'm not trying to act as if your pain is not real or can be quickly forgotten, I promise. I wish all the best for you and hope you heal completely. There's help available if you need it and you can always come here to talk. I'm happy to while away the days behind my keyboard. :wink:

Reactions: Plainjane and mesohappy