• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
"In the video, Dr Blair Peters, a self-described 'queer surgeon' with 'he/they' pronouns, pink hair and a 'passion' for genital surgeries, says patients face fertility, sexual pleasure and other lifelong post-op complications.

Perhaps more concerning is how Dr Peters — who works at one of America's most progressive hospitals — presents his procedures, some of which involve robotics, as experimental.

He says he's 'figuring out what works' and that his team will know more in the next 'five-to-10 years.'"

More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-drawbacks-genital-ops-trans-adolescents.html

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
Infertility is an inherent part of transitioning. That's something that trans people acknowledge. There are no children undergoing transition surgeries, and the only alternative to transition for a trans person is death since it's the only other way to stop the pain of dysphoria.

trashprincess

trashprincess

She/Slur
Aug 8, 2023
And?

At least over where I live, gender affirming procedures fall under "informed consent", meaning the ADULT patients know what they are getting themselves into.

All medical procedures take time to develop, that just the literal process of science. If people want to take part in that process, that's their right. Adults (the only people receiving gender affirming surgeries) should get to have autonomy over their own body.

But like literally... And? Like do you have something to add? Like do you have anything to contribute to the conversation? A question you'd like to ask the trans people of the community? What is the purpose of this post?

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
"In the video, Dr Blair Peters, a self-described 'queer surgeon' with 'he/they' pronouns, pink hair and a 'passion' for genital surgeries, says patients face fertility, sexual pleasure and other lifelong post-op complications.

Perhaps more concerning is how Dr Peters — who works at one of America's most progressive hospitals — presents his procedures, some of which involve robotics, as experimental.

He says he's 'figuring out what works' and that his team will know more in the next 'five-to-10 years.'"

More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-drawbacks-genital-ops-trans-adolescents.html
Not sure about others but that seems fine to me. I'd rather be infertile and dissatisfied sexually than to have to live in a body that physically repulses me because it doesn't align.

This surgery is lifesaving, even if it has consequences.

BUT I say this as a 24-year-old, who is fine with that. I'm not sure how they would regulate certainty among younger trans people. Like, how could a small child decide they'd be okay with that. Of course transitioning later also sets you up for trauma, bullying dysphoria. It seems there's not been a win-win situation so far.

It's a complex and difficult topic.

Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Instead of focusing negative attention at less than 1% of the population that already experiences far higher rates of abuse than the general population that contributes to increased suicide rates why not talk about how pollution and climate change is driving infertility across the board? Why not discuss how sexual pleasure and health is still such a taboo subject to even broach? If these are genuinely your concerns why are you targeting the already embattled transgender population?

If you look at articles the Daily Mail has been publishing regarding transgender people over the past few years you can see a clear anti-trans agenda. This is part of a larger and ever-growing tide of disinformation and hate from a small yet vocal minority. If you're genuinely interested in hearing from the transgender community regarding issues facing them I would suggest reading what transgender support groups and human rights groups have to say on these issues.

If you're a transgender person reading this please know you are not alone. You are loved, and needed, and valued far more than you might have been lead believe you are right now. The community NEEDS you, I NEED you. Please feel free to reach out to me if you are struggling.

Much love 🧡🧡

CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
Tip for non-trans (cisgender) people to immediately sus out who is ACTUALLY "worried about the children" vs people who just hate trans people:

If the first message is mentioning pronouns in quotes and mocking unrelated things like pink hair (the horror.. pink hair...) then it's probably bullshit. Love ya guys!!

D

deep_end

How've you been?
Sep 9, 2023
Tip for non-trans (cisgender) people to immediately sus out who is ACTUALLY "worried about the children" vs people who just hate trans people:

If the first message is mentioning pronouns in quotes and mocking unrelated things like pink hair (the horror.. pink hair...) then it's probably bullshit. Love ya guys!!
You have no idea how often I try to teach people that trans people aren't a horrible pedophilic fad group and people just respond with "of course you have colored hair".

CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
You have no idea how often I try to teach people that trans people aren't a horrible pedophilic fad group and people just respond with "of course you have colored hair".
I hate that so fucking much. To lighten the mood, though:

Here are some fun ways to respond to those assholes!
(Do at your own risk, anyone can use)

• "OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!? OH MY GOD!!!" (optional added emojis: 🤨😔😬🤢🤮😵🤯😟😲😰😱😭😣)

• "Does color scare you? Or is it just colored hair? Do you only wear purely monochrome clothing and cry like a baby when you see anything other than shades of black, white, and gray? Or are you just jealous that I have the confidence to have colored hair and you don't? Please enlighten me!" (optional added emojis: 😘🥰😂🤣🤔🧐🥱💀)

• "Hey, I think that stick up your ass is so big that it's accidentally pushing shit out of your mouth!!"

• "Ah yes, because me having colored hair totally disproves my point, right? Go on, give me an actual reason as to why you're "soooo right" other than the color of the hairs on my head. Or do you not have any answers and that's why you brought up my features? Go ahead, block me instead of answering! Avoid anyone who challenges you like you always do, little one."

Stay safe!

• Yay!
Reactions: thebookofdisquiet.