E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
As you all know, considering suicide is an enormous societal taboo. Information on the matter is witheld so that we are unable to make fully informed decisions. Means to easily end one's own life are severely restricted and we are left with means that risk not working and causing even more suffering than we were in before. Anyone that even voices their thoughts has their autonomy and freedom taken away. I think this is all an enormous injustice and instead we are left to rot and suffer.

In my life, I have tried to support various different causes, mainly people who suffer from poverty and starvation in third world countries. But I think this cause is far more important than any of those as there are so few people to support it and speak out against this ridiculous violation of freedom and autonomy.

Besides this platform, which I believe can be supported through bitcoin, I wondered if there are any organisations and charities that support people in their right to make an informed decision and respect whatever choice they make? I tried to Google it, but of course everything is filtered and skewed towards suicide prevention resources. I also tried duckduckgo, but I didn't find anything there either.

I just wondered if anyone here knew of any supportive organisations and charities?

Thank you.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
You should give to grassroots level for ex this site, the people who do the actual work etc because a lot of organizations keep the donations as salaries for the head honchos etc. Only 60% gets to the people who do the actual work and the people who need the aid.. Now for political organizations, its different they lobby for changes in law but the gist is, any good cause can become a milking cow so be careful and diligent

Reactions: pole
E

experimentee

Sep 10, 2023
You should give to grassroots level for ex this site, the people who do the actual work etc because a lot of organizations keep the donations as salaries for the head honchos etc. Only 60% gets to the people who do the actual work and the people who need the aid.. Now for political organizations, its different they lobby for changes in law but the gist is, any good cause can become a milking cow so be careful and diligent
Thanks for your helpful comment. Yes, I have heard a few examples of this happening, and agree that support for any cause should be carefully distributed. This site seems a safe choice though. :)

I want to add a few more thoughts following on from my initial post not addressed to dialogos in particular. It is such a great hypocrisy that humans can decide to put down or neuter their pets without their consent. Yet a human who is suffering and wants to end their life has information censored and the means to reliably and easily end their life are not available . No wonder so many lurk here. This is just one example, but a symptom among many others of how completely messed up this world is.