L

LastBitOfJoy

Dec 18, 2023
I feel like suicide is unnaturally hard. It takes good planning and calculation.

You have to choose the right time if you live with others, you have to practice your method to make sure it really works. It also takes your mental stability in a way, not knowing what's really going to happen at the end, thinking about chances of failing, thinking about what if something different happened in your life that would change everything.

Leaving this world is not a piece of cake it seems.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, Immensevoid, Tears in Rain and 10 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
The only thing that makes suicide hard is our brains. The only reason we can even contemplate suicide is also because of our brains. If you remove thought as most successful CTB'ers do... then killing yourself is good aweful easy.

We know the level of durability the human body has and we also know its limits. You will not survive a fall of more than 1000 feet. The highest fall a human has ever survived was 33,330 feet and such a feat has not happened since. No where close. This is just an example but you get the idea.

Reactions: bwerner, Praestat_Mori, MatrixPrisoner and 1 other person
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

đŸª¦ July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Yeah I completely agree. SI on top of perfect planning makes this a difficult task to accomplish. I will manage it though.

I've had my set up ready for that past couple of days and I just haven't had the strength to do it yet. I think I'm going to try tonight, but who knows. Anything could happen and put me off or render my attempt useless.

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Praestat_Mori
Heem wasnt there

Heem wasnt there

Missing You
Dec 8, 2023
It does take a lot more effort and thought than one may think. Not even factoring in planning for what happens after your death (if you do any of that planning). I think that's what holds me back the most.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is too unnecessarily difficult to die on our own terms, it doesn't make any sense to me when people refer to suicide as being "easy" as we exist in this society where suicide is purposely made so inaccessible after all, if one can access a reliable method in the first place then that's a privilege.

It'd be such a relief if existence came with an permanent off switch to eternally find peace from all the suffering, what'd terrify me is trying to die going wrong, it's horrible how we have to struggle so much to leave an existence we never even consented to being in, in the first place.

Reactions: Deleted member 31858
Soc

Soc

Dec 9, 2023
Yeh, I feel it like a desire that I've done enough but there's still things that hold me from just going and doing it. One is the fear of failure and the being contained and kept 'safe' and then essentially kept alive till I 'get better'. I even struggle to put the things in place. I guess I just have this mad aim to secure my own place in the next few months rather than being in the family home.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess because it is an unnatural act! We're part of the animal kingdom after all. Our primal brains are very powerful and have evolved to keep us alive. So- we're battling an element in ourselves firstly- SI. That element is cunning too- it warns us of all the things that are dangerous and all methods involved in killing ourselves are dangerous! Even if not obviously- we know poison only needs to be drunk but we dread the consequences.

Then yeah- everything in society does what it can to make it as difficult as possible- leaving only the most terrifying, brutal and unreliable methods left.

I don't think that anyone who calls it the 'easy way' or 'cowards way out' has actually been that close to doing it.

Of course- it could end up being easy for some of us. We just don't know and it's the not knowing that makes it hardest of all because the consequences of failing can be horrendous.

Reactions: Immensevoid, Tears in Rain and Ash’Girl
M1sT

M1sT

Life Is War & Wars Are Pointless!
Sep 30, 2023
Suicide is not something like a simple exit command on the terminal or the quit button on any game. There is no quit button IRL and you have to make it or find it yourself. Available methods are EASY to ACCESS like jumping, drowning, train tracks, semi-truck, etc..., finding YOUR WAY and ACCEPTING that what lies ahead is sunshine and rainbows, that is tough to swallow.. We humans were never born alone hence we already have someone who cares for us so it's feels guilty to disappoint them by ending our life and letting all the people down who were dependent on you. Some of us so fed up that we don't care about the physical pain but it's only the mental aftermath that stops us from doing and some go all out by doing it anywhere by any means posing a negative effect on the other people nearby (on railway tracks, many people are there). Suicide is infact the hardest thing to do, doing something that switches you off is obviously harder cause how will you do more difficult thing if you are not even alive.

Sorry for bed england... england is not my naive language

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Ash’Girl
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
Its ridiculous. I dont get how adults who have children drinking beer everyday is considered more normal than a suicide.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and M1sT