Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
There are a small handful of NDE threads already but I thought I'd focus on a specific sub set. I would like to hear any first or second hand stories from users that have experienced NDEs relating specifically to suicide attempts. You can include your religious beliefs and or the events that lead up to it, however, I'm mostly interested in what you saw or heard after the "black out" phase.

I'm well aware that the brain goes into hyper active mode and will release endorphins as well as attempt to "fill in" the gaps. I will not discount any stories due to this fact alone.

There have been a few scientific studies on this sub set of NDEs before. But I feel like it's not largely focused on and may be somewhat manipulated. Many of these studies claim that the participants were far less likely to attempt suicide again afterwards and I'm curious as to the veracity of these claims.

Thank you to any and all users who would like to share their stories.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Hello,

First of all I wanted to answer your post because I hate it when I see posts that no one has answered. I feel like most people on this board have been ignored enough IRL and they don't need to be ignored here too. i've had a few of my posts ignored here too and it doesn't feel very good. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't take it personally.

I don't have any NDE of my own to share, but your topic intrigued me so I started looking around at a site called near-death.com & found the following (these are the conclusions of a man named Dr. George Ritchie):

Three Classifications of Suicide
1.The first classification are those people who kill themselves in order to hurt someone, get revenge, or who kill themselves out of anger for someone else. They arrive in the earthbound realm out of hatred, jealousy, resentment, bitterness and total distain for themselves and others. Ritchie writes, "I want to make clear that it was impressed upon me that these were the ones who had the same type of powerful emotions which people who committed murder have" (p.25). Ritchie says such people mistakenly believe they are not committing murder which their religious training tells them is a worse sin than suicide. Their motive for killing themself is, "If I can't kill you, I will kill myself to get even with you." According to Ritchie, such people temporarily "haunt" the living by being aware of every horrible consequence their suicide had on others until they are ready to let go and enter into the light.
2.The second classification includes those who, because of mental illness, confusion, or a terminal illness, take their own life. Ritchie states these people are allowed many opportunities from God to grow in love just as any other person would who had not committed suicide. In other words, there are no negative consequences for them.
3.The third classification includes those who kill themselves from drug, alcohol, or any other addiction. According to Ritchie, these people can become stuck in limbo trying in vain to satisfy their addiction until eventually something frees them. This condition is also called an "earthbound" condition which is also temporary.
Concerning souls belonging to the first classification, Ritchie writes:
"I understood from what I was seeing that these people and the average murderer also are confined in a state where they are given a chance to realize two very important facts. One, you can only kill the body, not the soul. Two, that only love, not hate, can bring them and others true happiness. I believe once they fully understand this, they are given the opportunity to continue their spiritual and mental growth."

Personally, I think no matter what happens when I ctb, it's still going to be better than here, even if my soul is still tortured. At the very least I won't have to deal with the needs of my body or the burdens of daily life.
Therefore, without all of those other things to worry about, maybe I'll be able to finally address the issues that cause me to be so tortured because I won't have to deal with all this other stuff at the same time.
Anyway, I realize I didn't answer the question you asked, but I hope you don't mind that I posted something here

I wish you peace. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Ambie
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
@BlueWidow Thank you for your reply. I will have to read a bit more about this DR and his work. I realise this may be a touchy or hot subject for some and I'm not the least bit discouraged by the lack of replies. I had read in a study of this subject that people in this category are less likely to experience NDEs as well. So this may also be a factor at play.

I'm not exactly afraid of the afterlife even with my religious upbringing. I've always found this subject to be highly interesting though as it's something we will all one day face. Energy can't be destroyed nor created it can only change forms. So in theory the energy that powers our brains and bodies must go somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow