lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Hello, I wanted to discuss this I want to know what is your stance on Suicide and your arguments for being pro choice or pro life on this subject.

If everyone over the age of 18 has the right to die or not, or if it should just be reserved for terminal/ painful illness that there is no cure for.

I'm not trying to start an argument just want a discussion. Thank you.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Xiaomi
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
My opinion is that suicide is neither right nor wrong, and it shouldn't be condemned because there are many problems with reality and for some of us they become too much.

Reactions: lostangel, Sprite_Geist and Xiaomi
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
In a perfect world, you get to live on your own terms, you should also be able to die on your own terms. But that isn't the case.

Prolifers be like: please don't die, your life is precious
Also prolifers: work this 9-5 job so we can get rich while you become a robot and end up dying a vegetable in some retirement village

• Love
Reactions: lovelypirategirl, it's_all_a_game, grungeCat and 10 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
In a perfect world, you get to live on your own terms, you should also be able to die on your own terms. But that isn't the case.

Prolifers be like: please don't die, your life is precious
Also prolifers: work this 9-5 job so we can get rich while you become a robot and end up dying a vegetable in some retirement village
Yeah, sadly, prolifers are mostly brainless NPCs and your example sums it up pretty well. They lack self-awareness or the ability to question the status quo and worse yet, they enforce it! :hmph::aw::ohhhh::angry:

Reactions: lostangel and Xiaomi
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I'd have thought it's self-evident that everyone has the right to choose whether to live or die.

It's my life. I can do what I want with it.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and lostangel
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
my view is its entirely pointless argument, suicide has always and will always exist and no matter what consensus people will continue to do it, the sides will never understand each other. My personal view is pro suicide via euthaniasia for any reason available to over 25s

Reactions: lostangel
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Could we stop calling the anti-choice crowd "pro-lifers"? Why should they have a positive-sounding label when they're striving to restrict/deny/hinder other people's choices?

Reactions: lovelypirategirl and lostangel
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Hello, I wanted to discuss this I want to know what is your stance on Suicide and your arguments for being pro choice or pro life on this subject.

If everyone over the age of 18 has the right to die or not, or if it should just be reserved for terminal/ painful illness that there is no cure for.

I'm not trying to start an argument just want a discussion. Thank you.
I think it should be allowed for only seriously mentally and/or physically ill people. A healthy individual always has hope whether it is a financial or a social situation, with the exception of some psycho holding you hostage and subjecting you to torture you will be able to wiggle out of any situation if you are healthy. What you can never escape is your health. If the treatment doesn't work, your quality of life will slide down to a torturous level no matter how eloquently someone tells me to hold onto my life .
EDIT: Seriously ill does not necessarily mean terminally ill. You can be messed up mentally or physically and still live your natural life but it will be full of torture.

Last edited:
Reactions: lostangel