FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I live in the UK and we Brits have numerous mental health charities dedicated to preventing suicide. I believe suicide prevention has been nothing but a failure because it fails to address the social economic and various factors which push people to kill themselves.

● Suicide prevention charities and campaigns tell suicidal people to reach out for help. The thing is not everyone has caring families and friends. People who do make the effort to reach out end up being judged, dismissed, called "selfish" and treated like an inconvenience from thier loved ones. If a person doesn't reach out it is for a reason some people do not react properly to mental illness. My mum was furious when she discovered I was self harming as a teenager and called me "selfish" and "attention seeking" The burden is on the mentally ill person to reach but what about the responsibilities of the community that person belongs too. People need to listen more and be more compassionate.

● Not everyone can afford a therapist and therapy is inaccessble to many people which is why I believe the pharse go see a therapist is now the new "shut up and stop complaining" used by people to push others way. We have a broken mental health system in need of serious and radical reform.

● There is loads of social and economic factors that do led people to kill themselves ie bullying in schools especially cyber bullying is a factor in teen suicide, discrimination marginalised communities experience, people have killed themselves over inability to pay debts etc. As a society we need to focus more on how to support people who are going through a difficult times and fixing these issues.

I believe If we had a better compassionate world actually that supported and helped people suicide would no longer be the norm we see today.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, undecided, vampire2002 and 27 others
socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
Suicide prevention sucks. The fact that we call it "suicide prevention" tells you all you need to know about it. People only care about your pain when it effects them. I agree with you that nobody wants to make peoples lives better, well I suppose a lot of people do, but there are just way to many people who want to make other peoples lives worse to benefit them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trakehner, Sprite_Geist, StellaSomnus and 17 others
larastoned

larastoned

bpd | adhd
Oct 5, 2023
To add to your first point, many people who are actively seeking help are now actually afraid to "reach out" in fear of getting ostracized for "trauma dumping." That is why I abhor these TikTok "life coaches" whose advice include a bunch of therapy speak. What do you mean a person can't tell their friends their feelings and struggles? Not everyone has access to therapists. And majority of us just want to be heard.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: StellaSomnus, spinningmyself, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 8 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I live in the UK and I just want the right to a dignified death. When you're mentally ill, don't remotely enjoy life, and have realised how absurd it all is yet they still just won't let you die in peace is what drives me mad.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: StellaSomnus, IBM0000, spinningmyself and 10 others
peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023
I believe If we had a better compassionate world actually that supported and helped people suicide would no longer be the norm we see today.
That's only possible in the Utopian I guess. Compassion is a beautiful yet unrealistic word in this world. And that's why I don't want to stay here.
Nobody truly cares and most people only mind their own business.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Trakehner, Rogue Proxy and 4 others
P

peaches

Student
Oct 19, 2022
I add to this thread that in the US, once someone "reaches out" to a Suicide Prevention Org, and/or a therapist, the focus immediately shifts from the suicidal person to the legal protection of the "professional."
To risk speaking honestly, as occurs on this site, is to guarantee forced hospitalization in order to protect the licensed therapist.
Essentially, you will be cornered and punished by forced inpatient capture because you are speaking honestly.
There are canned questions:
Do you have a plan?
Do you have the means to carry out that plan ? (Gun, meds, rope, etc.
When are you planning to do this?

If you answer "yes" and you have a date in mind, you are captured against your will and locked up.

This is why this site is so important. Some of us need to speak freely for many different reasons, personal to us and we should not be captured and punished for this.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: AncientSorrow, Trakehner, FireFox and 6 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Here in uk too unfortunately.
It all comes down to the fact that they try and make it look like they care, yet in reality they definitely do not care.
They just want us to suffer instead of offering solutions, or respecting our wishes to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: spinningmyself, sserafim and LoiteringClouds
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I live in the UK and we Brits have numerous mental health charities dedicated to preventing suicide. I believe suicide prevention has been nothing but a failure because it fails to address the social economic and various factors which push people to kill themselves.

● Suicide prevention charities and campaigns tell suicidal people to reach out for help. The thing is not everyone has caring families and friends. People who do make the effort to reach out end up being judged, dismissed, called "selfish" and treated like an inconvenience from thier loved ones. If a person doesn't reach out it is for a reason some people do not react properly to mental illness. My mum was furious when she discovered I was self harming as a teenager and called me "selfish" and "attention seeking" The burden is on the mentally ill person to reach but what about the responsibilities of the community that person belongs too. People need to listen more and be more compassionate.

● Not everyone can afford a therapist and therapy is inaccessble to many people which is why I believe the pharse go see a therapist is now the new "shut up and stop complaining" used by people to push others way. We have a broken mental health system in need of serious and radical reform.

● There is loads of social and economic factors that do led people to kill themselves ie bullying in schools especially cyber bullying is a factor in teen suicide, discrimination marginalised communities experience, people have killed themselves over inability to pay debts etc. As a society we need to focus more on how to support people who are going through a difficult times and fixing these issues.

"Suicide prevention" might help some but probably less than 50% of suicidal people get any type of useful help. Mental health is a catch all phrase too, like suicide prevention. It may help some but probably less than half.
The only answer is compassionate euthanasia. People need to be simply allowed to die and helped to a peaceful death. Anything else is not compassionate.

• Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, DeadlineDialer, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
A

AllAlone

Oct 4, 2023
Suicide prevention is designed to help people with depression who otherwise have good lives and family and friends who care about them. People who have legitimate reasons for wanting to die like they are homeless, have severe illness or disability, or who are alone don't matter to society and nobody cares if they kill themselves.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hfb, Painfu.Ll.suffering, Teleftaía Anapnoí and 11 others
N

nood11

Jul 14, 2023

I always say pills and conversations don't change peoples' circumstances. What if the person feels totally alone in life and overwhelmed with the problems of this life? Here are a few examples of crappy circumstances: going bankrupt over medical bills, being incarcerated, not being able to financially survive well in our capitalist system, spending most of ones waking hours alone, having one problem after another happen, not having dependable transportation, being homeless, not having a partner to love and have companionship with, etc. This list is not exhaustive by any means. The objective real world acts upon each and every one of us everyday. This world is not a safe place in which to exist.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, StellaSomnus, DeadlineDialer and 6 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I was self harming as a teenager and called me "selfish" and "attention seeking"
That's crazy . What's wrong with some parents.

Reactions: NumbItAll, WAITING TO DIE and spinningmyself
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Suicide Prevention is like Rain Prevention, words with no meaning.
Suicide Reduction could be a thing. That would require understanding, empathy and funds. Three things in very short supply.

Reactions: ClownWorld2023, Teleftaía Anapnoí, StellaSomnus and 6 others
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I live in the U.K also when I was super suicidal they injected me with medication that made me even more suicidal. It had severe side effects like my eyes going up and intense restlessness. Never seeking help again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Meditation guide, Teleftaía Anapnoí and 5 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
That was a bad doctor. There are good ones. I am sorry you got the wrong one.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Suicide prevention sucks. The fact that we call it "suicide prevention" tells you all you need to know about it. People only care about your pain when it effects them. I agree with you that nobody wants to make peoples lives better, well I suppose a lot of people do, but there are just way to many people who want to make other peoples lives worse to benefit them.
@socrates It is so messed up and absolutely disgusting how non mentally ill people make an individuals mental illness ALL about themselves and forgetting the actual sufferer. I have issues with anoxeria when my grandmother discovered my stash of laxatives pills and diet pills she made the whole situation about herself and family

My grandmother was preaching how its "important" for me to be healthy me being the first born to help my mother out because my arsehole father was never around, my relatives are nothing but ungrateful free loading pieces of shit who can do no wrong in my mother's eyes and grandmother's. She even guilt tripped how I should think about my little teenage sister who was so upset when she also discovered my laxatives and diet pills.

When a celebrity dies the members of the public will go on social media virtual signalling for likes over tributes to the celebrity and preaching about suicide prevention. These people do not even check or care about their own loved ones mental health problems.

The self centredness of how people react to other peoples mental illness is fucking disgusting. It is disgusting how society has allowed and encouraged this bullshit.
I live in the UK and I just want the right to a dignified death. When you're mentally ill, don't remotely enjoy life, and have realised how absurd it all is yet they still just won't let you die in peace is what drives me mad.
@lwlaiet8887 I live in the UK too. The same people who fight to make euthanasia and assisted suicide illegal in the UK do not even fight for better pain relief treatments see medical cannabis for example. Medical cannabis has proven to be effective in helping people find relief for all kinds of pain both physical and mental but still many of the British public can not access this life changing medicine.

In the UK medical cannabis is legal but is severely restricted in who can get the drug. Medical cannabis is allowed mainly for severe eplisey sufferers or other severe physcial pain conditions normally in cases where other medical treatments have not been doing much. Getting a prescription is extremely challenging people as a result have to resort many British people are growing their own cannabis illegally or buys drugs off the street.

The government is under pressure to change the laws from campaign groups. Public opinion is not as strong on the issue as well as most people don't know much about it affter the media stopped covering the case of Billy Caldwell. He is a child with severe eplisey and his mother was using cannabis oil to treat his epilepsy. She brought it aboard something like that. The British immigration and customs confiscated the cannabis oil and refused to give it back. The case outraged the nation and it led to the Home Secretary intervening in the matter and allowing use of medical cannabis is some situations.

The UK drug laws are so backwards like the stone age and just bullshit.
I live in the U.K also when I was super suicidal they injected me with medication that made me even more suicidal. It had severe side effects like my eyes going up and intense restlessness. Never seeking help again.
@Anuk Where you sectioned under the Mental Health Act 1983? If you are sectioned doctors are allowed to force you to have treatment whether or not you like it. This is because the mental health act gives them the authority to carry out the act of forced treatment.

I studied English law at university we learnt about negligence and duty of care. When an individual threatens suicide or expresses active suicidal ideation to a teacher, therapist or anyone in a position of authority or just an average citizen. The person who receives the suicide threat is under a duty of care to report it. If a suicidal person kills themselves and the person didn't report it or stop them they will find themselves in trouble with the law and found to be negligent. We read so crazy many cases of how a legal duty of care can be imposed on someone.

Studying law I know 100% to never tell anyone about my severe suicidal thoughts. I once got asked by a concerned family member if I am suicidal and I denied everything.
That's only possible in the Utopian I guess. Compassion is a beautiful yet unrealistic word in this world. And that's why I don't want to stay here.
@peace_van People only care when you die it so unfair. The British singer Morrisey even criticised the hypocritcical celebrity tributes to Sinead O'Connor saying"You hadn't the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you". Morrissey then likened Sinead's death to those of other female stars such as Amy Winehouse. He wrote: 'Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O'Connor is dead?

'Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead's life?

'No, it wasn't.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...g-death-aged-56-hadnt-guts-support-alive.html

Morrisey has a reputation for being an arsehole but this time he is right the same media that made fun of her mental health problems and celebrities that condemned her throughout her life are now appreciating her because she has died. When it comes ordinary members of the public too the same message applies people reach out and nobody cares enough to save you everyone treats you like an inconvenience in thier normal lives until the day you die.
@peace_van People only care when you die it so unfair. The British singer Morrisey even criticised the hypocritcical celebrity tributes to Sinead O'Connor saying"You hadn't the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you". Morrissey then likened Sinead's death to those of other female stars such as Amy Winehouse. He wrote: 'Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O'Connor is dead?

'Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead's life?

'No, it wasn't.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...g-death-aged-56-hadnt-guts-support-alive.html

Morrisey has a reputation for being an arsehole but this time he is right the same media that made fun of her mental health problems and celebrities that condemned her throughout her life are now appreciating her because she has died. When it comes ordinary members of the public too the same message applies people reach out and nobody cares enough to save you everyone treats you like an inconvenience in thier normal lives until the day you die.
Here in uk too unfortunately.
It all comes down to the fact that they try and make it look like they care, yet in reality they definitely do not care.
They just want us to suffer instead of offering solutions, or respecting our wishes to die.

@Nembutal dreams mental health has now become a big business enterprise for British influencers and celebrities to cash in and boost their image.

The problem with the UK is we have all these celebrities and influencers going on TV, making BBC, ITV News documentaries or writing glossy magazine or newspaper columns about how therapy helped them and how we all need to go therapy and the importance of reaching out. I would have more respect for these celebrities if they raised awareness of that the general public can not access therapy as the NHS is inaccessible when it comes to mental health treatment. People are literally dying waiting.

We even people in the natural health industry claiming how their herbal tea or CBD oil products can "cure" or "provide relief" from depression and other illnesses. it's a load of bullshit because CBD oils in the UK market are severely watered down due to strict UK drug laws which require sellers to follow strict rules on how to grow and cultivate CBD. All CBD oils must have a THC level of 0.2% or lower anything higher is illegal. CBD oils are an expensive to buy and it being watered-down people can't enjoy the full effects of the drug.

I am not anti natural medicine but people with mental illnesses need professional help and support and natural medicine can never be a substitute for medicine.

Last edited:
Reactions: StellaSomnus, peace_van, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
I always say pills and conversations don't change peoples' circumstances. What if the person feels totally alone in life and overwhelmed with the problems of this life? Here are a few examples of crappy circumstances: going bankrupt over medical bills, being incarcerated, not being able to financially survive well in our capitalist system, spending most of ones waking hours alone, having one problem after another happen, not having dependable transportation, being homeless, not having a partner to love and have companionship with, etc. This list is not exhaustive by any means. The objective real world acts upon each and every one of us everyday. This world is not a safe place in which to exist.
So true. 😞. So so so so so true

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
100% agree! and that's the main reason most of us are in this community to begin with! which is sadly a community that struggles just to still be here!

I strongly believe that they are trying to weed us out of society and at the same time using us as research projects! - because unlike other health issues that exist, this seems to still be the most difficult one that hasn't come to fruition and I'm not sure it ever will, sadly, 😢

Last edited:
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and DeadlineDialer
I

IBM0000

Oct 10, 2023
It's not utopian, it's a real life problem with real life solutions. And I don't mean the pro-life nonsense; that's just crap pushed by a politically extremist right or ignorant people who don't want to actually solve the fundamental problems in society that forces people to be depressed. And the exploitative nature of Capitalism is one such fundamental problem. People are naturally good, people are naturally humane and empathetic. Even scum who have done the worst of the worst have empathy and morals and desreve to be rehabilitated if they so desire or alternatively get a humane death, on their demand. Point is, all the problems don't lie in society but by the political landscape which is categorized by oppression of the masses for the benefit of a few. And I believe that the (political) system has a say in everything in your life, if the system is designed for you to fail, you will fail. Excluding the very rare minorty who, with luck, will succeed.

Reactions: Trakehner, StellaSomnus, DeepCD and 1 other person
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
To add to your first point, many people who are actively seeking help are now actually afraid to "reach out" in fear of getting ostracized for "trauma dumping." That is why I abhor these TikTok "life coaches" whose advice include a bunch of therapy speak. What do you mean a person can't tell their friends their feelings and struggles? Not everyone has access to therapists. And majority of us just want to be heard.
@larastoned I experienced this behaviour rescently from an online community of women I bonded with and saw as friends.

This year has been the worst year of my life so much has gone wrong throughout the months and getting fired from my first full time job since graduating university has severely damaged my confidence. It was super toxic workplace. My boss was bullying arsehole and my much older work colleagues humiliated me and took advantage of my naivety and trusting nature. I shared my struggles on the r/ForeverAlonewomen discord group I belonged too.

These women all knew this year has been a difficult year for me but still the moderator cruelly shames me over me being honest about my feelings. The femcel arsehole moderator makes the entire thing about herself. She brought up her own toxic workplace experience, how it harmed her mental health and publicly shamed me infront of everyone knowing I was already vulnerable even bringing up my old posts irrelevant poets. She even complained about how my posts are too long for her liking even though I wrote 3 straight to the point paragraphs, the other women in the server started to whine about me these women were quiet the entire time now they decide to complain. She criticised me and told me to "see a therapist" and to "stop rehashing trauma"

The women who I was always nice everyday to sided with the moderator and they all ulimately drove me out of the community. Being driven out of a community I cared about has been spent hurtful.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: DeadlineDialer and IBM0000
larastoned

larastoned

bpd | adhd
Oct 5, 2023
@larastoned I experienced this behaviour rescently from an online community of women I bonded with and saw as friends.

This year has been the worst year of my life so much has gone wrong throughout the months and getting fired from my first full time job since graduating university has severely damaged my confidence. It was super toxic workplace. My boss was bullying arsehole and my much older work colleagues humiliated me and took advantage of my naivety and trusting nature. I shared my struggles on the r/ForeverAlonewomen discord group I belonged too.

These women all knew this year has been a difficult year for me but still the moderator cruelly shames me over me being honest about my feelings. The femcel arsehole moderator makes the entire thing about herself. She brought up her own toxic workplace experience, how it harmed her mental health and publicly shamed me infront of everyone knowing I was already vulnerable even bringing up my old posts irrelevant poets. She even complained about how my posts are too long for her liking even though I wrote 3 straight to the point paragraphs, the other women in the server started to whine about me these women were quiet the entire time now they decide to complain. She criticised me and told me to "see a therapist" and to "stop rehashing trauma"

The women who I was always nice everyday to sided with the moderator and they all ulimately drove me out of the community. Being driven out of a community I cared about has been spent hurtful.
I'm so sorry. That is terrible. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when a member of an online MH Community CTB, and it was only then that those MH "advocates" showered her mentions (i.e. on her last post) with platitudes. You know the worst part is? Her last post was literally about calling for help and trying to reach out to others. It was sickening. Vile.

I hope you found your support in this forum, and if not, I hope you ultimately find one. You are also free to "trauma-dump" to me anytime. X

• Hugs
Reactions: FireFox, DeadlineDialer and IBM0000
StellaSomnus

StellaSomnus

Dormies sicut stellae luceant
Aug 18, 2023
I live in the UK as well and recently tried to get mental health help and it was awful. I'll make a thread about it soon.

I had a few calls with MH practitioners and crisis support and it became abundantly clear that they were not interested in my MH, they're only here to do the bare minimum to keep me alive, and they're essentially telling me to just stop having mental health issues.

I find it funny we have these 'mental health awareness' virtue signalling bs but nobody wants to address the elephant in the room. Young people trying to live a normal life are working harder than ever just to reach the same level as their parents decades ago. My workplace has this mental health awareness crap but they don't want to address the insultingly low pay, stringent contract and work conditions, but they're happy to spent a lot in printing banners on MH awareness. I find a lot of my coworkers doing overtime just to make ends meet and that is sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: FireFox, DeadlineDialer, kitch and 1 other person
S

seekingpeacefulend

Apr 13, 2023
People still stop you tolerate you suffering when it's strangers. Have no family totally isolated and I wouldn't even be missed until someone complained about snell. I literally have no one who contacts me. The only couple I have if I don't contact them I hear from no one. When I had money I had lots of friends now nothing. I never get contacted . Used to have people ring every day now nothing. I'm worthless friendless lover eith no hope . Life of suffering pain and no quality of life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Trakehner and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
People still stop you tolerate you suffering when it's strangers. Have no family totally isolated and I wouldn't even be missed until someone complained about snell. I literally have no one who contacts me. The only couple I have if I don't contact them I hear from no one. When I had money I had lots of friends now nothing. I never get contacted . Used to have people ring every day now nothing. I'm worthless friendless lover eith no hope . Life of suffering pain and no quality of life

@seekingpeacefulend >When I had money I had lots of friends now nothing. I never get contacted.

Those were not friends true friends accept you for who you are and don't care about how much money you have. Those people were users and leeches, horrible people you are better off without. I have relatives who are biggest freeloading pieces of shit that use people and are only nice to my family when we have money or something we own the relatives want.

I can spot freeloaders a mile away. Loneliness is a major issue in society and it is sad seeing people taking for granted having caring friends and family in their lives. Caring friends and family is a blessing.

Society only cares about couples and people with children. If you are single and childless no one cares about us but the government have the audacity to demand our taxes while doing nothing to help improve our lives. This is why at 30 I plan to kill myself.
I live in the UK as well and recently tried to get mental health help and it was awful. I'll make a thread about it soon.

I had a few calls with MH practitioners and crisis support and it became abundantly clear that they were not interested in my MH, they're only here to do the bare minimum to keep me alive, and they're essentially telling me to just stop having mental health issues.

I find it funny we have these 'mental health awareness' virtue signalling bs but nobody wants to address the elephant in the room. Young people trying to live a normal life are working harder than ever just to reach the same level as their parents decades ago. My workplace has this mental health awareness crap but they don't want to address the insultingly low pay, stringent contract and work conditions, but they're happy to spent a lot in printing banners on MH awareness. I find a lot of my coworkers doing overtime just to make ends meet and that is sad.
@StellaSomnus A good quality of live can make an enormous difference in peoples lives. Our parents believe if you work hard you will go far but most older people do not understand how fiercely competitive and unfair the job market is.

We have plenty of university graduates that can't find work in their field while there are many people who are not even qualified getting jobs because mummy and daddy had contacts or friends working in the company. There is too much gatekeeping in workplaces for higher level positions and employers don't want train people making harder to find employment.

Mental health has now become a big business enterprise for British influencers and celebrities to cash in and boost their image it is disgusting how it has been allowed to happen.

The truth is it takes a lot of time and resources to help a mentally vulnerable person and let's be honest no one wants that responsibility so it is easier for people to virtual signal about mental health while doing nothing about mental health. Society sees mentally ill people as an inconvenience to their normal lives rather than human beings in need of comfort and support.
I'm so sorry. That is terrible. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when a member of an online MH Community CTB, and it was only then that those MH "advocates" showered her mentions (i.e. on her last post) with platitudes. You know the worst part is? Her last post was literally about calling for help and trying to reach out to others. It was sickening. Vile.

I hope you found your support in this forum, and if not, I hope you ultimately find one. You are also free to "trauma-dump" to me anytime. X
@larastoned A lot of mental health advocates( including those who use their experiences of mental illness as a platform for advocacy and campaigning ) from my experience and observation a lot of them are the a bunch of arseholes pretending to be saints watch their true colours come out when someone reaches out.

When my depression started in my early 20s I used to belong to a depression support online community until I left. The moderator and creator died earlier this year just seeing all the rescent social media tributes about how the moderator was a lovely woman who helped many vulnerable people I just can't get over how she allowed her online community to bully and judge me at my lowest point in my life all because I expressed honestly my deepest pain which she and community didn't agree with.

During the covid19 pandemic I mentioned on the forum as truthfully as possible that sometimes i wished I died of covid19 because I don't really deserve to be alive in this world. The moderator of the site she attacked me and she said my comments are "insulting " and she talked about how she has been shielding during the pandemic. Another site member she was the biggest bully and she criticised me on the site. She brought up about her cousin died of covid19 and didn't get to say goodbye. She called me "selfish" and said I didn't "understand" what i was talking about. She is in her 40s and also she said " I wish I was young, had a law degree and a caring family "She attacked me on the site the moderator along with all the site members sided with her as she continued builled me. I end up being accused of attacking her when I tried to defend myself.

I only feel sorry for her 3 kids left behind and her family but that woman is not a nice person. Everyone is treating her like saint and an angel but the day she treated with her judgemental behaviour, hostility and even allowing her members to bully me she showed her true colours which is not a nice person and absolutely nothing like the saint she has been painted out to be.
I add to this thread that in the US, once someone "reaches out" to a Suicide Prevention Org, and/or a therapist, the focus immediately shifts from the suicidal person to the legal protection of the "professional."
To risk speaking honestly, as occurs on this site, is to guarantee forced hospitalization in order to protect the licensed therapist.
Essentially, you will be cornered and punished by forced inpatient capture because you are speaking honestly.
There are canned questions:
Do you have a plan?
Do you have the means to carry out that plan ? (Gun, meds, rope, etc.
When are you planning to do this?

If you answer "yes" and you have a date in mind, you are captured against your will and locked up.

This is why this site is so important. Some of us need to speak freely for many different reasons, personal to us and we should not be captured and punished for this.
@peaches I pointed out to my family how hypocritcical society is when a wealthy celebrity opens up about being suicidal or struggling mentally compared when poor and working class people do it.

During the Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle addimtted she was suicidal while pregnant with Archie. The big man baby piers Morgan didn't believe her however many celebrities in the USA called her brave and inspiring. The British mental health charity mind called her brave.

if Meghan was a mother on low Income and on welfare she will receive NO sympathy from society and faces a high risk of losing her children. I watched a documentary on itv about a mother on benefits struggling and she talked about her mental health. People on twitter were calling her a bad mother . In real life if a mother from a low income background admits she suicidal and seeks help ,social services do get involved. Some mothers have lost their children. Some social workers are not that good and can cause problems.

The NHS even on their website section on postnatal depression has a declaimer reassuring women they will not have their babies taken away by social services if they seek help for postnatal depression. British mothers suffering from postnatal depression were refusing to get help because they were scared social services would take their babies away that is why the NHS now included that message of reassurance

There is a perception in society that if a women is mentally ill she is incapable of being a good mother which is not fair at all. Mental illness is a spectrum from mild to severe. Mentally ill people need help and support not judgement

Society is so hypocritical when it comes to suicide of women/mothers . Poor women get NO sympathy whereas middle class/wealthy women do. Her interview with Oprah just proved how hypocritical society truly is.
That's crazy . What's wrong with some parents.
@MeltingBrain In my 20s I developed anoxeria during the lockdown. My mother expeess concern about my lack of eating, weight loss and I do not even care how upset or concerned she is. I don't give a shit how upset my family are over my eating disorder.

She knew mentally I was not alright throughout the years but always treated me like a massive inconvenience over my issues now she wants to care because the realises the true extent of the problem.

It's too late now. I found a way of numbing all the depression and anxiety she is not taking that away from me. I know I am dying young . I really wanted to live but nobody cared enough to listen when I reached out everyone in my life treated like an inconvenience, an annoyance,dismissed me and just didn't want to know

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I will never seek help again after what I've been through. It was a metaphor for my life, being used by a psychiatrist to get weekly pay and in return being prescribed 12 different drugs which were absolute disasters and made me 1000 times crazier then I could ever be naturally. Seeking help is a mistake and those who actually are helped are fortunate. I was victimized.
Every time I said the side effects were killing me I was told to either double the dose, or something else was tried on me. It turned out my thyroid wasn't working well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, FireFox and DeadlineDialer
O

osper1

Sep 21, 2023
The psychiatrists declared me psychotic when I said that the drugs were harming me. For me psychiatry is a business

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, FireFox and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
The psychiatrists declared me psychotic when I said that the drugs were harming me. For me psychiatry is a business
It is a business and they know it and are in it for the money. They tell everyone they need drugs and prescribe and prescribe not knowing or caring what the drugs do to them. It is all about getting paid.
And they prey on the most vulnerable, who put their trust in them out of desperation.