• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Let's talk about real acts for prevention...
Do there are ways? How would you like your family or friends do when they see you depressed?How can they talk to you?

Reactions: lemmeeleev, JulienSorel, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
By leaving me tf alone

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: JulienSorel, lemmeeleev, CatLove56 and 10 others
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Proper research into the conditions and not the quackery that happens now. Can put a man on the moon but can't treat depression without the use of things that do more damage than good

Reactions: lemmeeleev, DownFall, woxihuanni and 3 others
OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
I would begin societal reforms by emphasising that not all suicides are irrational. Not all suicides are preventable.

The narrative needs to change to acknowledge that suicides, in many instances, are in response to permanent (not temporary) problems and pain.

These may be difficult to digest for many but ignoring the truth and promoting empty platitudes only serves to alienate and isolate those with genuine intentions to end their life.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Mbound, DownFall and 2 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
We should hold a 'suicide acceptance day'.

• Love
Reactions: lemmeeleev, less than, EmptySteph62 and 10 others
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I read that it was. So how the fuck do they know how to prevent it? Answers on a postcard from the other side!

Reactions: lemmeeleev
OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
We should hold a 'suicide acceptance day'.
Unfortunately we will never witness such an event as humans are inherently terrified of death and any event which reminds them of their mortality.

• Love
Reactions: lemmeeleev and Wolfjob_dayjob
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Unfortunately we will never witness such an event as humans are inherently terrified of death and any event which reminds them of their mortality.

It's impossible to tell what the future may hold. The fear of death has been with humanity ever since it became conscious yet there were cultures where suicide was socially accepted although never all forms or for all reasons.

If suicide will never be accepted by society as you seem to think why do you hope for social reforms?

Last edited:
Reactions: lemmeeleev and Wolfjob_dayjob
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I read that it was. So how the fuck do they know how to prevent it? Answers on a postcard from the other side!

This is one thing I thought when I saw what day it was, my next thought was *when's it going to be national have a shit day* Sorry just seems to be a day for everything now, i swear half is made up bull shit to make others feel good about themselves!

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Stan
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
If suicide will never be accepted by society as you claim why do you hope for social reforms?
It all goes back to the religion thing again, even though there is separation from state and church in most countries, it cannot be denied that the church has a big influence on whether legislation in areas such as euthanasia are successful. There are a bunch of statistics out there from polls where questions such as euthanasia and whether it is right or not. Without knowing how they posed the question or its context, I was surprised at how many people said that in principle they supported it.

But in principle 'suicide prevention' is pointless unless there is a truly positive action that can be done to help the individual and give them a successful recovery. To me its like a 'xxxxx cancer awareness day'. Check certain parts of your bodies for lumps and get early treatment. That's great because for a lot of people it works. But for something like depression that comes in many forms, shapes and sizes, nope. I personally do not believe any health system in the world could cope with treating everyone as an individual for recovery which is why they group things now to come up with a templated format for treatment.

Reactions: lemmeeleev
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
It all goes back to the religion thing again, even though there is separation from state and church in most countries, it cannot be denied that the church has a big influence on whether legislation in areas such as euthanasia are successful. There are a bunch of statistics out there from polls where questions such as euthanasia and whether it is right or not. Without knowing how they posed the question or its context, I was surprised at how many people said that in principle they supported it.

But in principle 'suicide prevention' is pointless unless there is a truly positive action that can be done to help the individual and give them a successful recovery. To me its like a 'xxxxx cancer awareness day'. Check certain parts of your bodies for lumps and get early treatment. That's great because for a lot of people it works. But for something like depression that comes in many forms, shapes and sizes, nope. I personally do not believe any health system in the world could cope with treating everyone as an individual for recovery which is why they group things now to come up with a templated format for treatment.

Obviously but that's not what I was referring to nor did I deny it. My question pertained to the apparant discrepancy between thinking suicide will never be accepted yet proposing or hoping for reforms that might make that possible.

Reactions: Stan
Futility

Futility

Student
Aug 13, 2019
Sometimes I think of CTB on days such as those just to spite the system.

Does this make me petty? Probably.
They all speak of suicide prevention but nobody wants to talk about what brought us to that point, I was told straight to my face by a "friend" that he's okay with me being lobotomized chemically just so that I won't have the ability to die.
But he'll be the first to put his dog down out of respect once he realizes that the dog no longer has even an ounce of dignity!
Hypocrisy!!!

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: OnlyMercy, ScorpiusDragon, Bathsheba and 2 others
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
If they were so great at suicide prevention it wouldn't be going up. They don't treat all the factors that could be impacting someone's life and pushing them towards killing themselves. The whole thing is broken.

Reactions: Futility
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Ok, I felt more suicidal yesterday because the reports everywhere about this prevention day... Fuck off world! :mmm:

• Hugs
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I kept seeing all these posts about robin williams and just kept thinking fuck off... you probably have someone in your inner circle who is suicidal maybe give a shit about them instead...

on topic: There really is nothing anyone can say or do at any given moment that will help. For me (and many) it's not a passing emotion and there is no magic bullet and a lot of times no solutions at all. Just be kinder ALL the time

but that is much to ask of anyone no less everyone. People are selfish at their best moments..

Reactions: Soundgarden
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
They would see red flags and/or press me/probe me for more details and really assess whether I am an imminent risk or danger to myself. If so, then it's likely they would take measures to intervene. I would of course, be resentful if I had truly planned to die (not impulsively or anything, but well thought out) and someone got in the way and interfered with that. I do know that if somehow I was stopped before doing it, then I'd likely try again (probably with a more risky method) partly out of spite towards society and the people who wouldn't respect my wishes or choice. Since I have no immediate plan on dying anytime soon, I'm just coping with life on a daily basis.

Also, others have good responses, especially @Futility about the hypocrisy of humans towards each other (they would rather a fellow human being suffer while letting an animal go with dignity and as peacefully as possible).

• Love
JulienSorel

JulienSorel

Aug 28, 2019
Suicide prevention day is a little bit like having a water drinking day, or walking around day.