• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

QueerBeerBoi

QueerBeerBoi

Apr 23, 2018
I see a lot of members posting drafts/finals of their suicide notes and well... I never really understood why. So... why would you see a suicide note as a beneficial thing? Just curious - since I don't think I could ever write anything meaningful or useful for anyone reading.

L

letmeoutmp3

May 2, 2018
i just want to make sure my friends and family know it's not their fault... i've written many drafts before but i always end up throwing it away.
i also want them to understand why i did it, i don't want them trying to figure out something i can just explain to them before i go

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I'm just writing one to let them know i committed suicide. The location i picked my body might be sitting there for a few days so i dont want them thinking someone else did me in, once they recieve the delayed text message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyanide
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I think it's best to leave a note if there are any people who care about you. It will not lessen their grief, but it will at least help them understand why you did it. I mean, they won't really understand, but I think over time, it will help if they know that your decision was "rational" and not just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

Another member posted this guide about writing suicide notes:
https://archive.ashspace.org/ashbusstop.org/Note.html

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
I'm not sure about leaving a note, as I'm hoping the only person that would need it passes before the end of my rope. But for me it'd just be about enabling the mourning process for the loved ones left behind.

I wouldn't want unanswered questions getting in the way of that. Not that there's an answer that'll particularly help, but the idea is it's better than nothing.

From a more selfish perspective I also really don't want anyone thinking or suggesting it was anything but my decision. It's not impulsive or irrational like they always like to claim. I simply (and consistently) want out.

L

letmeoutmp3

May 2, 2018
i have one problem tho, some of my friends are online friends, that don't speak my main language, the ones that do would probably find out somehow, maybe through my family on facebook, but i have no idea how to give my online friends a note and i feel like they deserve it just as much as the irl friends

i'm scared i post something somewhere and then end up failing. that would be very emberrassing

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
i have one problem tho, some of my friends are online friends, that don't speak my main language, the ones that do would probably find out somehow, maybe through my family on facebook, but i have no idea how to give my online friends a note and i feel like they deserve it just as much as the irl friends

i'm scared i post something somewhere and then end up failing. that would be very emberrassing

Hi Letmeout, there's an email app called Boomerang that lets you send delayed emails from your own email address. You can write individual emails and set them to be sent at a certain date.

If you're worried about failing, you could set it to be sent in 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, etc. That way if you fail, you can just cancel the email.

L

letmeoutmp3

May 2, 2018
Hi Letmeout, there's an email app called Boomerang that lets you send delayed emails from your own email address. You can write individual emails and set them to be sent at a certain date.

If you're worried about failing, you could set it to be sent in 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, etc. That way if you fail, you can just cancel the email.
hey thanks! that's really useful

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
If anything, I do not understand how a note would NOT be beneficial for those who stay behind.

buyersremorse

buyersremorse

useless
Feb 16, 2023
i wrote notes before. not to anyone in particular, just drafts more like. out of a weird sense of unspoken 'tradition' almost, like it was what people who kill themselves are 'meant' to do. like taking your shoes off before jumping. a law i didn't want to break even if it doesnt mean anything. then i realised i had no one to address them to anyway, but it might make identifying my body easier for the poor group of whoever has to wipe brain matter off the floor.