• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
Here's a guide on how to write suicide notes.
https://archive.ashspace.org/ashbusstop.org/Note.html

It has lots of information, all self explanatory. Depending on your goal, there are different things to say. You get the idea.

As for the guilt of leaving my family and loved ones behind. There's no choice. This is the way things are right? And no one can change it right? Ain't that what everyone says....
I love them unconditionally and so do they. That love goes beyond anything in this world. Just because I'm not physically there it's over just like that? Is that really all we had? All my life since birth we've been toghether and that's all we have? That pitiful selfish "love"?

I like to believe what we have goes beyond anything in this world. That's why being dead or alive, in this universe or another, in this life or the afterlife, our love stays the same. Nothing can change that or corrupt it like all other things. Being so pure and eternal is what makes it special. So that's what I will tell my family before I catch the bus. That my love for them will always be there no matter what and that I know theirs will be with me too.
There's really not more I can give them, but hopefully this little is enough.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I have been slowly writing a letter, which is more of an autobiography of sorts and I am doing what I can to make sure no one feels like they were to blame for my death. As for guilty, it is there, of course, but I think my family will find the strength to move on. My mother and brother are very well aware that I am not happy in this life and that I wish for death, so it will probably not be a huge shock for them.

I do worry about my aunt, who is almost 70 years old and cares so much about me. I hope she doesn't have a break down or worse, die after knowing about my death.

Reactions: Aity4883
OneEyedUK

OneEyedUK

Mar 18, 2018
So because of my crap eye sight I only got to read so much of the article about suicide notes..
Have to admit some good points, but I'm a real simpleton.. and that just made the whole thing into something akin to passing a university exam...
My own personal advise, read it all if you must.. take note of the points that matter to you.. and just write the dam note/letter.. cause your loved ones are going be a wreck... anything is going to be better than nothing at all... IMHO.
My ex wife died instantly 5 yrs ago.. and she had written notes many years previous, in case she died during one of her many operations. I can tell you these notes broke virtually every rule in that article.. but my youngest still has her's in a frame on her wall!

ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
I'm still not sure whether I'll end up leaving a proper note or not yet.

Reactions: Aity4883
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I really don't want to bother with a note. I just wrote a short one basically stating it's suicide, not homicide, and that I did it due to health issues. I drove everyone out of my life in preparation for this so I don't care to babble on about people in my note. The right to die should be a fundamental right, screw people that don't respect other's rights. And if someone wants me to live on when I'm miserable, so they don't feel bad, they don't give a crap about me anyways, they only care about their psychological attachment to me. Just my personal perspective.

That said, I think if I did love someone to the extent I'd feel perpetually guilty about leaving them, I'd let them know my intentions beforehand. Well if I loved someone to such a degree I wouldn't kill myself unless they gave me their blessing, tbh. Ive only met 4 people worth that much in my whole life, and they're good people who would've respected my choice...

A

alien

Apr 8, 2018
I won't write a note as everyone I know is extremely selfish and have stabbed me in the front and back during and immediately after the worst times of my life.

I plan on doing a car crash at max speed on a stormy day... You ever wonder how many single driver "accidents" are suicides, probably most if not all of them. People will latch onto whatever fantasy works for them so if they "believe" it's an accident they can move on in life.

I will also curse this planet and all of humanity when I go out as well. Every little bit helps ;)

voyle

voyle

Apr 8, 2018
I won't write a note as everyone I know is extremely selfish and have stabbed me in the front and back during and immediately after the worst times of my life.

I plan on doing a car crash at max speed on a stormy day... You ever wonder how many single driver "accidents" are suicides, probably most if not all of them. People will latch onto whatever fantasy works for them so if they "believe" it's an accident they can move on in life.

I will also curse this planet and all of humanity when I go out as well. Every little bit helps ;)

You can write something fd up. Write a note saying that the person who backstabbed you was just blackmailing you and you couldn't handle the pressure and had to do this. That person will taste some of your pain.

Don't curse the planet or humanity - it's pointless. The only thing that you can do is mess with the mind of people that know you/are close.

You can always go with something funny like - I always felt like I'm a penguin inside and this was the only way to have the possibilty to reincarnate as one.

or something petty like - Yesterday, I placed my spoon in the place where my forks go. I can't live like that. Bye!

There is so many possibilities. Thinking of it and writing it can give you a bit of happiness in your last days. Come on! Your death will bring some attention - use it for some fun.

I thought of writing "Whoever reads it will be cursed and haunted by my ghost form".

ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
You can always go with something funny like - I always felt like I'm a penguin inside and this was the only way to have the possibilty to reincarnate as one.

or something petty like - Yesterday, I placed my spoon in the place where my forks go. I can't live like that. Bye!

There is so many possibilities. Thinking of it and writing it can give you a bit of happiness in your last days. Come on! Your death will bring some attention - use it for some fun.

I thought of writing "Whoever reads it will be cursed and haunted by my ghost form.
Makes me wonder if I should just write some comedy routine about my death.

Reactions: voyle
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
I'm separating "note" from "instructions." The latter will be more comprehensive, no doubt. As to the more personal note, I struggle with the issue as well as the guilt.

Many notes, when they aren't "don't forget to water the roses," seem to boil down to the statement No More or I'm Sorry and that's all she wrote. I suspect that I will skip that part.

The guilt is present to a degree. I am not doing this in a way to lash out at anyone; if I were, I would feel less guilty over it. I can think of only two people who might be negatively affected in a non-emotional manner, that's it.

Reactions: itstoolateforme
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I'm writing a note only to inform and confirm to others that i chose to take my own life. Thats the only reason im writing a note and thats the only thing im writing in it. Normally i wouldnt write a note at all since its pretty self explanatory when someone kills themselves, but the method im going to use and the location that im picking may imply otherwise (that someone else did it). I want them to know i killed myself and not someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonnenblume
123asdr123

123asdr123

Mar 17, 2018
not sure thats a good idea even if theres a remote possibility of the note beening found be4 act

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
not sure thats a good idea even if theres a remote possibility of the note beening found be4 act
Agreed, thats why the notes going to be on me and im sending a delayed message to inform them of my location.

Ani198

Ani198

Jan 17, 2021
I wrote a draft of my suicide note and it was found by my parents. I made my excuse of "I was having an awful day and felt shitty because of (x thing that happened). I'm not actually suicidal, I just wasn't feeling great."

It worked and I haven't heard anything about it since.