• Making a video/audio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
Are you typing it up or writing it up by hand?

My handwriting is awful, so I'm afraid someone won't be able to read it properly and mess up any wishes or important details I may write. If someone wants a copy of my note, they'd have to scan and copy it so only one person may keep the original one. But if I typed it out, it'll be much neater and I can make a bunch of copies for people to keep as a souvenir. I realised that I don't know anybody's email except for maybe 2 people - I only have phone numbers saved in my contact list, so that's why I'll have to print out the note. The only problem here is I don't express myself as clearly and open as I would with pencil in hand and paper in front of me.

So I'm wondering what everybody else, who's deciding to make a suicide letter, where and how they're going to express their letter.

P

Phro

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I've typed a short note on my phone. Now I just need to email it to myself and print it out.

Reactions: Desperate_Soul
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Typed and hand signed and dated.

Reactions: lv-gras and Desperate_Soul
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Are you typing it up or writing it up by hand?

My handwriting is awful, so I'm afraid someone won't be able to read it properly and mess up any wishes or important details I may write. If someone wants a copy of my note, they'd have to scan and copy it so only one person may keep the original one. But if I typed it out, it'll be much neater and I can make a bunch of copies for people to keep as a souvenir. I realised that I don't know anybody's email except for maybe 2 people - I only have phone numbers saved in my contact list, so that's why I'll have to print out the note. The only problem here is I don't express myself as clearly and open as I would with pencil in hand and paper in front of me.

So I'm wondering what everybody else, who's deciding to make a suicide letter, where and how they're going to express their letter.

You can always write out your thoughts and then type them from the written paper.

Reactions: lv-gras and BaconCheeseburger
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
Typed and hand signed and dated.

I didn't even think about hand signing it! Clever. I'll be taking this idea if I choose to type mine!

You can always write out your thoughts and then type them from the written paper.

Good idea, Smilla, I might just do that. I guess the effort to write and type will be worth it. I can be lazy after I die.

Reactions: lv-gras and Smilla
MissLisa

MissLisa

Student
Sep 13, 2018
Hand writing it, I have already done my final wishes and practical info by hand. I will also be hand writing personal letters to people. Typing seems too official and impersonal.

Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Typing mostly , a few special people are getting handwritten ones.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
Type it first to get all the errors out and change my mind about things and all that, then copy it into handwritten paper.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
If I do write letters, they'll be delayed emails. The note I put in front of my body will most likely be typed, and will include helpful notes on cleaning up - at least, I hope it helps - and will ask them to not call my parents unless I'm dead. I want to send delayed emails to some close friends and my parents to hopefully offer closure, but I don't think I can write coherently enough to explain how I'm feeling.

Reactions: betteroffdead and Desperate_Soul
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Record it in your voice recorder on your phone so audio . That way they can replay my farewell speech all the time and hear the emotion in my voice . It's very effective.

Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Record it in your voice recorder on your phone so audio . That way they can replay my farewell speech all the time and hear the emotion in my voice . It's very effective.
I think this is a nice idea. When a friend of mine died, I was so happy to find I still had a voicemail from her. I just wanted to hear her voice.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

The only place most people are going to take this is:

"My name is Hannah. Hannah Baker."

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
Hmmm, I do have some voice recordings of me singing that I've kept private from the people close to me, but public to the internet... maybe I should leave those around somewhere for them. It's a bit embarrassing though, lol. So maybe not.