FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just absurd to me how many people worship existence and all the suffering it causes to the point that they see suicide as something so terrible. Even when people technically "support" the right to cease existing they often say that suicide is a tragedy that must be the last resort no matter what. I just don't understand what is supposedly so beneficial and valuable about existing to justify those views on suicide, I wish that ceasing to exist is seen as something positive and relieving instead, the tragedy lies in how people so selfishly decide to procreate instead.

I see ceasing to exist as a positive thing as only the existing are capable of suffering, not the dead, and this hellish, cruel world is filled with endless suffering. If one no longer exists they are at peace, existence isn't their problem anymore and they aren't burdened with the curse that is existence. Simply just existing is very futile and harmful as there is no limit as to how much one can suffer all while they are waiting to just decay and die anyway.
Death erases all our suffering, all is forgotten about in the absence everything, for me ceasing to exist would be a rational solution to prevent all future unnecessary suffering rather than a "last resort", and there is nothing tragic about being unable to suffer in an dreamless and eternal sleep.

Reactions: metri, Seered Doom, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I can agree with this. Suicide isn't a bad thing and frankly, the idea that it is does more to make me suicidal. If suicide weren't villainized and made taboo, those who wish for it would be able to ctb peacefully and those who genuinely want recovery can get it without being locked up.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
traumer

traumer

the thorn
Nov 18, 2023
In my perspective, it's not a terrible thing but it is surely anormal. It doesn't always mean that something is bad just because it's not the norm but it's also not realistic to expect people to look positively into suicide when they all came to this world basically just to survive and breed. Even though that's the reason people came to this world not everyone is supposed to act right into a certain way, people should also have the freedom to be anormal. I mean we should be able to know what is going to happen if we do something and at the same time we should be able to say "fuck the consequences i'm gonna do it either ways" (of course it's about the things that effecting the person's own only)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori