• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
If you have never been close to that edge try not to judge what you don't understand." - Matt Haig

• Love
Reactions: Astronauta, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, croctears and 12 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I agree, although I do not see it as a tragedy, it is simply anticipating a part of the life cycle that will eventually pass. Someone recently called me "anti-life" for taking this position, not knowing that my position is pro-choice.

• Love
Reactions: one.way.out, MagentaScorpio, Null Hypothesis and 5 others
PaxAmerica

PaxAmerica

Just Passing
Apr 15, 2021
Drinking, smoking, drugs, driving fast, eating red meat, sunbathing, workaholic etc all pose dangers to long term life span but people do them. We only look down on suicide because its immediate. But there's not so much difference.

Reactions: Maaizr, demuic, toforigivelife and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, suicide is certainly not selfish. We didn't ask to be born and suffer, so it isn't like we have any obligations to stay alive. People who have not reached the point, will never be able to comprehend what it is like, so it is true, they shouldn't judge.

• Love
Reactions: Astronauta, Null Hypothesis, overcomingfear and 5 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I agree. It is often a result of unbearable suffering. Wanting to stop such pain is understandable, not selfish.

However, I find the "selfishness" debate rather redundant. I so often see people accuse us of being selfish, pushing us into a corner and forcing us to defend ourselves.

"Suicide is selfish" is almost always an ad hominem attack made by those that are adamantly opposed to suicide. It is a low blow and the trick up their sleeves when they cannot effectively explain why suicide is so unacceptable. Instead of re-evaluating their rhetoric and reconsidering their response to this topic, they resort to gaslighting, guilt-tripping and victim-blaming.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Whether someone is selfish or not is a moot point and I can truthfully think of far worse things a person can be. Is "selfishness" really that reprehensible? Surely everyone is selfish - everyone does things that are motivated by their own feelings, needs and wants every single day. Very few people do everything exclusively for others without ever thinking of their own desires, needs or interests. In the case of living or dying, this is a crucial choice and absolutely should be about the individual's own needs and wishes first and foremost, not about what their families, friends and society all want.

If not wanting to trudge onwards with incurable illnesses, constant chronic pain and insurmountable trauma makes me "selfish", so be it.

A greedy corporation that takes advantage of its employees and pays a pittance, a society that systemically fails its most disadvantaged and disparaged, a parent that abuses, neglects and projects their own crushed dreams onto their children are all examples of extreme, shocking selfishness and ruthlessness, yet they are far more socially accepted and less shamed than suicide.

Remarks which belittle, dismiss, insult and invalidate suicidal individuals derail more important discussions about suicide, such as contributing factors that lead to death (e.g. poverty, poor health, scarce or nonexistent support etc), autonomy and dignity. It is blatant emotional manipulation of pro-choice and suicidal people.

More relevant than selfishness is that many individuals who take their own lives are suffering unbearably. This is not always the case and it is worth mentioning that everyone should be the only person entitled to decide whether they live or die, without having to bend over backwards to justify themselves.

However, asking someone who is suffering to carry on and continue fighting without the necessary provisions and resources to alleviate that suffering (or in situations where it is insurmountable) is more than simply selfish - it is utterly cruel.

More relevant than selfishness is dignity, choice and our rights. If everyone has a right to live, we should also have a right to die. None of us choose to be born, and unfortunately most of us don't get to choose how we die, either. This seems rather inhumane, to expect every person to die from an accident, illness, murder or old age, just because this is more "socially acceptable" than taking things into our own hands.

Opting out of the oppressive and frankly suffocating status quo that involves prolonging life at all costs irrespective of the consequences is far from selfish - it is sane in an inherently insane world. We should all have our wishes regarding the end of our lives respected and supported, instead of ridiculed and shamed. We should all be entitled to choice and dignity when it comes to our own bodies, our own lives and our own deaths. We should all be allowed to say "Enough is enough" when we feel it is our time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, it's_all_a_game, one.way.out and 8 others
L

Lost

Apr 18, 2018
I got told only losers commit Suizid. Like said before. ā€¦ someone who was never on the edge has no clue. I have one failed attempt so I am called a loser and selfish about only thinking about myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: MagentaScorpio, Null Hypothesis, Promortalist_ and 2 others
PaxAmerica

PaxAmerica

Just Passing
Apr 15, 2021
I am not saying its a good think but suicide either takes courage or stupidity. I am not sure which i am but i want kill myself.

Reactions: toforigivelife
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I can't stand it when people try and guilt-trip the suicidal by haranguing them about how it's "selfish". When someone says this, all it does is make me feel even more alienated, and want to ctb even more. Try to actually be a friend, or fuck off and let me ctb in peace.

Reactions: one.way.out, Maaizr, Null Hypothesis and 7 others
PaxAmerica

PaxAmerica

Just Passing
Apr 15, 2021
I can't stand it when people try and guilt-trip the suicidal by haranguing them about how it's "selfish". When someone says this, all it does is make me feel even more alienated, and want to ctb even more. Try to actually be a friend, or fuck off and let me ctb in peace.
I think if prople really cared we would have better mental health services. Truth sadly i think is people have a secret enjoyment seeing ithers suffer. It a guilty feeling of "better them than me" or "my life aint so bad".
But social norms and the good side of them means they display sympathy and stand against suicide. Its actually fake. Not many people really care.

Reactions: one.way.out, demuic and toforigivelife
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
A person who opts to no longer seek treatment for cancer is not considered selfish. They are understood and treated with compassion.

A disease of the mind or soul is just as devastating and deadly as any terminal illness.

The "selfish" philosophy only adds another layer of torment on the mind of a person whose mind is already anguished. It's a shame tactic used to prevent people from ending their suffering.

I don't want to hurt anyone.

I just wish that they'd accept that I made the decision, be comforted that it was my decision and please let me go in peace.

I recently told a relative that I cannot keep propping myself up so that others won't feel sad.
I agree. It is often a result of unbearable suffering. Wanting to stop such pain is understandable, not selfish.

However, I find the "selfishness" debate rather redundant. I so often see people accuse us of being selfish, pushing us into a corner and forcing us to defend ourselves.

"Suicide is selfish" is almost always an ad hominem attack made by those that are adamantly opposed to suicide. It is a low blow and the trick up their sleeves when they cannot effectively explain why suicide is so unacceptable. Instead of re-evaluating their rhetoric and reconsidering their response to this topic, they resort to gaslighting, guilt-tripping and victim-blaming.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Whether someone is selfish or not is a moot point and I can truthfully think of far worse things a person can be. Is "selfishness" really that reprehensible? Surely everyone is selfish - everyone does things that are motivated by their own feelings, needs and wants every single day. Very few people do everything exclusively for others without ever thinking of their own desires, needs or interests. In the case of living or dying, this is a crucial choice and absolutely should be about the individual's own needs and wishes first and foremost, not about what their families, friends and society all want.

If not wanting to trudge onwards with incurable illnesses, constant chronic pain and insurmountable trauma makes me "selfish", so be it.

A greedy corporation that takes advantage of its employees and pays a pittance, a society that systemically fails its most disadvantaged and disparaged, a parent that abuses, neglects and projects their own crushed dreams onto their children are all examples of extreme, shocking selfishness and ruthlessness, yet they are far more socially accepted and less shamed than suicide.

Remarks which belittle, dismiss, insult and invalidate suicidal individuals derail more important discussions about suicide, such as contributing factors that lead to death (e.g. poverty, poor health, scarce or nonexistent support etc), autonomy and dignity. It is blatant emotional manipulation of pro-choice and suicidal people.

More relevant than selfishness is that many individuals who take their own lives are suffering unbearably. This is not always the case and it is worth mentioning that everyone should be the only person entitled to decide whether they live or die, without having to bend over backwards to justify themselves.

However, asking someone who is suffering to carry on and continue fighting without the necessary provisions and resources to alleviate that suffering (or in situations where it is insurmountable) is more than simply selfish - it is utterly cruel.

More relevant than selfishness is dignity, choice and our rights. If everyone has a right to live, we should also have a right to die. None of us choose to be born, and unfortunately most of us don't get to choose how we die, either. This seems rather inhumane, to expect every person to die from an accident, illness, murder or old age, just because this is more "socially acceptable" than taking things into our own hands.

Opting out of the oppressive and frankly suffocating status quo that involves prolonging life at all costs irrespective of the consequences is far from selfish - it is sane in an inherently insane world. We should all have our wishes regarding the end of our lives respected and supported, instead of ridiculed and shamed. We should all be entitled to choice and dignity when it comes to our own bodies, our own lives and our own deaths. We should all be allowed to say "Enough is enough" when we feel it is our time.
"We should all be allowed to say "Enough is enough" when we feel it is our time."

Well said.

Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, MagentaScorpio, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
Promortalist_

Promortalist_

Celebrate Death Mourn Life
Jul 5, 2021
When people say suicide is selfish, I find that opposite is true. By living in this world, you are contributing to harming the environment, plastic waste, pollution (polluting the water, transportation), hurting the wildlife (with all that plastic waste, buying products with palm oil, etc..), deforestation etc. Aside from all the environmental damage, we are also contributing unfair/unethical labor practices (most of our clothing and things we buy comes from underpaid workers in third world countries). People don't realize how one human is responsible for so much suffering and pain.

So by completing suicide, I would not only be putting an end to my suffering but also others around me. I don't feel bad, this is the best opportunity for me to make a positive impact on the world.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: OceanBlue, one.way.out, demuic and 4 others
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
When people say suicide is selfish, I find that opposite is true. By living in this world, you are contributing to harming the environment, plastic waste, pollution, hurting the wildlife (with all that plastic waste, buying products with palm oil, etc..), deforestation etc. Aside from all the environmental damage, we are also contributing unfair/unethical labor practices (most of our clothing and things we buy comes from underpaid workers in third world countries). People don't realize how one of us is responsible for so much suffering and pain.
I understand that there are people who cannot fathom ending their own life.

But when you spend decades carrying on because you don't want to hurt others you begin to feel that, on some level, they are the ones who are being selfish by wanting to keep suffering the way that you've been suffering for so long.

And, yes, fewer people in the world is good for nature and God's creatures.

• Love
Reactions: one.way.out, Null Hypothesis and Promortalist_
Rhaiyne

Rhaiyne

"To be - or not to be.... That is the question"
Jul 4, 2021
I got told only losers commit Suizid. Like said before. ā€¦ someone who was never on the edge has no clue. I have one failed attempt so I am called a loser and selfish about only thinking about myself.
That's just it.... being that low and that desperate is so horrible. We would not wish that on someone we love. However, only thinking about myself.... for me.... as I explained to my counsellor.... its sometimes so annoying because all I do is think about others. If I didn't think of others I would have long since exited.

Reactions: Lost, demuic, Null Hypothesis and 2 others