TacoBell

TacoBell

May 18, 2020
God I hate when people say it's not a solution, like what the hell, clearly it is. And it's most certainly also an option, like how else would have people chosen it before ?
For real, why is suicide seen as such a shameful thing? Why can't we just let miserable people die, if an animal is clearly suffering they say "put it out of its misery," so why can't some nasty redneck put me out of mine?
Do people think that saying "it's not an option" is just going to cure the being suicidal ?
Maybe if there wasn't so much shame around it and people could talk openly about it then people could actually get better.. But alas :/

Reactions: Ktmnny, Mooshi, Bct and 5 others
M

Meowkin

Student
May 6, 2020
Suicide is definitely a solution. If the problem is life, suicide is a means to end that life and thus a solution.

Reactions: Ktmnny, Exitforme, Mooshi and 3 others
T

Thelonius

May 19, 2020
The Wikipedia article on suicide has some enlightening information regarding suicide and the past. My read of that article, and others, is that Christianity's influence is the prime driver for suicide being considered bad.

No one wants to help you - genuinely help you, not throw you in a locked hospital floor and stuff you full of drugs while they preach at you in "group" - but they'll all be in line to condemn you. Fuck their hypocrisy.

• Love
Reactions: Ktmnny, Mooshi, Bct and 3 others
TacoBell

TacoBell

May 18, 2020
My read of that article, and others, is that Christianity's influence is the prime driver for suicide being considered bad.

No one wants to help you - genuinely help you, not throw you in a locked hospital floor and stuff you full of drugs while they preach at you in "group" - but they'll all be in line to condemn you. Fuck their hypocrisy.
Seriously though that's why I started questioning the Christian church and eventually left that crap. After you've left it you start noticing a lot of sh*t those people do that's like genuinely f*cked...
I feel like Christianity at this point is like a very heavily normalized cult...