• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
My least favorite phrase in existence. It is so shitty to tell people that their problems are temporary when you don't know the person or when they really aren't. Sometimes it is a permanent solution to a permanent problem. It can also undermine what the person is going through.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
It depend on the person that's suicidal, the word "temporary" itself it's a subjextive matter, like how you detemine a temporary thing. I heard that some people cure their depression for about 8-10 year, and for me it's a fcking long time. Nobody cen determine this thing, everyone have their own standard or limitation

ilikemoais

ilikemoais

I'm getting on the bus to the other world, see ya!
Jun 22, 2023
Average frase that they heard from somewhere else and say it just because they have no idea how to actually help someone with suicidal toughs. Fr if u dont know how to actually help someone dont say cliche things, that just make us feel worse

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
Yes this is definitely something that people hear others say, and then repeat on because it sounds 'good'. I hate this phrase, I've heard it so many times from my friends, teachers, counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, etc.

Everyone who has said this to me was really privileged and had very little hardships in their life.

If my problems are so temporary, why am I still feeling this way years later? Besides, CTB should be a choice regardless of one's own situation, making the 'temporary problem' point moot.

Vesiira

Vesiira

Dreaming Of Being Buried
Nov 7, 2023
My least favorite phrase in existence. It is so shitty to tell people that their problems are temporary when you don't know the person or when they really aren't. Sometimes it is a permanent solution to a permanent problem. It can also undermine what the person is going through.
UGH I ALSO HATE THIS PHRASE SO MUCH. "Temporary"?????? There are people that have problems that are for LIFE. Things that CAN'T go away. That's more than just temporary. We have usually felt the way we feel for YEARS. After going through so much hurt, it feels like it will be forever. And it might. They don't get that some things aren't temporary.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I also hate this phrase. For me the problem is life itself and having to live life, it'll always be a permanent problem for me. Neurodivergence will stay with me for the rest of my life, I'll always have ADHD, social anxiety, and be on the spectrum. These problems are not temporary, and the latter (the most debilitating/severe/annoying one) can't be cured. I basically have trouble socializing and being a human being. This is a permanent problem and can't be solved.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's a very strange statement too. Like- what's so bad about a permanent solution? Do they prefer quick fixes then? Slapping a bandaid over the problem?

I do get it that they're insinuating that all problems pass. I doubt they have a clue though. That person could well have been suffering for years, even decades. There's nothing to stop more problems arising in the future too.

Plus, it makes it sound so simple and exterior. Many people realise that it's just as much about us as people. Our inability to cope with whatever life has chucked at us. That may not be something we feel we can substantially change. Illness of any kind isn't always fixable. It may be a matter of having to change who we are too- to better cope in this world but- what if we don't want that? The statement also totally dismisses choice. What if I'm tired of dealing with all these problems?

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
How the fuck would someone who would say something like that know what's temporary?
They are the same kind of people that poorly rationalize everything you say to them rather than actually being helpful.
I don't even bother talking anymore, I've finally realized it's worse than if I didn't speak at all.
I wouldn't even care either if they didn't make it so fucking hard to get the job done as a direct result of that dumb perspective.

On the other hand, I can interpret it as how the "temporary problem" is temporary because of the "permanent solution".
Who said the permanent solution was necessarily the wrong one?

Last edited:
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
A permanent solution?

Well then, that should suffice as an answer to every problem life could throw at you. Although, I suppose in this context, people say it because it's intended to show how much of extreme suicide is to all the problems life could throw at you which are temporary in comparison to taking your life which is a forever thing however, for me, suicide isn't an answer to life gone awry but the solution of the problem of life being that you are forever subject to whatever painful things may happen to you even up till the moment you draw your last breath.

I can't think of any shortage of problems in life that are terminal and they can happen to anyone so why shouldn't we have reason to choose the one solution that fixes every single problem which is never to experience them again.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A permanent solution is always the best and preferable to anything else. If I found a permanent solution to the problem that makes me suicidal I wouldn't need a plan and ready method to CTB bc the actual problem would be solved.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I also find it funny just because they themselves are admitting that it is a solution. A permanent solution sounds fantastic. A permanent solution promises it won't ever happen again
Exactly this. Like when would you ever want a temporary solution over a permanent one? It's ironic that people would always want the permanent solution over a temporary one when it comes to all aspects of life but, as soon as suicide is concerned, suddenly, to them, the temporary solution is more preferable. They really didn't think this through at all

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Your words made me tremble for good. I respect your idea

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Given one day every star will be gone from the sky, yes human life on this planet could be said to be a temporary problem. Quote actually makes sense in this context.

Hitting whoever mindlessly utters the quote with a frying pan is an even better solution.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yes this is definitely something that people hear others say, and then repeat on because it sounds 'good'. I hate this phrase, I've heard it so many times from my friends, teachers, counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, etc.

Everyone who has said this to me was really privileged and had very little hardships in their life.

If my problems are so temporary, why am I still feeling this way years later? Besides, CTB should be a choice regardless of one's own situation, making the 'temporary problem' point moot.
Just wait till you're a decrepit 90 year old, then things will really get good.