• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47774872

"But she was able to obtain a piece of fabric left on the floor outside her room and used it to kill herself alone in her room."

Here's another story of someone successfully catching the bus somewhere where she can't have had ideal resources. Still don't understand how people manage to do this. I wish she hadn't been so far from her family and had received better treatment, but as someone with suicidal ideation I am just astounded that someone can do this in a place where there are routine checks and I have no idea what she would have used to tie the fabric to...

...I'm reading another article that says someone managed to hang themselves in 5 minutes in a psych ward... I just don't get how these things happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and DeadlyLiving
DeadlyLiving

DeadlyLiving

I can't fix it, is this where I give in?
Jan 1, 2019
If you really want something there will always be a way to achieve it, I guess. Especially if you feel hopeless and just want to be free. May she rest in peace. <3

Reactions: efffervescence, Lifeisatrap, Lara Francis and 2 others
S

suicidaljc

Apr 1, 2019
Used a piece of fabric? Partial hanging perhaps?? With routine checks, she may have been observed every hour or more and thus, had time to do it without any intervention.

Reactions: aspx and Lifeisatrap
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
The article said her room had no furniture in it, I imagine in must have been partial but don't really understand what the ligature point could have been..

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I have no idea what she would have used to tie the fabric to...
Maybe she used a variation of night-night (with two knots except cornbags)? Or just wrapped several times the piece of fabric around her neck and tied both ends together (there was such a case with rubber band used)?

H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
Someone in the pysch hospital close to me used their shoe laces. Guess when you gotta go you gotta go

Reactions: efffervescence, Lifeisatrap and Inevitable
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@Hotsackage Whoa. Maybe I haven't been trying hard enough.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Bad ass!!! (Jealous)

S

stuckforawhile

Mar 12, 2019
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47774872

"But she was able to obtain a piece of fabric left on the floor outside her room and used it to kill herself alone in her room."

Here's another story of someone successfully catching the bus somewhere where she can't have had ideal resources. Still don't understand how people manage to do this. I wish she hadn't been so far from her family and had received better treatment, but as someone with suicidal ideation I am just astounded that someone can do this in a place where there are routine checks and I have no idea what she would have used to tie the fabric to...

...I'm reading another article that says someone managed to hang themselves in 5 minutes in a psych ward... I just don't get how these things happen.

Actually making a "serious" attempt is the big hurdle. That's part of why overdosing on things that are unlikely to kill you is relatively popular - you don't know for sure what'll happen. With hanging, you can be very sure of what'll happen. And so it's a more daunting step.

The talk on this forum about "ideal resources" is just to rationalize putting it off. Not being able to because of not having "the right rope" or "the right anchor point" is just an excuse, so to speak. It's the hardwired fear of death, dying, and pain that's holding people back, not some imagined lack of resources.

Of course, using, for example, N will surely be more comfortable, dignified and "pleasant" than hanging, and N genuinely is a resource many do not have access to. But hanging is not a difficult or complicated technical feat, it's just scary.

Reactions: efffervescence, AveryConure and FauxEmotions
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
The talk on this forum about "ideal resources" is just to rationalize putting it off. Not being able to because of not having "the right rope" or "the right anchor point" is just an excuse, so to speak.

I'm sure I'm misreading you here, that you don't mean to speak for other people whose minds and experiences and circumstances you can't share. Not trying to be at all antagonistic. But I hope that here, of all places, we can all be respectful of each other's prerogative to be the ultimate judge about what's appropriate for our own life (and death).

Reactions: AveryConure and Lifeisatrap
S

stuckforawhile

Mar 12, 2019
I'm sure I'm misreading you here, that you don't mean to speak for other people whose minds and experiences and circumstances you can't share. Not trying to be at all antagonistic. But I hope that here, of all places, we can all be respectful of each other's prerogative to be the ultimate judge about what's appropriate for our own life (and death).

How can you read or misread me? I'm other people, and you can't share my mind and experiences.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone for putting off suicide. It's the last decision a person will ever make, so they should take their time. And while it's obviously everyone's prerogative to think and do whatever they want, there's no problem with recognizing something and commenting on it. The "What rope?/I need a rope/I can't afford a rope/etc" type posts are very obviously not actually about rope. A large proportion of the people on the forum are teenagers with volatile emotions and young adults with personality disorders that give them volatile emotions. For quite a few of them, it seems like the main reason for coming here is to vent and/or fantasize about suicide. Nothing wrong with that, but it does give quite a few "obtaining rope is a real challenge" type posts, as well as posts about grotesque, spectacular and outlandish "suicide methods" that they're totally going to do.

Reactions: cornflowerblue and AveryConure
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
While I agree that a lot of people may be venting, I think a lot of the questioning is to try to ensure a successful ctb, with regards to type of rope and suchlike. For someone with limited mobility, or another difficulty leaving the house, it might be a legitimate challenge to get a rope. I'm often so depressed that getting groceries is a challenge, haha.

Reactions: Bedlamb and Lifeisatrap
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
always makes me surprised how people are able to ctb in the most deprived environments. I guess if you really want to ctb you will find a way.

Reactions: Egddios and aspx
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
How can you read or misread me? I'm other people, and you can't share my mind and experiences.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anyone for putting off suicide. It's the last decision a person will ever make, so they should take their time. And while it's obviously everyone's prerogative to think and do whatever they want, there's no problem with recognizing something and commenting on it. The "What rope?/I need a rope/I can't afford a rope/etc" type posts are very obviously not actually about rope. A large proportion of the people on the forum are teenagers with volatile emotions and young adults with personality disorders that give them volatile emotions. For quite a few of them, it seems like the main reason for coming here is to vent and/or fantasize about suicide. Nothing wrong with that, but it does give quite a few "obtaining rope is a real challenge" type posts, as well as posts about grotesque, spectacular and outlandish "suicide methods" that they're totally going to do.

No, I can't share your mind or experiences regarding your own evaluations of your own life, but I can read general claims about others: "...just to rationalize putting it off," "just an excuse." What's a problem for someone else is for the individual to decide, not for us to decide when making claims about others.

"A large proportion of the people on the forum are teenagers with volatile emotions and young adults with personality disorders that give them volatile emotions." --> I think there's an age limit to participate here. And if someone's entitled to die for her/his government at 18, she/he should be entitled to make a decision that he/she doesn't want to be alive. More, people are wholly entitled to their emotions. That some of us judge them to be "volatile" isn't an objective claim.

I don't mean to seem aggressive or insulting. But telling others what they're thinking, especially regarding their assessments of life--their own lives--can be belittling besides being presumptuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Hotsackage and Cookiedough8956
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
There are definitely ways to ctb in a hospital if you're desperate/creative enough. If I wasn't 200 lbs or so and didn't generally suck at tying knots I could easily ctb by hanging there cause I somehow was able to steal silverware and shit at the last hospital I was at. Just it's best for me to honestly shut my mouth and try not to give other patients ideas and patients that obviously had some stints in prison don't want to dig themselves in a deeper hole than they already are in.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer