Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
This thread is meant to point out how deep is suicide rooted in culture (but not limited to, eg: nature) has been known from around the world.

I'll start with cards game, click to read article from wikipedia

The king of hearts is sometimes called the "suicide king" because he appears to be sticking his sword into his head.

20230728 094100

I believe there must be more than I could ever thought, please add if you know any, I'd like to know, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: silentnights56, Deicius, Disappointered and 4 others
dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
so many people around me make jokes about ending their life with obviously no intent behind them. it's kind of funny in a weird way to see normal people say things like that, knowing they might lurk this forum

Reactions: silentnights56, fedupwithlife, アホペンギン and 2 others
P

Peerless_Cucumber

The one and only king of cucumbers
Feb 22, 2023
It's so interesting how many authors commited ctb. I'd say 1/5 of the ones I read at least.

Reactions: silentnights56, UtopianSoliloquies, Disappointered and 3 others
kitch

kitch

Student
Jan 4, 2021
I just take it for granted now that the entirety of Industrialized Civilization is a suicide cult.

It has helped me take it easier on myself as in : No wonder I have had 'adjustment difficulties' and didn't 'get anywhere' ....

From MAD cold war to climate crisis in one life time ... yeah , I'm adjusted .

Reactions: Euthanza
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I think it's so rooted in culture because regardless if you were ever serious or happy I truly believe everyone thinks about it at some point.

When life sucks of course suicide comes to mind even if you don't think you'd ever do it.

Reactions: silentnights56, Disappointered, StolenLife and 1 other person
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I hope one day we can evolve toward a culture that celebrates peaceful self-delivery as the best solution to the mysterious and cruel problem of life. The goal of life for some might really be, upon realizing it's right for them, to end it peacefully.

There are also fun responses to anxiety about the unknown such as having a giant bowl of candies with one of them being laced with a peaceful self-delivery agent. One might then joyfully eat one candy from the bowl every day, never knowing for sure whether it might be the magic liberation candy. Not only could one get lucky and only live one day after filling the bowl but one would be in touch with the reality that each day could truly be the last, which would probably have a beneficial side effect of making one happier along the way to the lucky day. I know it would be difficult to do that since afaik there is no peaceful agent of self-termination/liberation/delivery that could just be sprayed onto a candy but the idea of having a random possibility of getting lucky each day might be worth thinking about so that something like this fun scenario might become possible. I wouldn't be the person to know how to do it but maybe someone else might.

• Love
Reactions: silentnights56 and Euthanza
D

Deicius

Dec 1, 2023
The entire history of humans is a failed suicide attempt. From the agricultural revolution to the present day, we are disordered animals.

Reactions: Euthanza
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I hope one day we can evolve toward a culture that celebrates peaceful self-delivery as the best solution to the mysterious and cruel problem of life. The goal of life for some might really be, upon realizing it's right for them, to end it peacefully.

There are also fun responses to anxiety about the unknown such as having a giant bowl of candies with one of them being laced with a peaceful self-delivery agent. One might then joyfully eat one candy from the bowl every day, never knowing for sure whether it might be the magic liberation candy. Not only could one get lucky and only live one day after filling the bowl but one would be in touch with the reality that each day could truly be the last, which would probably have a beneficial side effect of making one happier along the way to the lucky day. I know it would be difficult to do that since afaik there is no peaceful agent of self-termination/liberation/delivery that could just be sprayed onto a candy but the idea of having a random possibility of getting lucky each day might be worth thinking about so that something like this fun scenario might become possible. I wouldn't be the person to know how to do it but maybe someone else might.
Interesting
The entire history of humans is a failed suicide attempt. From the agricultural revolution to the present day, we are disordered animals.
I think war is also as a form of suicide or at least parasuicide, we have had so much history about wars.