• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

desperatetoctb

Jan 27, 2024
I count myself lucky to have a pilot license and I have regular access to Cessnas and Pipers and thinking about if crashing is a good way to go?
I know that a nose-dive will only take a few seconds and im going to hit ground with about 160 knots. But im scared that I might survive crippled and lose my right to ever fly again.

Would you do it? Anyone here maybe thought about the same thing or got any statistics on survivability? Will I even realise the impact?

• Hugs
Reactions: DEATH IS FREEDOM, breezeboy, cosmic_traveler and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If I can make sure my actions won't put others at risk, I might. There was a Horizon Air employee that hijacked a plain to ctb. I admire his courage, dude wasn't even a pilot.

• Wow
Reactions: ctvunny and Decided98
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
You can do some research on other crashes. I've seen a few over the years on my local news, that were more or less following the pattern that you described. The pilot never survived. Most of the time the plane blew up as well. I don't think you would feel any pain, even if you were to burst up in flames. A speed of 160 knots equates to 296 KM/h (183 MPH). Imagine driving a car into an indestructible wall at that speed. The instant deceleration would put a tremendous amount of g-force on your body. You'd be knocked out in an instant, your bones and internal organs would suffer greatly. If by any slim chance you'd somehow "survive", the plane explosion would take care of the rest, but you wouldn't feel the pain of burning alive. You'd be unconscious already from the impact.

Alas, I am no pilot, I have neither a license, nor access to a plane. It's up to you to do more research and dig up past events, maybe even the plane model you have access to. But from a physics standpoint, 160 to 0 knots in 1 second, against a surface with little to no surface tension = 99.999% death.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Unicr0n and itsnotthatserious
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
Oh man, that's a hell of a way to go out. I don't know anything about flying or planes so I wouldn't know the likelihood of surviving in a situation like that, and how you could mitigate hurting anyone else in the process. I'm guessing the only real issue you'd face is SI, especially since you'll feel yourself falling and whatnot

I

itsnotthatserious

Jan 26, 2024
I knew a guy who died in a private jet crash with four others. The plane just did a nosedive after the equipment failed. Apparently their bodies were just obliterated, the investigators had to use DNA to confirm their identities at all

D

desperatetoctb

Jan 27, 2024
Private jet crashes or the Horizon Air case arent really compareable, as those planes reach speeds way higher and carry a lot more fuel. If they nose-dive there really is nothing left.

As long as I am not doing it over populated area the chance of hurting anyone else is 0.

Im also scared that SI might prevent me from catching the bus, but I have done some aerobatics and done some dives before and if SI is going to stop me, then I dont think that any other method would work for me, as its only going to take about 10 seconds

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Research always before anything and make sure not to harm other living things in the area including wild animals etc

Reactions: ctvunny
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Research always before anything and make sure not to harm other living things in the area including wild animals etc
Totally this, take no one else with you. This is your death no one else's

Reactions: Unicr0n, Glandular, ctvunny and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Definitely not a good idea.

Even talking about doing this is high risk. Its the kind of thing that will get the FBI to come visit you. I assume you are in the US.

People talking of flying planes to crash them is not something they will ignore.

Reactions: Unicr0n and todienomore
D

desperatetoctb

Jan 27, 2024
Im not in the US and I dont see how this is high risk otherwise.

R

random_user

It's impossible to lose it all and still be alive
Jun 17, 2022
I don't see how you could survive a plane crash at over 250kph, especially if you're not trying to emergency land which is what most people who crash airplanes probably attempt to do.
It is however very risky to strangers and animals that are in your crash area and will also likely damage the environment.

Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
I think there was a website for fatal plane crashes somewhere. A lot do them were suicide. I don't see what could go wrong if you make sure to not hurt anyone else.

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
A Cessna should be able to fly way above the required height it takes to CTB by jumping. If I were you, I'd consider flying out to sea if it's accessible and you know that the plane's not going to crash into anything else after a nosedive and just jump. If you're in the sea, you likely wouldn't be able to swim back even if the initial impact doesn't kill you.

But I'd be wary of this method. For one, I have no clue if it's painful or not, whether you jump or crash. Two, you have a high chance of injuring/killing innocent people.

Reactions: Unicr0n
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
No, unless I wanted to produce a pain in the ass for the owners of the destroyed plane.
I mean why'd we care about that?
It's not our fault that there are no peaceful ways to ctb publicly accessible, if thats what we got to do to be granted a painless death then so be it.
In the case of a small machine with no passengers crashing in an area where no one is, sounds like a pretty fair method to me.

• Love
Reactions: breezeboy, ctvunny and random_user
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
pretty dramatic way to go when there are more clean cut methods at your disposal

R

random_user

It's impossible to lose it all and still be alive
Jun 17, 2022
Après moi, le déluge is not everyone's moral code, luckily.
I'm not trying to encourage this method but what does that have to do with it? I oppose it because of the risk for uninvolved people, but saying it's bad because you crash somebody's plane that is more than likely well insured and will therefore simply be replaced/paid for by insurance, what sense does that make?

Reactions: リンさん
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
We on the ground do not like that plan. All plans have failure points that need to be overcome to succeed. The more complex the plan, the more ways it can go wrong.

Using an airplane has issues that cannot be overcome. SI will kick in at some point. How do you plan on dealing with that?

Once in the air, you are a hazard to everyone within flying range.
I hope you can find a more simple plan.

Reactions: divinemistress36
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I count myself lucky to have a pilot license and I have regular access to Cessnas and Pipers and thinking about if crashing is a good way to go?
I know that a nose-dive will only take a few seconds and im going to hit ground with about 160 knots. But im scared that I might survive crippled and lose my right to ever fly again.

Would you do it? Anyone here maybe thought about the same thing or got any statistics on survivability? Will I even realise the impact?
We cannot encourage or discourage you from doing what you want. Just make sure not to hurt anyone else in the process. We wish you peace. Big hugs. Be well on your journey.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
If I had a licence I'd consider it. Easy to find a rural spot to do this without harming anyone else. Probably with a mind to easy access for the clean up crew to remove the wreckage.

Full speed dive would surely be unsurvivable.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Fly into TFR and get shot down xD

On a serious note, nosedive to the ground should work just fine, there's no way you're gonna survive at 160+knots, let alone realize the impact.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
that is more than likely well insured and will therefore simply be replaced/paid for by insurance, what sense does that make?
Participating in the investigation of the incident and obtaining a new vehicle via insurance may need quite a lot of bureaucratic work. I can bet that building a setup for gas asphyxiation is a way more simple procedure, if it's done by a man whose IQ is sufficient for driving a plane.

Last edited:
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
If you want it to make it look like an accident, you can fly VFR in IMC conditions? Any crash like that should come under CFIT yeah?

D

desperatetoctb

Jan 27, 2024
If you want it to make it look like an accident, you can fly VFR in IMC conditions? Any crash like that should come under CFIT yeah?

Its not as obvious, but its still gonna be suspicious. Most CFITs arent nose-dive with speeds over VNE and everything else would have higher chance of surviving.

But once im dead, I dont really care if people think its a suicide. The people remembering me will know it is.

6ft7

Jan 26, 2024
I'd presume flying into the sea would do it - crash likely knocks you out, sinking will take care of the rest.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Its not as obvious, but its still gonna be suspicious. Most CFITs arent nose-dive with speeds over VNE and everything else would have higher chance of surviving.

But once im dead, I dont really care if people think its a suicide. The people remembering me will know it is.
Which country are you in? Since you said you're not in the US, and it's a GA crash, it's not like NTSB is going to investigate (as long as it's not registered in the US?). It'll be suspicious, but I don't think they'll really do a deep dive into the cause.

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Now THIS is a method. Fly high baby!

Reactions: desperatetoctb