• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
Yes, Gumby, I'm looking at you :p
Jumping from that should be 100%, right? Is there any way in which one would survive the fall (a "fluffy" field, soft sand, etc? I assume not. Would one even still be conscious when hitting the ground or would consciousness be lost somewhere in during the fall because of adrenaline and all that?

V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
If it's high enough so you reach terminal velocity, which is 120mph at sea level, then you are very dead. Even an instant stop at 70mph is.
The very rare cases of people surviving parachute malfunctions into a soft field forget to take into account that a semi opened tangled parachute, or two sometimes, creates a lot of drag and will go along way slowing a body down to probably 30-50mph.
Broken legs and spine damage yes, but survivable on a newly ploughed field.

P

prisoner416

May 20, 2018
It'll hurt like hell. Helium is a much better option if you can get it. Why risk pain or possible survival with complications?

nonexistance

nonexistance

Jun 16, 2018
It'll hurt like hell. Helium is a much better option if you can get it. Why risk pain or possible survival with complications?
What exactly would hurt? The falling or the hitting the ground? Also how would one survive falling from such a height?

Reactions: dano6533
R

Romanov1947

Mar 23, 2018
Yes, Gumby, I'm looking at you :p
Jumping from that should be 100%, right? Is there any way in which one would survive the fall (a "fluffy" field, soft sand, etc? I assume not. Would one even still be conscious when hitting the ground or would consciousness be lost somewhere in during the fall because of adrenaline and all that?

People have survived falling off a cruising jet. Unless you align the balloon to a highway or some hard surface below it's not guaranteed,

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
This is silly, sorry. In addition you will probably traumatize the other folks on the balloon.

Find another method.