catch99

catch99

Apr 18, 2021
So I was wondering you guys' thoughts on this. If you shoot yourself in the head, how much pain do you think you'd be in and for how long? I know if you shoot your brain you'd basically be instantly unconscious but there are conflicting theories on whether you can still feel pain while unconscious.

Also, do you guys think taking pain killers before doing it would help with the pain? I have thought about this but I haven't seen anyone mention this.

What do you guys think?

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
More like an explosion / boom. Imagine being punched in the face shock x 100. I dont think it will hurt. Just shock then death.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus, lofticries, Skathon and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I think it would depend on whether you aimed it properly or not. Intraoral gunshot using a 45 with hollow point bullets is my plan. You want to hit the brainstem.

• Love
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus, SadGirl, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
Depends what kind of round and angle of approach. 12g shotgun w/ buckshot under the chin at a slight angle toward the upper back of the head, zero pain. 45acp or 44mag (handgun) 308 or 30-06 (rifle) in the mouth at a slight upward angle to sever the brain stem, zero. Anything else I'd personally choose another option.

No painkillers on this earth will help with a bullet to the face. Not to mention the years of follow up facial reconstruction after a failure.

Reactions: Celerity, Skathon, filthyrottendirty and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Most firearm suicide survivors never mention the pain when they get interviewed. And I'm talking about the ones who are conscious for a lil while because they report hearing the screams of the person who found them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and Celerity
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
I think it will be immense pain but it will be over in an instant I read in the mouth at an upward angle is the best way to go.

Reactions: SadGirl
catch99

catch99

Apr 18, 2021
Depends what kind of round and angle of approach. 12g shotgun w/ buckshot under the chin at a slight angle toward the upper back of the head, zero pain. 45acp or 44mag (handgun) 308 or 30-06 (rifle) in the mouth at a slight upward angle to sever the brain stem, zero. Anything else I'd personally choose another option.

No painkillers on this earth will help with a bullet to the face. Not to mention the years of follow up facial reconstruction after a failure.
You think a 357 magnum would do the trick? I've seen a picture of this woman that killed herself with a 45 and it was insanely gruesome. Like I mean she would've looked better had she just blown her head off with a shotgun.

I think a 357 would look considerably less gruesome. I don't want my eyes popping out of my head like that woman with the 45.

• Wow
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and lofticries
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
You think a 357 magnum would do the trick? I've seen a picture of this woman that killed herself with a 45 and it was insanely gruesome. Like I mean she would've looked better had she just blown her head off with a shotgun.

I think a 357 would look considerably less gruesome. I don't want my eyes popping out of my head like that woman with the 45.
That's understandable. And yes, a .357 would in that case. So would a 9mm and .40 with the proper positioning. But with only 1 chance to make it happen or possibly suffer, I would choose a round that doesn't place any chips on suffering. It's gonna be a gruesome sight regardless.

Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and catch99
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Absolutely zero. I got hit in the head at school with a bit of a roof tile some idiot threw and it knocked me to the floor and knocked me out instantly didn't feel a thing. When you consider the energy a bullet has compared to a tile I don't see how you feel anything from a shot to the head. Sometimes you hear groaning on suicide videos when they shoot themselvss in the head but I think this is just the body doing its thing not a sign of pain.

Reactions: catch99, GenesAndEnvironment and Celerity
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
I am sure shot yourself in the head is a lot better than jump or hang up

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment