Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
This seems an effective way to die. Alot seem trigger happy and ruthless not only to black people, people with mental illness like Tony timpa and they don't feel bad about it. Seen vids of people shot because they can't be assed to chase them.

Reactions: Soul
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
You have to do something criminal in order to achieve this and if they don't shoot you then you are fucked up. You only know they shoot often, but not how often they don't shoot.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, Brokenwithbpd, 2Min2Midnight and 5 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I think it's hit & miss, though (pun noticed if not quite intended). It shouldn't be a thing at all, of course, but it's hard to be glad it's not reliable.

Reactions: 262653
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
This is not a reliable method and the cops are not gun slinging psychopaths, despite what the media, and certain political parties, leads the country to believe. I personally find what the media, and other groups do, to borderline on criminal in behavior as it costs lives and creates hate, but that is another story.

There were 800,000 cops, roughly, in the US last year. There were 10.5 million arrests in 2019, this doesn't count normal civilian encounters, only arrests. I imagine there is way over 50 million plus encounters (I can only guess but i think this probably low balling it). The number of total people of all races killed each year by the police hovers at around 1000. It is a small percentage and not all deaths are unjustified. I imagine it a 80/20 split but I apply 80/20 to most things... They are far from perfect but they aren't hunting down the population and mass murdering everyone.

Reactions: TAW122, 2Min2Midnight, autumnal and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Please don't assume all of them don't feel bad about it.

I watched a video of a cop who pulled over a guy with his girlfriend in the passenger seat. The cop misjudged what was happening, the guy was freaking out, the girlfriend was freaking out, the cop was freaking out, then he shot and killed the guy and freaked out some more. The cop was white, the people in the car were Black. After he shot the guy, the cop kept yelling, "Oh God! Oh God!"

Like @rhiino said, you can't predict who they're going to shoot. You can't predict if they will go for a kill shot. And if you don't die, you're fucked.

Reactions: autumnal, HadEnough1974, Escape Artist and 1 other person
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
This seems an effective way to die. Alot seem trigger happy and ruthless not only to black people, people with mental illness like Tony timpa and they don't feel bad about it. Seen vids of people shot because they can't be assed to chase them.

iu
Please do not use this method. The vast majority of police are decent people who do not want to needlessly kill anyone. Your death by this method will unfairly traumatise the officer, and may lead to them being penalised even if the shooting was done in self-defence or the defence of others. Additionally, many shootings are non-fatal, and you may instead end up either physically incapacitated, or imprisoned for whatever dangerous and illegal actions you performed to try and prompt the shooting in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: HappyMstake, TAW122, 2Min2Midnight and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I second @autumnal @GoodPersonEffed @4eyebiped here. Even in the US, the chances of things going well to the suicidal's plan of CTB'ing via police is very variable. Yes, while there are times where the police shoot to end the threat and even go a few steps further, there is still a high margin of error that the suicidal will survive, not only with additional injuries and possibly permanent disability depending on where he/she is shot, but also faces additional legal consequences depending on what the person did to provoke a lethal response.

Reactions: suffering and autumnal