GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm not motivated to read the article, but its existence and the OP comment sets off critical thinking:

• She's not here to tell the story, others are telling it. That means someone else's agenda(s) is (are) in play, not her own.

• Impulse, or last straw? She's not here to explain her motivations.

• Impulse implies that she never previously had a suicidal thought or intention, or that she caught a suicidal impulse virus.

Not attacking you, @nbn. I just smell provocation, not going to feed it by reading disinformation that's motivated by hidden agendas.

Reactions: Broken Chimera, GinaIsReady, Kirbster and 4 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Yeah, I feel that the whole impulsive suicide thing in someone who was not already predisposed to such thoughts is probably very rare. It is more likely a chemical imbalance or a confluence of circumstances mounted up over time.

Reactions: Defenestrator and ImSoTired
rntmss

rntmss

Taking it one day at a time
Feb 7, 2020
When I was a teenager, I made way more "impulsive" attempts than I have as an adult. I think it's partially the fact that young brains are more impulsive in general and losing something as important as a companion animal is a really big deal.

I've only made one real attempt (where I followed through with my plan, ended up waking up my wife and told her to call 911 after my cocktail was down for 15 minutes) as an adult... as a teenager? I made attempts at 13, 14, and 16 by just downing as many Gravols as I could.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
There was such a game in Russia called Blue Whale. Very deadly...

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Feb 4, 2020
This is going to sound cold as fuck, but, maybe, just maybe, the uptick in suicide rates is a natural response to potential overpopulation of the planet. Think about it on a quantum level. There always exists two realities at any given time in any event in the universe. Now, the way a event transpires likely depends on what brings the most balance to the portion of reality with which in it exists. Meaning, free will is merely an elaborate concoction we invented to explain events so incredibly complex that we will never fully grasp them. In simpler terms, destinty.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
This is going to sound cold as fuck, but, maybe, just maybe, the uptick in suicide rates is a natural response to potential overpopulation of the planet. Think about it on a quantum level. There always exists two realities at any given time in any event in the universe. Now, the way a event transpires likely depends on what brings the most balance to the portion of reality with which in it exists. Meaning, free will is merely an elaborate concoction we invented to explain events so incredibly complex that we will never fully grasp them. In simpler terms, destinty.
I think you have seen this before. One day the Earth may be so overpopulated that prices for food will be huge, there won't be enough water for everybody and it will be too late to do something peacefully. External contentduckduckgocom

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Feb 4, 2020
I think you have seen this before. One day the Earth may be so overpopulated that prices for food will be huge, there won't be enough water for everybody and it will be too late to do something peacefully. View attachment 26879
Actually, I have not. The above theory simply sprang into my mind just out of the blue. I started typing and the words just came out. Do that a lot spontaneously.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Actually, I have not. The above theory simply sprang into my mind just out of the blue. I started typing and the words just came out. Do that a lot spontaneously.
At least all the people which will potentially CTB sometimes do not even realize that mass reproduction is not necessary to survive anymore, the population will be growing rapidly anyway. I liked your point!

Reactions: avoid_slow_death