LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
What do you think about suicide as a form of natural selection against the idiotic, socially-inept and ugly members of society? I feel like I've been rejected by society like a virus getting pushed out by an immune system. As much as people seem to talk about empathy it seems like there are some people who are universally panned by everyone. Maybe for those people, CTB is just the expected natural result. For example, I'm an idiot, I'm pretty sure of this by now, no one wants anything to do with me and will definitely not care if I randomly disappeared someday. Maybe CTB is what I'm supposed to do to help improve society. Like to help weed out the low-IQ members of our society. It certainly feels like this is the direction that I'm being directed towards maybe I was just too stupid to recognize this until now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Ghost2211, Sinkinshyp and 11 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I doubt it would be to get rid of low IQ people, the vast majority of suicidal people I know are quite smart. Natural selection against people with little to no social skills or just ugly in general... yeah... wouldnt be surprised at all by that one.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Reach, voidman and 11 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yes I think about it often, and I have no problem removing my shitty genetics from the pool. Considering the world is overpopulated, you'd think they could give us a peaceful way out. It would benefit everyone.

• Love
Reactions: sasshimi, it's_all_a_game, SelfLiberation and 11 others
BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
Nah, I'm awesome. The world will definitely miss me when I'm gone. :sunglasses:
Also, IQ is a very, very bad measure of someone's value to society imo.

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Meditation guide and 262653
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
What would you consider as a better measurement? And I'm happy for you that people will care when you're gone

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
What would you consider as a better measurement? And I'm happy for you that people will care when you're gone
I think almost everyone has at least someone who will miss them, so I'm not too special. A better measurement might be... one's income -- how much society pays them for their time and effort. Society runs on money, after all. But who really cares to be a benefit to society anyway. Be good and awesome to yourself. That's the important thing.

D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
Your family will miss you. The world wont miss you.

Reactions: Homecoming, rt1989526, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 2 others
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I think almost everyone has at least someone who will miss them, so I'm not too special. A better measurement might be... one's income -- how much society pays them for their time and effort. Society runs on money, after all. But who really cares to be a benefit to society anyway. Be good and awesome to yourself. That's the important thing.
I'm not too sure. I get ignored a lot because no one wants to talk to an idiot. I think it defines some of your worth as a human being even if it doesn't necessarily determine your worth to society.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers and Disappointered
BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
Your family will miss you. The world wont miss you.
Yes, technically true, haha! But my family (and friends) are the only ones whose opinions I actually care about. They're who actually matter here.

Reactions: Despairing
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I think this does make a bit of sense and I'm pretty sure that's why euthanasia and eventually suicide in general will be accepted in most 'advanced' countries.
I think only healthy people with decent genes should be allowed to breed and be caregivers. Otherwise the offspring will suffer.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, SelfLiberation and 1 other person
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I think this does make a bit of sense and I'm pretty sure that's why euthanasia and eventually suicide in general will be accepted in most 'advanced' countries.
I think only healthy people with decent genes should be allowed to breed and be caregivers. Otherwise the offspring will suffer.
Even healthy people can give spawn to rejects every now and then. Also isn't this a little eugenics-y

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yes to both points.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Maybe? I'm not really sure I agree with that.

But I guess in a sense yes, I'm mentally ill and removing myself from the gene pool by killing myself, so hypothetically?

Reactions: LonelyDude15
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Dude, it is wild that you are saying this right now. Not only do I think this is accurate, but it describes exactly how I feel.

I never fully understood how stupid I really am and how I consistently fuck everything up and make the wrong choices. Now that it has gone on for so long and I've tried to change these things about me, I realize that some people are designated to this lot in life. I could make marginal improvements but nothing will cure me.

People in today's world will sniff out the weak just like animals do in the wild. Ya know what happens to those animals if they can't keep up? They die and don't see much mercy from other animals. Humans are pretty similar. People do altruistic things, but when someone is as mentally ill and stupid as I am, they weed them out quick. This selecting of better genetics drives evolution. Good fight, natural selection. I wish you weren't such a cruel bitch.

• Love
Reactions: Toptock, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Despairing and 2 others
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
Dude, it is wild that you are saying this right now. Not only do I think this is accurate, but it describes exactly how I feel.

I never fully understood how stupid I really am and how I consistently fuck everything up and make the wrong choices. Now that it has gone on for so long and I've tried to change these things about me, I realize that some people are designated to this lot in life. I could make marginal improvements but nothing will cure me.

People in today's world will sniff out the weak just like animals do in the wild. Ya know what happens to those animals if they can't keep up? They die and don't see much mercy from other animals. Humans are pretty similar. People do altruistic things, but when someone is as mentally ill and stupid as I am, they weed them out quick. This selecting of better genetics drives evolution. Good fight, natural selection. I wish you weren't such a cruel bitch.
You completely articulated what I was trying to say. I've met some of the nicest, empathetic, left-leaning people around and despite supposedly being good people, once people can tell that you're lame they'llll drop and ignore you so fast. Even if it clearly hurts you, people are just animals when it comes down to it.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Captive of Mind and 2 others
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
You completely articulated what I was trying to say. I've met some of the nicest, empathetic, left-leaning people around and despite supposedly being good people, once people can tell that you're lame they'llll drop and ignore you so fast. Even if it clearly hurts you, people are just animals when it comes down to it.
It is refreshing to hear from someone who sees what I see. Man, I have been dealing with this shit my whole life and other people act like it's not happening.

What do you think about this. Nowadays, people aren't overt or obvious about what they are doing so that you can't really call them out on it. They do it in indirect and underhanded ways that chip away at you.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and LonelyDude15
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm not too sure. I get ignored a lot because no one wants to talk to an idiot. I think it defines some of your worth as a human being even if it doesn't necessarily determine your worth to society.
Why do you think you're an idiot? You seem to be able to form sentences and articulate your thoughts well, as well as recognize the implications of what others say, draw apt analogies, and make relevant distinctions between concepts. There are no signs of you being mentally deficient from your posts. In fact, at the risk of extrapolating from a paucity of data, I would assume you have a well above average iq.

Last edited:
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, 262653 and Disappointered
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
It is refreshing to hear from someone who sees what I see. Man, I have been dealing with this shit my whole life and other people act like it's not happening.

What do you think about this. Nowadays, people aren't overt or obvious about what they are doing so that you can't really call them out on it. They do it in indirect and underhanded ways that chip away at you.
It's so great to talk with someone who gets this. Ya the thing I don't like about Canadian society or professional environments is the underhandedness. Like their's not even any room for a comeback if someone ignores you, you just have to take it. Underhanded forms of attack is one of the biggest reasons why I've just started avoiding people altogether. I just don't want to even deal with it.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Captive of Mind and Disappointered
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Why do you think you're an idiot? You seem to be able to form sentences and articulate your thoughts well. There are no signs of you being mentally deficient from your posts. In fact, at the risk of extrapolating from a paucity of data, I would assume you have a well above average iq.
IQ has little to do with it. I'm sure our IQ scores are fine. It is about social intelligence and the ability to make both big and small life decisions. Borderline Personality Disorder makes me a horrible person to deal with.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
IQ has little to do with it
The OP mentioned low-iq and made several reference to them being an 'idiot'.
I'm an idiot, I'm pretty sure of this by now
Like to help weed out the low-IQ members of our society
I get ignored a lot because no one wants to talk to an idiot
It is about social intelligence and the ability to make both big and small life decisions
ok yes, that's a different thing altogether.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
It's so great to talk with someone who gets this. Ya the thing I don't like about Canadian society or professional environments is the underhandedness. Like their's not even any room for a comeback if someone ignores you, you just have to take it. Underhanded forms of attack is one of the biggest reasons why I've just started avoiding people altogether. I just don't want to even deal with it.
It is great for people who are good at playing that game of digging at each other and making each other feel bad. But for the ones who are at the bottom of the totem pole, it's hard to keep your head above water.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, 262653 and LonelyDude15
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
Why do you think you're an idiot? You seem to be able to form sentences and articulate your thoughts well, as well as recognize the implications of what others say, draw apt analogies, and make relevant distinctions between concepts. There are no signs of you being mentally deficient from your posts. In fact, at the risk of extrapolating from a paucity of data, I would assume you have a well above average iq.
I'm not sure that communication skills accurately represents the skills that IQ tests are meant to measure. IQ tests test a measure of certain cognitive functions such as pattern recognition, and calculation abilities. There are a lot of different types of intelligence other than IQ, much as musical, linguistic and kinesthetic, which may be somewhat correlated but generally, people can have higher levels of one type of intelligence without an overall increase in all of them. If I come across as smart it's probably just because I'm well educated though, which is a different thing from intelligence.
It is great for people who are good at playing that game of digging at each other and making each other feel bad. But for the ones who are at the bottom of the totem pole, it's hard to keep your head above water.
I've deleted all my social media accounts and cut off everyone. I'm not interested in playing this game anymore.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi, Captive of Mind and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I've deleted all my social media accounts and cut off everyone. I'm not interested in playing this game anymore.
Way ahead of you. I grew up Jehovah's Witness so my family didn't really do social media. That cult is a huge reason why my development as a child was hindered. When do you plan on ctb?

LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
When do you plan on ctb?
I'm not currently in crisis so it depends. Rn I've been able to get by with simple distractions and infrequent therapy sessions. I'll probably do it sometime when the opportunity aligns itself with a, particularly shitty day. I've already got all the stuff I need and have plan so I'm just chilling rn. I don't see myself living past 20 though because I really don't want to get old like this.

Reactions: elfgyoza, Captive of Mind and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Well, the nature seems to be weeding out suicidal people, which intuitively sounds self-evident. I'm not sure if it's the humans with the qualities you mentioned that are being weeded out, or if humans intentionally weed out such people. I do think that the ruling people in warring countries weed out the most violent and dangerous people by throwing them in hot spots (slaughterhouse), so we're left with relatively more docile individuals maybe. In a similar way nature weeds out suicidal people, so we are mostly left with people who have hard time suiciding (strong instincts, delusional optimism, religiousness).

Reactions: Élégie and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I'm not currently in crisis so it depends. Rn I've been able to get by with simple distractions and infrequent therapy sessions. I'll probably do it sometime when the opportunity aligns itself with a, particularly shitty day. I've already got all the stuff I need and have plan so I'm just chilling rn. I don't see myself living past 20 though because I really don't want to get old like this.
Yeah, I think that people should at least get into their 20's before making that decision unless they have the worst of the worst amount of suffering. But I'm glad that you aren't in such a severe circumstance. I admit that my situation could be waaay worse, but it is bad enough for this whole ride to not be worth it.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and LonelyDude15
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If I come across as smart it's probably just because I'm well educated though, which is a different thing from intelligence.
But the ability to become well educated is itself predicated on a general level of intelligence. Where intelligence ends and education begins is not a line that can be drawn anywhere along a cognitive development graph.
And conversations reflect more than just communication skills, they demonstrate ability to draw logical inferences, to compare and contrast, make analogies, apply relevant knowledge, draw on long and medium term memory capabilities, make useful distinctions, understand the implications of what others have said. And everything that you said in this post
I'm not sure that communication skills accurately represents the skills that IQ tests are meant to measure. IQ tests test a measure of certain cognitive functions such as pattern recognition, and calculation abilities. There are a lot of different types of intelligence other than IQ, much as musical, linguistic and kinesthetic, which may be somewhat correlated but generally, people can have higher levels of one type of intelligence without an overall increase in all of them. If I come across as smart it's probably just because I'm well educated though, which is a different thing from intelligence.
clearly suggests that you aren't lacking in any of these capacities.

I am actually a bit skeptical about the idea that an iq test accurately measures this reified thing labelled 'intelligence' placed along a simple number hierarchy.
Iq tests are actually much more about creating a mechanism of social exclusion and population control in institutional settings like schools, the army etc. At least that was their original function.

Yes, the multiple intelligence theory seems more like an accurate reflection of concrete cognitive psychology as it manifests itself in behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie and LonelyDude15