felixwasabsurd

felixwasabsurd

Lover of absurdity
Sep 19, 2023
One thing that has kept me from CTB has been religious guilt. Something about how God will strike me down, put me in hell because I took my own life (or even attempted to) has always made me very uneasy to say the least. I really hope I'm not alone on this, but religion has not helped me as much as it should. It's actually doing more damage to me than I thought, and even though now I am a non-believer there's still this complex guilt embedded in my mind, and every time I share these thoughts with another person, they immediately tell me to turn to God, but God does not answer the sky is empty and my prayers have fallen on deaf ears.

I'm new here but this is one of the reasons why I joined I hope I'm not alone on this

• Hugs
Reactions: The Burning Fool
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Even Pastors fall prey to mental illness to the point they kill themselves.
Here's some links that hopefully helps you

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
It never states suicide is a punishable offence, If you bring the excuse of thall shall not murder, and suicide is self murder, then dying of anything that isn't natural is a sin, a car crash of your own fault, dying at a construction site due to lack of care etc.

People say what about Dante inferno?
Dante inferno also says gays suffer worse then pedos….
The church does not accept the book as official gospel.

God will take you when they deem it's time suicide or not

Reactions: felixwasabsurd
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Obviously I respect your opinion to have faith, I did also have faith once too. But if you look at religion from a very scrutinizing view you realize how little credibility it has in the workings of the world and morality. Human history is wrought with divisiveness and subsequent exploitation of others, even Christian (Other religions too) nations under the guise of God did so, constant war with one another, slavery, genocide, exploitative labor all in the name of God. Human's are truly evil creatures and are entire history has been divisive up until 21st century when circumstances forced us to cooperate with one another (American dominance/ideology/Globalization) .I think humanity is much more in line with "nature" then any godliness, the difference is humans are actually capable of malice whilst animals live of instinct. Intelligent animals constantly suffer in nature losing their loved one's repeatedly, facing hard conditions, yet they have no malice in their hearts unlike humans. So where is their savor? What's better about humanity? We destroy their habitats and inflict grievous pain on one another constantly, There's no good in humanity. And in terms of morality think of all the suffering in the world and ask yourself if a benevolent God really existed would he allow it? Life could be great if it wasn't for all the suffering, so why would God allow such a thing? What's the virtue in it? God is also supposed to have a personal relationship with every one of us yet he allows some of us to suffer greatly whilst others live amazing lives, why is that? (Survivorship bias is a joke) Christians for example might say because of Adam and Eve and the original sin/innate evil of humanity (which is ridiculous).

Another thing to think about which I find most damning is how truly evil individuals exist in this word, you ever seen a serial killer/murderer etc who was plagued with anti-social thoughts from a young age? Do you think they choose to be that way or it was always in them? Why would God create someone like this and let them loose on the world.
The more you try to understand the world and morality the less there seems to be justification for God in the world. And if there's a God all he deserves is scorn.

The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
If there is a God worthy of worship, then they forgive one escaping from suffering by suicide. It's that simple imo.

• Love
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
If you assume that some God wants the right thing for you and always puts you on the right path, then perhaps the suicide of some people is God's will. Maybe he wants to take the burden off of you. Should one oppose such a decision from God? Who am I?

I only become suspicious when the 10mm rope keeps breaking, the otherwise healthy tree suddenly falls over, or when I jump into the water and the lake under my butt dries up in a matter of seconds.

Last edited: