P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I have been always living in a bubble, rather in various bubbles. Reality has often dawned late to me. I always have been escaping reality by daydreaming since when I was a kid. Since last few weeks, daydreaming doesn't give me the exhilarating feeling it gave before. Rather my daydreams are followed by painful feeling , a realisation that nothing that I dream will ever come true. I used to daydream-of being another person ,someone with a different mind, a different body, a different family, a different life.
Since more than a year I have few consistent daydreams where I play the same few characters. I have dreamt of so many scenarios, situations that it all seems very familiar . All of this is so strongly etched in my mind that now my real life feels strange, unacceptable. I feel as if I never belonged in my present life. I feel vulnerable yet decisive, cause I am finally facing the reality that I have been denying for so long.
One good things is I am choosing healthy mediums of escapism such as movies and series which seem better.

• Love
Reactions: CantDoIt and dune_dweller