• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Dream of another way out <3
Apr 21, 2022
I don't plan on failing my CTB-attempt if I go for it one day and I want to make it as certain, peaceful and painless as possible. I thought about taking some oxycodone coupled with xanax along with 30-50kg weights tied to my neck and drowning in a lake/river at night.

The point of the oxy is to make me drowsy and perhaps alleviate some of the pain caused by drowning and xanax to boost the drowsiness and alleviate some of the panic symptoms. The weights ensure that once I submerge the survival instinct doesn't somehow manage to save me after I empty my lungs of air and go underwater. The weights also makes it less likely for someone to spot me and call for help if I'm deep underwater opposed to panicking on the surface. I have access to lakes or rivers where I can easily go after midnight when there'll be no one to spot me.

This is probably the way to make the drowning as peaceful and certain as I can. Is there something else I should take into account?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, houseofleaves, Hate you and 2 others
°Celsuis_Caesar

°Celsuis_Caesar

Sanctioned Suicide is well worth a mass
Jan 10, 2022
Survival Instinct (SI) is always a factor at play to watch out for, Even if you have nuke, Survival Instinct will still be there

Reactions: ShornSoloists, ojinzo, Wolfjob_dayjob and 5 others
Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
Survival Instinct (SI) is always a factor at play to watch out for, Even if you have nuke, Survival Instinct will still be there
Yeah, the hardest part is certainly going underwater, but I am not personally too worried about it. The point of the xanax is to try kill the anxiety that may come when actually going for it. I've planned this so that once I actually go in the water, it's one quick decision and no backing out after that.

°Celsuis_Caesar

°Celsuis_Caesar

Sanctioned Suicide is well worth a mass
Jan 10, 2022
Yeah, the hardest part is certainly going underwater, but I am not personally too worried about it. The point of the xanax is to try kill the anxiety that may come when actually going for it. I've planned this so that once I actually go in the water, it's one quick decision and no backing out after that.
That's pretty smart, just keep SI in check and everything will be A-grade

D

DPJ187

Student
Apr 14, 2022
That going to be brutal mate, even with weights your body will fight hard, if you can lift them out of the water yoga can definitely lift them underwater. Is it lack of other options or is drowning your preferred option can I ask?

Reactions: Dizzylady80, Wolfjob_dayjob, houseofleaves and 3 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't plan on failing my CTB-attempt if I go for it one day and I want to make it as certain, peaceful and painless as possible. I thought about taking some oxycodone coupled with xanax along with 30-50kg weights tied to my neck and drowning in a lake/river at night.

The point of the oxy is to make me drowsy and perhaps alleviate some of the pain caused by drowning and xanax to boost the drowsiness and alleviate some of the panic symptoms. The weights ensure that once I submerge the survival instinct doesn't somehow manage to save me after I empty my lungs of air and go underwater. The weights also makes it less likely for someone to spot me and call for help if I'm deep underwater opposed to panicking on the surface. I have access to lakes or rivers where I can easily go after midnight when there'll be no one to spot me.

This is probably the way to make the drowning as peaceful and certain as I can. Is there something else I should take into account?
Are the weights removable? I assume they are if you put them on, they can be taken off, yes? Your conscience knows this. Who knows what you will be able to do when your SI kicks in, even under the effects of xanax and oxy. Adrenalin will kick in at the point you start the drowning. Weights would have to be locked on somehow. It's about mitigating what can happen. You have to take away as many possibilities of failure as possible, if what you say you want to do IS what you want to do.

Reactions: houseofleaves
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
You said after midnight when no one will spot you but you might want to make extra sure, because depending on the day there could be people. Maybe someone coming home from a party and so on. I had that issue in a place I didn't expect there to be anyone at 2AM.

Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
That going to be brutal mate, even with weights your body will fight hard, if you can lift them out of the water yoga can definitely lift them underwater. Is it lack of other options or is drowning your preferred option can I ask?
That's why I'll be taking sedatives and opioids, the kind of dose that's gonna make me nod quite a bit(not too much though), it'll certainly make it a bit harder for my body to fight it. It's mainly due to lack of other methods, though I probably need to research more. I prefer drowning with weights at the moment at least, because it seems like the easiest and the most certain and available method for me right now. It's not ideal, I'd rather take a pill that'd 100% kill me in a minute but uhh, no access to such goodies.

I'm more afraid of the consequences of failing to CTB than the act itself. I think that if I'm going to die anyway, there's no point being too picky about the method, as long as it's fairly quick, certain and peaceful. I used to have a severe panic disorder where I'd have 5-7 attacks a week nonstop for a period of 6 months, panic of drowning can't be much worse than that. There are thousands of worse ways to die(and to live) organically than by drowning on purpose.
Are the weights removable? I assume they are if you put them on, they can be taken off, yes? Your conscience knows this. Who knows what you will be able to do when your SI kicks in, even under the effects of xanax and oxy. Adrenalin will kick in at the point you start the drowning. Weights would have to be locked on somehow. It's about mitigating what can happen. You have to take away as many possibilities of failure as possible, if what you say you want to do IS what you want to do.
I'd be using the kind of weights with a hole in the middle, so I can put a 3-4cm thick rope through and make proper knots on the weights and my neck so that even on land they'd be hard to open, not to mention while panicking underwater. I might also add some weights to a backpack and tie it with rope that must be cut to release it. I'll put duct tape over the knots as well.
You said after midnight when no one will spot you but you might want to make extra sure, because depending on the day there could be people. Maybe someone coming home from a party and so on. I had that issue in a place I didn't expect there to be anyone at 2AM.
Yeah. I don't live in a very crowded area, so it would be pitchblack outside and in an unconventional area where even on daytimes there's rarely people walking around. I'd navigate to an area where you need a flashlight to actually see where you're going. I'd also do it outside of the weekend to minimize the chance of people going for late walks.

G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
It does not work this way. Drowning has one of the lowesst success rate .

Reactions: WanderingWater
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Just sounds a little too horrific a method to me. I haven't had much peace in my mind, my life. I think I deserve some type of peace not just in death, but heading to death, too.

antoniamonroe

antoniamonroe

Apr 18, 2022
Everyone here is looking for perfectly peaceful and painless. I don't think that exists, unless perhaps you have access to doctor assist.
OTOH, I don't think that drowning is as painful or terrifying as people here seem to believe. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/00258172211053127

People here also like to talk about the low success rate, but I suspect that has to do with people trying to drown themselves in a bucket or a bath tub.

Reactions: Nirriti and charlottewilts
M

M.i.245541

Mar 21, 2022
Your method sounds quite good. I ahd something similar in mind. The only issue for me is that body might never be recovered and family will not have closure.

Reactions: hungry and antoniamonroe
DontplayGod

DontplayGod

She/her
Feb 6, 2022
Not sure how the pain factor would work, but SI for drowning is going to be absolutely horrifying. The panic is gonna be skyrocket high and you will go mad trying to prevent yourself from breathing in the water and when you do it will be super uncomfortable and I don't think you go unconscious for another 20 seconds. I definitely wouldn't recommend drowning, but if you can absolutely handle extreme panic (I feel like drowning would cause some of the most panic) and at least a minute death and uncomfort/pain then go ahead. It seems like too much of an aggressive method for me

Reactions: Dizzylady80
Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
I think the extreme panic depends because I've almost drowned once (by accident, though, so that might factor in) and I wasn't as much extremely panicked as kind of uncomfortable and a bit stressed that I couldn't get the water out of my lungs on my own. But the accident part really might factor in so don't take my word for it.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Theres a fair chance I would have been gone already, but it's freaking Ice world where I live. Freezing cold water is not very good for drowning. A drowning person can potentially survive for hours in cold water because it helps prolong total brain death. In warm water total brain death can occur in about 20 minutes after drowning ,or so I read.

hopelessdreams

hopelessdreams

life and its opposite
Mar 1, 2022

i'm planning to do the same thing, maybe we can pm about it?

R

Rabbit50

Apr 5, 2022
I like this idea and am considering doing something similar myself. But how will you get all of the weights to a part of the lake/river that is deep enough to drown? I've thought about getting an inflatable dinghy but I don't think it is very practical.

Reactions: transientflesh127
Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
I like this idea and am considering doing something similar myself. But how will you get all of the weights to a part of the lake/river that is deep enough to drown? I've thought about getting an inflatable dinghy but I don't think it is very practical.
I'll carry them in a backpack and go to the spot with a bike. I'm not sure yet though, this is something I thought about that might bring issues, but I imagine I can carry the weights just fine deep enough, so that once I totally exhale and go to the bottom it'll be hard to get back up. I can see it as an issue however, since logically i can only walk deep enough so that my head is still above the surface with the weights so it's not going to be very deep.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should try this out to at a lake by my parents cottage first and see whether it's hard to get back up to the surface with the weights and really check out whether my plan is doomed from the beginning. It certainly would be the best, if I had a boat and could go to a deep spot on a lake and just drop in the water, but I don't have the luxury.
i'm planning to do the same thing, maybe we can pm about it?
Yeah go for it. I'm not exactly 100% going to go through with this plan yet, it's more like a backup plan that might solidify during the next 1-4 months. I'm currently pondering spiritual aspects of life and trying to somehow to make life worth living, but so far it seems dark and hopeless for me. Not giving up yet though.

Last edited:
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
Everyone here is looking for perfectly peaceful and painless. I don't think that exists, unless perhaps you have access to doctor assist.
OTOH, I don't think that drowning is as painful or terrifying as people here seem to believe. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/00258172211053127

People here also like to talk about the low success rate, but I suspect that has to do with people trying to drown themselves in a bucket or a bath tub.
I agree. Everyone is looking for the painless way out and it doesn't exist. I don't even believe N or SN is as painless as people believe. There will be some pain with exiting this world by our own hands. I like the idea of drowning because it is a no brainer--stay under water long enough and you die. You can't screw that up.

Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022

I'm pondering upon going out to sea in an inflatable dingy with a motor at night, then taking 100 benzos, 10 x 100mg oxys, 300ml morphine, lots of booze, then using a knife to pop the boat.

A back-pack full of metal weights may also make this more effective - thanks for the idea!

Have you read this? https://drowningsupportnetwork.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/what-happens-when-someone-drowns/

Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
Your method sounds quite good. I ahd something similar in mind. The only issue for me is that body might never be recovered and family will not have closure.
Yeah, it sucks, but it's not my fault I live in a satanic society, where so much unethical and inhumane shit goes on everyday that most people are totally blind to, but for some reason the government does everything in it's power to make it harder for the "weak/unproductive/ones that don't fit in society" to commit suicide, even though it's made clear that such people are just burden for others and worth nothing. So it's better to keep people alive homeless and eating from dumpsters than allow them to exit peacefully.

I can't be bothered with whether my family can find my body or not. Even though they love me, I've always felt abandoned and wanted to die since I was 5. It's not ideal, but I'll do whatever it takes to exit this hell if I find no other way.
I'm pondering upon going out to sea in an inflatable dingy with a motor at night, then taking 100 benzos, 10 x 100mg oxys, 300ml morphine, lots of booze, then using a knife to pop the boat.

A back-pack full of metal weights may also make this more effective - thanks for the idea!

Have you read this? https://drowningsupportnetwork.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/what-happens-when-someone-drowns/
Yeah I've read it. It's apparently very rare to CTB by drowning with weights, which I find weird. By all means if you actually want to drown, having weights on your back/tied to your neck makes it a lot more certain. I'd rather just drown in water than panic on the surface waiting for running out of energy to fight it.

Last edited:
R

Rabbit50

Apr 5, 2022
You could drown in water that is shallow enough for you to stand in, but I like the idea of using an inflatable boat and then bursting it when you feel that you are deep enough.

Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
You could drown in water that is shallow enough for you to stand in, but I like the idea of using an inflatable boat and then bursting it when you feel that you are deep enough.
Well that certainly improves your chances to succeed. Makes it easier to get farther in the lake with the weights as well. I might honestly consider this.
Now that I think about it, you could just mention it on a note where exactly you plan on drowning at and that you've a big and colorful plastic bottle or smth that floats and is easy to spot on the surface attached to your body.
People will then know where to search and what to look for to find your body. This would pretty much solve the issue right?

Last edited:
Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
----
I was planning on drowning myself within 2 weeks, but whereas normally the lake should melted in March, it's still frozen now in May. This hasn't happened in like 50 years :D climate change doing wonders lol.

Only demand I sort of have is that I shouldn't have to drown in ice cold water, but it seems like I can't really get picky about it. I can probably do it after 3 weeks earliest, it has to be delayed a bit. It's gonna be ice cold still but whatever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, transientflesh127 and Zzzzz
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
----
I was planning on drowning myself within 2 weeks, but whereas normally the lake should melted in March, it's still frozen now in May. This hasn't happened in like 50 years :D climate change doing wonders lol.

Only demand I sort of have is that I shouldn't have to drown in ice cold water, but it seems like I can't really get picky about it. I can probably do it after 3 weeks earliest, it has to be delayed a bit. It's gonna be ice cold still but whatever.

We are in a very similar boat. I'm not looking forward to cold water. I've been delaying my ctb every day waiting for it to warm up. I miss the warm climate I use to live in.

Last edited:
Fengshuiside

Fengshuiside

Apr 21, 2022
We are in a very similar boat. I'm not looking forward to cold water. I've been delaying my ctb every day waiting for it to warm up. I miss the warm climate I use to live in.
Yeah unlucky, the waters get like +20C' at best during summer here but that'd be fine, it's just going to sting a bit jumping in cold water, like I imagine it's gonna be a lot more uncomfortable than it needs to be but well it is what it is. It's not like I'm choosing this method for fun.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Aug 8, 2018
Yeah unlucky, the waters get like +20C' at best during summer here but that'd be fine, it's just going to sting a bit jumping in cold water, like I imagine it's gonna be a lot more uncomfortable than it needs to be but well it is what it is. It's not like I'm choosing this method for fun.
The water here is currently about 14 C but there's a huge wind chill also so it might be way colder than that. Way more uncomfortable than it should be. I was going to try today but SI kicked in and I get the feeling like I should try to go for a better death than an icy one. So many people live in warm climates, have heated pools or hot tubs or large bathtubs. Any of those would work but I don't have access right now unfortunately.