• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

I

Infiniteloop

Mar 19, 2022
Hello,

Does anyone know if the sn from the jungle site is effective? The claim is that it's <95% pure from china. Im not referring to the HM sn. Any comments or added insight on this matter is much appreciated. Do not post direct answers to my question on here, also do not mention specifics related to the item, instead pm me as per rules of the forum.

Apologize for the bother, I did all the research i can. Posting was my last option. I know i should order the exit test kit for sn, but i cannot order anything online due to some big change in my life (i don't want to specify for privacy reasons). Also the blood test seems to only conclude that you in fact do have sn, but the purity can still be in question. Sn is very lethal in the the right dose, but if the purity is in question, the likelihood of surviving with subsequent permanent damage seems high from my understanding.

Thank you everyone!

Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
Hello,

Does anyone know if the sn from the jungle site is effective? The claim is that it's <95% pure from china. Im not referring to the HM sn. Any comments or added insight on this matter is much appreciated. Do not post direct answers to my question on here, also do not mention specifics related to the item, instead pm me as per rules of the forum.

Apologize for the bother, I did all the research i can. Posting was my last option. I know i should order the exit test kit for sn, but i cannot order anything online due to some big change in my life (i don't want to specify for privacy reasons). Also the blood test seems to only conclude that you in fact do have sn, but the purity can still be in question. Sn is very lethal in the the right dose, but if the purity is in question, the likelihood of surviving with subsequent permanent damage seems high from my understanding.

Thank you everyone!
Hi. I'm sorry for your need to ctb, but I empathize. I think it's been removed from the jungle site. I seemed to have caught it the last few weeks it was there. I looked again and I'm guessing the pro lifers got it removed. I used the fish tank test step method. The only downside to that is then you've got 100 fish tank test strips and no fish tank. If it comes back on the site, it's definitely at least 95%. My test came back 10 or so whatever unit is used (I'm sorry. I'm too depressed to remember the unit of measure) and that means it's very near pure.

I wish you great luck finding it of you decide to go through with it. It's always ok to change your mind

D

DyingMiND

It didn't have 2B like this.
Apr 4, 2022
My test came back 10 or so whatever unit is used (I'm sorry. I'm too depressed to remember the unit of measure) and that means it's very near pure.
As far as the test strips are concerned, they only tell you a concentration in mg/L or ppm. However, a concentration tells you nothing about purity in reality. Purity is based on a compounds physical properties (like boiling or melting points) or how it behaves with respect to analysis (such as chromatography, spectroscopy, etc) compared to a similar compound. Anyway, many people may argue on this forum that this isn't true, but it is. By doing aquarium tests (I have myself) all we are doing is looking for a color change which matches up with what we expect it to be. I sadly think these aquarium tests are all we have to measure "purity". Blood testing is rather crude with regards to testing. Just because blood will turn dark chocolate color with SN, it can easily do so with many other substances. As long as something can accept electrons (gaining electrons is called reduction; thus, blood is being reduced while SN becomes oxidized), it's color will change. These color changes are so subjective IMO.

Not sure if that helped any, but just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

• Informative
Reactions: Euthanza, Emmie and Iamchickenhat
Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
As far as the test strips are concerned, they only tell you a concentration in mg/L or ppm. However, a concentration tells you nothing about purity in reality. Purity is based on a compounds physical properties (like boiling or melting points) or how it behaves with respect to analysis (such as chromatography, spectroscopy, etc) compared to a similar compound. Anyway, many people may argue on this forum that this isn't true, but it is. By doing aquarium tests (I have myself) all we are doing is looking for a color change which matches up with what we expect it to be. I sadly think these aquarium tests are all we have to measure "purity". Blood testing is rather crude with regards to testing. Just because blood will turn dark chocolate color with SN, it can easily do so with many other substances. As long as something can accept electrons (gaining electrons is called reduction; thus, blood is being reduced while SN becomes oxidized), it's color will change. These color changes are so subjective IMO.

You're absolutely right now that I think about it. Mine says it's laboratory grade, I think. How do you think that is?

Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021

The blood test is accurate. Your blood turns brown because the nitrites deprive your blood of being able to receive enough of oxygen. The aquarium tests are accurate. They will tell you if nitrites are present. The test strips just don't change a random color. They turn a certain color as a result of a specific chemical reaction. They may not tell you a specific number, but they will accurately tell you if there is a high level of nitrites present. People use this test to test the nitrite level in water. It's accurate. If it wasn't, everyone's fish would die. There is also a regrant test kit that you can buy to test for nitrites. It is more accurate than the test strips. You add chemicals directly in a test tube, so there is less room for error.

The SN is rigorously tested before it is labeled and can be sold. The purity listed on the label is accurate and can be trusted. It has to be. SN is added to food and used for different applications in the lab. They need to know what is in it before it is used.

No reputable business is going to deliberately lie about the purity of their product. If they did they would go out of business, and they would be sued for deliberately misrepresenting their product. No one is watering down the SN or selling people something else and slapping on an SN label and trying to trick people. SN is added to foods and used for different applications in the lab. If they were sold something beside SN, they would know and file a complaint with the company that sold it to them. No one has anything to gain by doing this. They would only get in trouble if they get caught.

I'm sure that there are other substances that can deprive someone's blood of oxygen and turn their blood brown. Some people keep saying this. Please name one such substance that does this and looks so similar in appearance and texture that it can easily be mistaken for SN.
You're absolutely right now that I think about it. Mine says it's laboratory grade, I think. How do you think that is?
Your SN is fine. Don't worry. The SN's purity is rigorously tested before it is sold. The purity listed on the label is accurate. SN is labeled as either laboratory, food, or technical grade. The laboratory grade undergoes the most rigorous testing, because it is used in labs, and they need to know exactly what is in it. If the label says it's 99 percent pure SN, it is.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: shattered dreams, london3, Euthanza and 2 others
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
I'm sure your lab grade is fine to use. Just make sure you test it using the methods described on this site as these are the only ways to assess "purity".
The test strips just don't change a random color. They turn a certain color as a result of a specific chemical reaction
There is also a regrant test kit that you can buy to test for nitrites. It is more accurate than the test strips.
You're correct. The test strips turn a specific color according to concentration of that substance (nitrite).

I know of and have used a reagent test kit (a rather low cost one). Of course, all tests are not created equal. There are high end test kits which are the industrial type and then the cheaper aquarium type kits. But again, this all just measures concentration and not purity. You can make a 5 mg/L solution of 70% SN and will get a color change. There are variances amongst test strips as well. Just go on YouTube or online forums and you can watch/read how some aquarium lovers describe inaccuracies amongst different strip brands (the same with reagent tests).
No reputable business is going to deliberately lie about the purity of their product. If they did they would go out of business, and they would be sued for deliberately misrepresenting their product
I believe your statement. I'm not saying that companies would deliberately falsify the purity of their product at all. I'm sure reputable companies would rigorously test their products in labs to ensure the purity they advertise. Still, we have to think about what uses the company promotes the SN use for. If it's for use in a lab, I'm sure they test very thoroughly. But, maybe, if the SN is to be used for, say, dying fabrics, then the difference between 70 vs 80% may not matter. In this case, the company may not worry too much about the precise purity of it. I don't believe most people, including myself, would know where to begin searching if there have been complaints of SN quality with a specific company. In the end, consumers mostly just place faith in what a company claims is true about it. That all I can do as well.
Please name one such substance that does this and looks so similar in appearance and texture that it can easily be mistaken for SN.
Potassium nitrite looks very similar and is a strong oxidizing agent just like SN. I just did a search (I never had previously though).
From the web:
Kn
I was just making a point that there are other substances that can oxidize blood. Do I know if potassium nitrite can turn blood dark brown for sure? No. But as an oxidizing agent, I'm sure it would.

My whole point is that we can't equate concentration to purity. We may be able to INFER purity by creating solutions with specific concentrations and expecting a particular color. Even that is a relatively crude method but it's the best we have given that most people don't have access to a lab or have the understanding of chemist.

Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
I believe your statement. I'm not saying that companies would deliberately falsify the purity of their product at all. I'm sure reputable companies would rigorously test their products in labs to ensure the purity they advertise. Still, we have to think about what uses the company promotes the SN use for. If it's for use in a lab, I'm sure they test very thoroughly. But, maybe, if the SN is to be used for, say, dying fabrics, then the difference between 70 vs 80% may not matter. In this case, the company may not worry too much about the precise purity of it. I don't believe most people, including myself, would know where to begin searching if there have been complaints of SN quality with a specific company. In the end, consumers mostly just place faith in what a company claims is true about it. That all I can do as well.

My whole point is that we can't equate concentration to purity. We may be able to INFER purity by creating solutions with specific concentrations and expecting a particular color. Even that is a relatively crude method but it's the best we have given that most people don't have access to a lab or have the understanding of chemist.
The SN has already been tested in a lab and its purity has already been determined before it is sold. It's required by law to be tested before it can be graded and sold. The purity listed on the label is accurate and can be trusted. When it is tested in a lab, it is given a certificate of analysis telling you exactly the quality and purity of the substance. Any reputable company will give you a copy of the certificate of analysis of their product, so there is no question of what you are buying. This analysis is done by an independent lab not by the company that sells it. If someone buys SN and the label says it is 99 percent pure SN, it is. There is no reason for them to lie. No one is putting a different substance in the bag and labeling it as SN or misrepresenting it's purity. It's not really necessary to further test the SN if you buy it from a reputable company. You can contact the company, and they will give you the COA from the lab that tested it. Saying that someone is unable to know the exact purity of the product is inaccurate.

Last edited:
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
The SN has already been tested in a lab and its purity has already been determined before it is sold. It's required by law to be tested before it can be graded and sold. The purity listed on the label is accurate and can be trusted. When it is tested in a lab, it is given a certificate of analysis telling you exactly the quality and purity of the substance. Any reputable company will give you a copy of the certificate of analysis of their product, so there is no question of what you are buying. This analysis is done by an independent lab not by the company that sells it. If someone buys SN and the label says it is 99 percent pure SN, it is. There is no reason for them to lie. No one is putting a different substance in the bag and labeling it as SN or misrepresenting it's purity. It's not really necessary to further test the SN if you buy it from a reputable company. You can contact the company, and they will give you the COA from the lab that tested it. Saying that someone is unable to know the exact purity of the product is inaccurate.
I understand what you are saying and makes sense to me. I know if companies want to market their product and label it as being a certain percentage of purity, then they will get it tested by an independent lab... Like you said. However, not all products are created equal. That is, some companies (not those in the UK, USA or Canada for example) which are located in more economically challenged countries may not hold their products to the same rigorous standards compared to more developed countries. Why? I don't know. But, it actually may happen. I'm not telling everyone to doubt the quality of their SN, but at least test it with methods which we can then infer it's purity. Again, making a solution with a specific concentration and then testing it with test strips doesn't directly confirm purity. The color changes on strips are very subjective. On some, the color shade between one concentration and the next are quite minute which can lead to confusion about purity.

I want to address your statement that "No one is putting a different substance in the bag and labeling it as SN or misrepresenting it's purity". I would have to agree with you for the most part. However, there was a case somewhere in the forum about a failure of their "supposed" SN to help them to CTB. The poster actually used a product from a reputable seller, but failed even though he followed a particular regimen. He/ she posted pictures of their SN in the bag it normally comes in. Well, the product did not even look like SN from that particular company and many people commented on that. The crystals were totally white, almost see through. It was not small, granular or yellow tinged like the SN they normally sell. So, how did he/she get a product that does not even look anywhere close to the SN they normally sell? Could it be a one-off thing... possibly. But that would be a great error because these things are made in batches. I don't know where to find the thread just yet.

Update: found the thread at https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/failed-sn-not-sure-why.92077/page-8

I'm not saying the company intentionally provided a faulty product because even the poster could have possibly been untruthful.

I don't think it's inaccurate to say we can't know the purity. I don't have access to a lab and use methods such as chromatography or spectroscopy to determine it's purity. Do you? What I'm getting at is that we, as consumers, expect things as they are advertised without question because that's all we can do. We either place faith in something or we don't. Most people can't go around conducting tests to ensure that something is truly what is claimed. With regards to SN, I'm sure most claims are true from reputable companies. But we can't extrapolate this to each company in the world that sells SN.

Last edited:
Reactions: london3
london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
This is a very old thread.

In essence please do a blood test or aquarium test to test that SN i in the actual powder.

If you want to be more sure in terms of purity levels please send of to a lab to test with a industrial machine.

Reactions: DyingMiND
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
I think you misunderstood what I am trying to say about it being tested in a lab. It is required by law that SN purity be tested before it can be sold. The SN has already been tested by chemists in a lab and it's exact purity has already been determined. When a company buys SN, they are given a certificate of analysis from the lab telling them exactly what they are buying. No reputable company would buy it without a certificate from the lab telling them exactly what it is. The consumer doesn't have to test the SN themselves to determine the purity. The company will send them a certificate of analysis from the lab which tells them what the exact purity is. All the consumer has to do is contact the company and give them the lot number on the package, and the company will send them a certificate.
They will send you a certificate like this

C238372D 5CA8 4041 BAC8 96FD1B24AD2E The SN has a purity of 99.6 percent. The purity is not inferred. It was tested in a reputable
lab and its exact quality and purity is already known. The lab isn't going to lie about a products purity. SN is used in labs, schools, the food industry, and many other industrial applications. They need to know the purity of the product before they buy it. If a company was lying about its purity or selling them another product all together, it would soon be known, and the company would go out of business.

I would take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt and not believe everything you read. You don't know who you are really talking to or what their real intentions are. II'm not saying this person is lying, but just because someone says something happened, doesn't mean it's true. Their story is odd. The company they claimed to buy it from has a very good reputation. It's very unlikely that they sent the wrong product. There are many people on here that have bought SN from them. They have tested it and have successfully ctb. I would use common sense and trust the word of a reputable company and many customers who have bought it, tested it, and given it a good rating, over the word one person who I don't know anything about and tells a very odd story that can't be verified. No one else has complained that they were given the wrong product. Even if the story is true, it would be a one time thing. The company has a very good reputation. People can ask the company to send them the certificate of analysis from the lab it was tested in, so they can verify the purity.

Reactions: DyingMiND
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
I apologize as I truly misunderstood you about the lab process. Now that you explained it that way, it makes more sense to me now.

Yes. I know the company has a good reputation here on SS and that many have used it to successfully CTB. I was just using that as an example I came across. Usually people fail because of lack of protocol but there are so many variables involved when thinking about success with SN. That case was very bizarre.. white crystals with a "bitter" aftertaste didn't seem right. However, I can't say I've ever ingested any amount of SN to know the actual taste.

I think @london3 and yourself made a good point about the lab/company and obtaining a COA if really concerned about purity.

Good discussion!

london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
I apologize as I truly misunderstood you about the lab process. Now that you explained it that way, it makes more sense to me now.

Yes. I know the company has a good reputation here on SS and that many have used it to successfully CTB. I was just using that as an example I came across. Usually people fail because of lack of protocol but there are so many variables involved when thinking about success with SN. That case was very bizarre.. white crystals with a "bitter" aftertaste didn't seem right. However, I can't say I've ever ingested any amount of SN to know the actual taste.

I think @london3 and yourself made a good point about the lab/company and obtaining a COA if really concerned about purity.

Good discussion!

Yes the manufacturer would always test purity via a 3rd party lab. The would have a certificate to prove this.

When you are buying SN from a reputable Wholesaler or Retailer you can always ask for this certificate before buying from them. This should reassure you if the SN is legitimate and it contains the level of purity advertised.

Obviously there can be fraud in all walks of life especially with buying from a country with lax regulations. So it is important to take your time to do research and choose a SN source that you are happy with.

N

Nolife62

Aug 23, 2022
Ya I went to the jungle also diy not sure of purity 2lbs tried emailing seller about purity and gon no response. So I guess I'll just try when I get the guts and hope for the best
Ya I went to the jungle also diy not sure of purity 2lbs tried emailing seller about purity and gon no response. So I guess I'll just try when I get the guts and hope for the best

Last edited:
πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Brother
Brother there is a company that ships out of Alabama. 10$ for 2 pounds

πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Damn, unfortunately I had already purchased it. And are you sure it's sodium nitrite and not sodium nitrAte
I wouldn't lead you in the wrong direction sir.