storeboughtisfine

storeboughtisfine

trying my best
May 1, 2023
My doctor appointment today went well. I'm seeing an lgbtqia friendly physicial now and he authorized refills for all the medications ive been without for months.

He also put in several referrals for me like... so quickly. I'm working on getting in with my old dermotologist again to deal with my HS, even.

And I got to spend some time having lunch and shopping with my partner. We got them some button up shirts at Burlington's in preperation of them having too surgery in a few weeks.

I'm hoping things are going to get better. But i'm still scared of getting better, honestly. The idea of not being miserable seems so distant and impossible. I'm exhausted now, and in some pain, so im gonna throw my new clothes in the washing machine and lay down with my heating pad for awhile.

If you read this, tell me something good that happened to you today or send me a cute/funny meme? Trying to keep myself from falling into a post-social interaction dip.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and UsagiDrop
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
My doctor appointment today went well. I'm seeing an lgbtqia friendly physicial now and he authorized refills for all the medications ive been without for months.

He also put in several referrals for me like... so quickly. I'm working on getting in with my old dermotologist again to deal with my HS, even.

And I got to spend some time having lunch and shopping with my partner. We got them some button up shirts at Burlington's in preperation of them having too surgery in a few weeks.

I'm hoping things are going to get better. But i'm still scared of getting better, honestly. The idea of not being miserable seems so distant and impossible. I'm exhausted now, and in some pain, so im gonna throw my new clothes in the washing machine and lay down with my heating pad for awhile.

If you read this, tell me something good that happened to you today or send me a cute/funny meme? Trying to keep myself from falling into a post-social interaction dip.
Something good that happened to me today was reading this post. Legitimately I'm so fucking happy for you. 😄It's awesome you got that new physician, sounds like that and what they are getting you will be the boost you really needed at this point in time.

It seems like things are on the upswing for you. Remember, bad days are bound to happen again too. That's just the flow of life. Keep your eyes on the bigger picture of things though. It seems like that's shaping up to be something beautiful to look at.

• Love
Reactions: UsagiDrop and storeboughtisfine
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I am so happy for you. I seriously love seeing positive updates from you— well, any update in general, but the positive ones are extra nice. :)

If you want to know something good that happened to me today, I just had a decent day today. Nothing made me spiral. I had a regular day; I was able to go out and get things done without anything going wrong in my mind, and I even exceeded my expectations by being able to afford everything we need and more. That is good enough for me, it's seriously a great day in my books.

But i'm still scared of getting better, honestly. The idea of not being miserable seems so distant and impossible.
It's okay to feel this way. When we've been this way for so long, not drowning in pessimism and misery seems daunting and even impossible. We believe in you, though. You deserve to feel happy, to not feel misery, and I sincerely hope that you get there one day. No matter how scary it is, I hope you keep striving to find the best in you and to get better if that is what you want. We never know how it is going to be, or who we are going to be, after we decide to recover. That uncertainty is completely understandable and probably inevitable. The only thing we know about recovering is that it has to be a hell of a lot better than how we feel now, which is why we keep trudging on, I think.

I hope that things continue to go well for you and you keep finding small things to be happy about/content with. Please keep us updated! And good luck with your partner's surgeries, I will keep you guys in my thoughts. 💛

• Love
Reactions: storeboughtisfine